Has anybody ever had a real epiphany...

Recaptimus_Prime360
Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2011 in For The Grown & Sexy
Just wondering. i mean have you ever just reflected on your life, then all of the sudden, that light bulb comes on in your head, and you made a change? holla back wit your responses.

Comments

• MICHAEL-V.I.
    MICHAEL-V.I. Members Posts: 1,898 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    darkone360 wrote: »

Just wondering. i mean have you ever just reflected on your life, then all of the sudden, that light bulb comes on in your head, and you made a change? holla back wit your responses.

Nah Bruh, but I might have an Epiphany If Nicki Minaj give me a lap dance @ the United Center tomorrow night @ that I Am Music II Tour
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    edited March 2011
    i'm about to drop a titangraph, grown folk, real talk type of post...

for me, i realized somethin about myself. i'm currently seeing 7 women...

my recent ex...whom i saw myself settling down wit b/c we've been together for the longest. yet, well we're not together.

the chick i confessed to my ex i messed wit 2 years ago...very dependable. looks out for a brotha. but has a tendency to try TOO hard to win my affection.

my other ex...also known each for the longest. sex is wonderful. everything else, ehh. too stubborn. too hardheaded.

my homegirl... i can see her as someone i can settle down wit. problem wit her, ehh she smokes a lot. chick can run thru a pack of cigarettes.

chick i'm just sexing...yeah i don't see myself being in a relationship wit this hefa. it wouldn't work at all. we butt heads almost on a daily basis. but sex is good. therefore, she's just a creep thang.

white chick i met on blackplanet...we've talked over the phone a few times, and text each other. haven't met in person yet. she cool peoples.

chick my homeboy hooked me up wit...she cool as well. we've been goin out for the past 3 1/2 weeks now. good convo. enjoy each others company. we're still in the early stages, so the jury still out.

so i guess my epiphany would be...i need to change the way i'm living my life, in order to find that ONE. that's probably why i have so much chaos when it comes to dating/relationships. i just dunno what i want. i kinda miss being in a relationship where i see no other woman, but the one i'm wit. that's why u gotta envy brothas like du, or ladies like kai, who see their s/o as their better halves. hell just anybody outside the IC who are involved.

yeah i know alot of us say we'll stay single to til the day we die, and turn our noses up @ a relationship. but being single should only be a temporary thing. i forgot what show it was, but i remember someone sayin, one of the greatest fear for a man, is being alone. maybe that's one of the reasons why some of us cheat. or why we date multiple women. which is why i seriously need consider settling down. the problem is, i gotta find that right one to make me do that. ehh. it'll happen eventually i guess.

i mean how does everybody feel about their relationship status?
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    edited March 2011
    Nah Bruh, but I might have an Epiphany If Nicki Minaj give me a lap dance @ the United Center tomorrow night @ that I Am Music II Tour

lol!!! damn an epiphany, i mite catch a sexual assult charge if that hefa gave me lap dance.
  • DEE-LICIOUS
    DEE-LICIOUS Members Posts: 6,088 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    i'm about to drop a titangraph, grown folk, real talk type of post...

for me, i realized somethin about myself. i'm currently seeing 7 women...

i mean how does everybody feel about their relationship status?

So, is this about epiphanies about your life or is this about how we feel about our relationship status? Cause you asked 2 different things..........

My relationship status is great.

I've had several huge epiphanies in my life....One that I wouldn't mind sharing was when I realized I was going to turn 30 years old but hadn't accomplished a goal I set when I was around 22 when I promised myself that I would go for my masters degree before I turned 30. I woke up one morning and was like wow...I don't have a master's degree. It was very random....I hadn't thought about that ? in years and really had no plans of going back to school. But that morning it was like a lightbulb went off and I couldn't believe the years passed so quickly and I hadn't accomplished that goal. I started school about 23 days before my 30th birthday.
  • Mr.Audigier216
    Mr.Audigier216 Members Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    I feel what u sayin dark....i once came to the same choice that u just made. Quite frankly man, the "Chase" n the multiple partners at once gets old after a while. I mean really ? can say what they want but on some real ? , it gets old as ? n boring.....

At this moment n time I had an epiphany about the vices I have in my life n had I not started said vices I could b at least 10 years ahead of my time now, instead it seems I'm 7 yrs back which has prompted me to make a change for the better
  • J-GUTTA
    J-GUTTA Members Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Well on a personal level just stop being so angry at my kids mother because it wasn't accomplishing anything positive. It took me a good 2 years of not wanting to straight up merk her yo.
  • King Erauno
    King Erauno Members Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    t/s i feel u (n/h) on the relationship thing...u want a chick who will be for you 100% and thats hard to find these days. i'm feeling the same way as you..almost same situation..its not really an epiphany as that these women really need to prove their worth or weed themselves out. you cant force a chick to be with u..so let it do what it do
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Probably the "money over ? " epiphany I had around 1st grade or so.
  • deaththreats
    deaththreats Members Posts: 1,602 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    T/S that's real talk right there....You can eventually get burnt out on getting ass after ass, hitting ? after ? and eventually wanna get something real..Its just like the clubs after a while, you do that ? for about 8 or 9 years straight and after a while it be like ? the club I just wanna post up in the house
  • Mr.Audigier216
    edited March 2011
    T/S that's real talk right there....You can eventually get burnt out on getting ass after ass, hitting ? after ? and eventually wanna get something real..Its just like the clubs after a while, you do that ? for about 8 or 9 years straight and after a while it be like ? the club I just wanna post up in the house

