The Knowledge Thread. Ask anything.

1235»

Comments

• jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Can Blade stand toe to toe with Wolverine?

It can be a good fight, but Wolverine would most likely win the majority. It's hard to keep him down and his claws will have more effect than Blade's blade
  • jaxn
    edited March 2011
    1. So, I don't follow comics much, but I did follow Civil War. I was shocked and embarrased to see what they did to Punisher's character. They straight eviscerated any masculinity he had by having him be Cap's ? . My question is did Marvel ever do anything or will they ever do anything to restore some respectability to Frank Castle? Can't they just retcon that ? out of Marvel canon and pretend it never happened?
    that actually was in Frank's character. Most of these heroes view Cap as some kind of heroic ? , even Spiderman gets goofy around him. Frank, being a soldier himself, heard numerous stories about Cap and has been able to witness him in action, so he is in awe around him.
    2. Speaking of retcon, how has the new Spider-Man story progressed since they retconned out MJ and Peter Parker's marriage?
    It's ok, although there are some who don't like the direction.
  • jaxn
    edited March 2011
    Ehhhh I would like it more if they hadn't made her a Summers or connected her to the Phoenix/Jean. I mean she's going to have something to do with Jean being reincarnated which takes a lot of surprise out of what you can do with her.
    agreed, I was hoping the mutant savior would be someone other than a Jean Grey clone, although Hope seems to be more like Rogue with her abilities..pulling powers out her ass. For a minute there, I thought Nate would be the savior, but I haven't seen anything of him since being locked up by Osborn (?)
    Naw I haven't been readin BP: Man Without Fear. Im just glad Marvel is realizing they can do BP without Hudlin.
    Even though Hudlin had a few issues of "what is this guy thinking" in his arcs, I'll give him props for bringing BP more to the forefront. He followed up on Priets' writing decently, although I believe Priest was the g.o.a.t. BP writer
    I used to be a huge Surfer fan as a kid, but I haven't read any of his solo series (ive been meaning to pick the Annihilators series tho).
    hopefully the team book is cool. They're so overpowered, Marvel will have to be creative with their villians for that team
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    jaxn wrote: »
    that actually was in Frank's character. Most of these heroes view Cap as some kind of heroic ? , even Spiderman gets goofy around him. Frank, being a soldier himself, heard numerous stories about Cap and has been able to witness him in action, so he is in awe around him.

It's ok, although there are some who don't like the direction.

Frankie wasn't a solider, he was a Marine.
  • arbitration
    arbitration Members Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    jaxn wrote: »

That makes me depressed. I really hope that star-struck, pie in the sky attitude isn't part of the Garth Ennis portrayal.
  • arbitration
    edited March 2011
    Ok, much of my comic book knowledge comes from the TV shows. So I dunno myuch about Cap America b/c he never had his own series. My question is what Cap America so revered in the Marvel Universe? Specifically, give me a moment in comic book history where you were like, "Damn, Captain America is the truth."

Also, what is going on with Captain America now? I know Steve Rogers came back from the dead, but has he assumed the mantle again, or is it still Bucky?
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Ok, much of my comic book knowledge comes from the TV shows. So I dunno myuch about Cap America b/c he never had his own series. My question is what Cap America so revered in the Marvel Universe? Specifically, give me a moment in comic book history where you were like, "Damn, Captain America is the truth."

Also, what is going on with Captain America now? I know Steve Rogers came back from the dead, but has he assumed the mantle again, or is it still Bucky?

whew
    I'll say............

and Cap is Marvel's first big "super hero" was even used as an inspiration for American WW2 fighters back in the 1940's

also he's had about 3 monthly ongoing titles to his name and countless mini series. When written correctly he is indeed "The truth". In the same vein as Batman because he has to no actuallly powers but has fought and defeated others who do, purely threw superior strategy and tactics .

Bucky is still acting as Cap......the writing is just that good, most fans felt it'll do the over-all story line a dis-service to just change it right now.

But once that live action movie drops......IDK
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Black Panther >>>> Captain America
    because Knives Amilli said so! hahaha
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    CapitalB wrote: »
    Black Panther >>>> Captain America
    because Knives Amilli said so! hahaha

I can live with that

'sides ruling a nation >>>>>>>>>>>>> inspiring a nation
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    a.mann wrote: »
    I can live with that

'sides ruling a nation >>>>>>>>>>>>> inspiring a nation

and there u have it!
    but u aint see that BP short they had on BET i guess?? i got the DVD from WalMart..
    ? beat the dog ? out of Captain America..

and he bangin Storm.. ? 's Sheenin out here! hahaha
  • arbitration
    edited March 2011
    a.mann wrote: »
    whew
    I'll say............
    Lol. It's just comic books bruh.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    I heard something along the lines of Nightwing losing a fight to some chick then that chick forced herself on him when he was KO'd/or dazed on the floor is this true??? Or was it a bit of an overblown thing?

Nevermind I peeped it sorta overblown.
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    1) What is the origin of Power Girl's enormous rack and why is it her most distinguishing feature?

2) As much as I despise homosexuality in comics, isn't reasonable and realisitic to asume the that Diana and her Amazons would be heavy into dyking, if not out and out misandrists?

3) How come The Batman hasn't been charged with child endangerment, abuse, or neglect?

4) Why do DC characters tend to have capes?

5) How did The Batman procure the giant penny, the playing card, and the robotic T-Rex and get them into the cave?

6) Who's the better escape artist, Mister Miracle or McGyver?

7) Why does Scott have a fetish for chicks with telekinetic/telepahty powers?

8) Is Magneto truly a bad guy or is he just hella down for his people?

9) Is Voltron a mecha or a giant robo?

10) Why does it seem that DC characters are on a higher power level than Marvel's?

11) We all know that Bats is the "world's best detective", but who's second, ? , Tim, or the Elongated Man?

12) The Elongated Man v Plas.

13) The winner of #12 v Reed Richards

14) Why is it that Bruce Timm and Dwayne McDuffie, make dope ass original stories from the source material, but nobody else seems to be able to do it.

15) Did The Joker ? Barbara Gordon?

16) Why is Arkham's security so bad?

17) Is The Batman indirectly culpable for the deaths caused by J?