[UPDATED] CunninLynguists - Oneirology (OUT NOW, Stream inside/buy $9)

Options
124»

Comments

• MastaAceTheGOAT
    MastaAceTheGOAT Members Posts: 724
    edited March 2011
    Options
    RuffDraft wrote: »
    Yeah, the growth they've shown over the years is hard to comprehend. This album flows so fluidly as you say that it's difficult to understand when a song changes... genius on Kno's end.

The lyricism is great too, I still need to decipher the album before I jump the gun as you say as well, but it's definitely 4/5+

Album of the year thus far!!!

i got this today, im really feeling that pharoah monche atm and need to allow that to sink in, and when im done im definately looking forward to checking this out. i got their southerunderground album on your recommendation and i was not disappointed. thank you for the put on
  • RuffDraft
    RuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    i got this today, im really feeling that pharoah monche atm and need to allow that to sink in, and when im done im definately looking forward to checking this out. i got their southerunderground album on your recommendation and i was not disappointed. thank you for the put on

You still have to check out A Piece of Strange as well as ? Acres as well though, don't miss those!! You'll be blown away by Kno's production if you jump from SouthernUnderground to this lol.

Haven't got Pharoah's yet!! How good is it??
  • MastaAceTheGOAT
    MastaAceTheGOAT Members Posts: 724
    edited March 2011
    Options
    RuffDraft wrote: »
    You still have to check out A Piece of Strange as well as ? Acres as well though, don't miss those!! You'll be blown away by Kno's production if you jump from SouthernUnderground to this lol.

Haven't got Pharoah's yet!! How good is it??

I think its dope, some of the beats are a bit off, but on the whole their good. features are great. royce destroys this one track with jean grae. its better than desire. 8/10
  • satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    i finaly listend to this today all the way thru. ? is mad ill. mos def another album of the year.
  • mephistopheles
    mephistopheles Members Posts: 97
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Damn, thanks to school and work I completely forgot about this album........
  • T-Rel
    T-Rel Members Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I copped this a few days ago haven't gave it a thorough listen yet
  • RuffDraft
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Damn, thanks to school and work I completely forgot about this album........

haha that's a good way to discover a new album though, I was the same with ? Acres, completely forgot and then I was like damn, it's out!!!
    T-Rel wrote: »
    I copped this a few days ago haven't gave it a thorough listen yet

Had a chance yet?

My copy has just arrived from the States:

photo-4.jpg

photo-3.jpg
    Limited pre-order edition includes all the instrumentals ^^^

Great album, IMO. I already had it as I bought it off their website as well, but it didn't disappoint...
  • HipHop90
    HipHop90 Members Posts: 31
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Went to see em last night in Bristol and they did a couple of songs from the new album...? was dope! Got Deacon's bandana aswell haha, Pack FM opened for them never heard of him before but thought he was pretty sick did a great job of getting the crowd going.
  • RuffDraft
    edited March 2011
    Options
    HipHop90 wrote: »
    Went to see em last night in Bristol and they did a couple of songs from the new album...? was dope! Got Deacon's bandana aswell haha, Pack FM opened for them never heard of him before but thought he was pretty sick did a great job of getting the crowd going.

I saw them the night before in Manchester!! Class that you got Deacon's bandana!!! Did they do The Gates???

I created a thread about it here...
  • HipHop90
    edited March 2011
    Options
    No a few of us tried getting them to do it, but they said they couldn't do it without Tonedeff cos he was so ill on the mic, a great night in all though, KKKY or Mic Like A Memory were my favourite parts!
  • HipHop90
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Also was pretty funny when Kno referred to them as Marshal & The Deacons cos everyone thinks he sounds like Eminem and Deacon and Natti are the same guy hahaha
  • RuffDraft
    edited April 2011
    Options
    No a few of us tried getting them to do it, but they said they couldn't do it without Tonedeff cos he was so ill on the mic, a great night in all though, KKKY or Mic Like A Memory were my favourite parts!

Ahh that's fair enough, I went with a girl who wasn't into hip hop (friend dropped out last minute), so had to sit down for the Pack FM set and couldn't get to the front then for CL. But I was shouting at them to do it, but I understand that answer... they did the Seasons, I think that was my favourite part... followed by Linguistics/Mic Like A Memory/Mexico.
    Also was pretty funny when Kno referred to them as Marshal & The Deacons cos everyone thinks he sounds like Eminem and Deacon and Natti are the same guy hahaha

hahaha Kno turned out to be a funny dude, I agree with the Deacon/Natti thing as well haha but they were so powerful with their stage presence in comparison to Pack FM who was great at hyping the crowd but needs to work on his live sets and sounding clear...