Real ? @ the club analogy.....I was hitting them ? hard for bout 7 years straight, now id rather cop a bottle n watch a good movie while I sip
  • Bwoahmizzee
    Bwoahmizzee Members Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    one time I thought I had an epiphany but it was just the pif in me
  • deaththreats
    edited March 2011
    Real ? @ the club analogy.....I was hitting them ? hard for bout 7 years straight, now id rather cop a bottle n watch a good movie while I sip

MAN...plus don't get no Krispy Kreme donuts to set that ? off
  • Mr.Audigier216
    edited March 2011
    MAN...plus don't get no Krispy Kreme donuts to set that ? off

? b feeling like its got to b a ? when u see that sign lit up.....I swear its got to b ? in them donuts
  • deaththreats
    edited March 2011
    ? b feeling like its got to b a ? when u see that sign lit up.....I swear its got to b ? in them donuts

LMFAOOO..off top playboy...I ? around and eat the whole dozen er'time...? be swerving in traffic and ? trying to eat 'em right out the drive thru, ? got glaze flakes all on ya shirt, in ya lap, and in the seat..
  • Plop Star
    Plop Star Members Posts: 8,833 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011

lol but this.................
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011

hahahaha trill ?
  • Sh0t
    Sh0t Members Posts: 1,162
    edited March 2011
    Several of my lifetime, similar to some mentioned above.

M.O.B. was a big one, which thankfully came early on for me

My mother dying last year helped me refocus on where I spend my time and money.

Realizing I prefer toys to 'grown up' ? like marble countertops and hardwood floors, etc. I'd rather spend money on track days, boat gas, etc, than on luxury items for my crib. One of my friends, his major spending pattern is based around "pimping" out ? , ostensibly to lure women, but he's a serial monogamist so he's a living contradiction. It's not pretty at all. Meanwhile, my place is very plain looking inside, but I have a shed full of cool toys that I try and use as much as I can.

I haven't burnt out on chasing ass at all. In fact, I'm enjoying it more now than ever because I can afford to be extravagant at times. I just turned 30, no end in sight and my main love interest is a borderline ? biker chick, with expected fringe benefits. I have this streak in all areas of my life, not just women. I chase money the same way, it's also why I'm into "goal chasing" sports like racing, etc.

Clubbing is wasted on young men really. To enjoy it at that age is financially irresponsible. Fast forward ten years, and outrageous hotel and clubbing bills are chump change. At 21, I groaned about paying 10-20 dollars for cover chargers. Nowadays, if they don't charge covers, I almost don't want to go in because the cover is a great filter.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    edited March 2011
    Yeah being involved wit all those different women is gettin old. Maybe around b/c I've been tryin to decide which one is right for me to settle wit. Sad part is, I've been tryin to figure that out for years now. But it's ran it's course. I even contemplated wiping the slate clean, and just start over.
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011

Hell yea. I had this "epiphany" last July at some club. I was in that ? hating it with a passion. I realized that the club scene is just pointless and it's the same ? EVERRRRRRYTIME. I definitley stopped clubbin on a regular basis after that realization. And I'm only 21! But I been clubbin since I was like 15/16, so five years later I'm so bored with it.

chill ass friday night chiefin with the homies>>>>>friday night at the club
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    edited March 2011
    Hell yea. I had this "epiphany" last July at some club. I was in that ? hating it with a passion. I realized that the club scene is just pointless and it's the same ? EVERRRRRRYTIME. I definitley stopped clubbin on a regular basis after that realization. And I'm only 21! But I been clubbin since I was like 15/16, so five years later I'm so bored with it.

chill ass friday night chiefin with the homies>>>>>friday night at the club

one thing i never really understood, is folks who hit the club EVERY weekend. EVERY FREAKIN WEEKEND!! why? it's like goin to work imo. the clubs might as well put a time clock hang a time clock near the front door, and have folks clock in. why not? lol
  • deelight
    deelight Members Posts: 223 ✭✭
    edited April 2011
    So t/s what is truly your epiphany ? Sounds like you are playing a big game trying to juggle 7 different females and bet none of them have a clue, that you are playing them.
    Do any of them know you are talking with other females or do they feel they are the only one?
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    edited April 2011
    deelight wrote: »
    So t/s what is truly your epiphany ? Sounds like you are playing a big game trying to juggle 7 different females and bet none of them have a clue, that you are playing them.
    Do any of them know you are talking with other females or do they feel they are the only one?

umm, i guess u didn't read my post. so lemme refresh ur memory...

"so i guess my epiphany would be...i need to change the way i'm living my life, in order to find that ONE"