McGeeAKey Members Posts: 1,928 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Cam'Ron couldve had it if he wasnt making that 123 Raps,he fell off in 2001
  • Aquafinafloe
    Aquafinafloe Banned Users Posts: 2,871
    edited August 2010
    Options
    ? !!! i am sooooo happy that jay z did not win this poll!!!!!!!!! thank ? for that one!! ughhhhh go head nas! lmaooo i love u baby and i voted for you to!! hahah im so silly!!!
  • Aquafinafloe
    Aquafinafloe Banned Users Posts: 2,871
    edited August 2010
    Options
    that is soooo correct why do ppl get brainwashed by that man...for some reason i just never ever ever liked him there was always something about him i could never listen to his music....the first song i realy tried to listen to was that "on to the next" and after heaing that...i didnt even want to go back and try to find somethng about him i would enjoy

rip.dilla wrote: »
  • Talk_Of_NY
    Talk_Of_NY Members Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Thats evident.

Look at how many dudes got Nas as they avi and they votin for him, dudes with BIG in they avi are votin for BIG, dudes with Cam votin Cam......

It ain't that hard to get off a dudes nuts is it? I got Nas in my avi but I can still answer the question with the truth. Jay has the crown. It is what it is.

If you wanna argue that, go back and read my previous post in this thread, bout 3 pages back.

And SMH @ dudes sayin BIG is the King. What kind of hierarchy you ever known of to have one king forever, even after they die? You think they call the corpse the king? No, they establish a new one. Jay is that. If Hov die, Nas is that.

SMH @ People sayin you should only take the music into account too when deciding.....rappin doesnt make nobody king. Runnin ? makes a king.

Who runs NYC?.......you know the answer, so stop lyin to yaself.

i fully agree, im a 50 stan but, i definately think jay got the crown as of right now
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Thats evident.

Look at how many dudes got Nas as they avi and they votin for him, dudes with BIG in they avi are votin for BIG, dudes with Cam votin Cam......

It ain't that hard to get off a dudes nuts is it? I got Nas in my avi but I can still answer the question with the truth. Jay has the crown. It is what it is.

If you wanna argue that, go back and read my previous post in this thread, bout 3 pages back.

And SMH @ dudes sayin BIG is the King. What kind of hierarchy you ever known of to have one king forever, even after they die? You think they call the corpse the king? No, they establish a new one. Jay is that. If Hov die, Nas is that.

SMH @ People sayin you should only take the music into account too when deciding.....rappin doesnt make nobody king. Runnin ? makes a king.

Who runs NYC?.......you know the answer, so stop lyin to yaself.

Big is still considered King cause there was not KONY before Big. The termed was coined and made for him. His alias is "FRANK WHITE" who is the KING OF NEW YORK, get it. That's why people still say Big is the King. When NaS said, "There can only be one King". New York said: Yes and that King is Biggie. I think NaS is getting votes cause the quality of his work over the years has been every good and believe it or not he's very consistant sales wise. But being KONY was established by Biggie and going off Biggie's blueprint than Yes, Jay Z is the heir of the throne to Big dispite NaS beating him in the battle.
  • bull6599
    bull6599 Members Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    King of NY is popularity contest. the fans pick the king, they picked big, they picked jay, it's not based on who's the better rapper because that is something nobody can agree on

^^^This^^^. The 2 albums & 2 artist credited w/ bringing the East Coast back in 94 were B.I.G. w/ RTD & Nas w/ Illmatic. Illmatic dropped nearly 5 months b4 RTD and even though I'm from BK I cant knock anybody for thinking Nas > B.I.G. or Illmatic > RTD b/c it's plausible. The reason B.I.G. was able to crown himself King of NY was b/c he went 2x plat while Nas went gold...in short B.I.G. was more popular.
  • deathrowzorrow
    deathrowzorrow Members Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Nas owns 2 GOAT NY Anthems : New York State of Mind part 1 & 2

Nas owns 2 GOAT NY Anthems : New York State of Mind part 1 & 2
  • Talk_Of_NY
    Talk_Of_NY Members Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Big is still considered King cause there was not KONY before Big. The termed was coined and made for him. His alias is "FRANK WHITE" who is the KING OF NEW YORK, get it. That's why people still say Big is the King. When NaS said, "There can only be one King". New York said: Yes and that King is Biggie. I think NaS is getting votes cause the quality of his work over the years has been every good and believe it or not he's very consistant sales wise. But being KONY was established by Biggie and going off Biggie's blueprint than Yes, Jay Z is the heir of the throne to Big dispite NaS beating him in the battle.

no BIGGIE is NY"s GREATEST OF ALL TIME, but when a king dies he gets replaced ? , u ? ? ,
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Talk_Of_NY wrote: »
    no BIGGIE is NY"s GREATEST OF ALL TIME, but when a king dies he gets replaced ? , u ? ? ,

Haha don't be so harsh Yayo.....Rapmastermind is actually one of the more sane posters here.
  • hrap-120
    hrap-120 Members Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I say, our *Great Jewish Brothers* who run this rap$hit, are the kings of ny for sure without a doubt.

You social lounge cats just cant help it......
  • icame4wo
    icame4wo Members Posts: 1,597 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    i guess since big took the name from a movie title its only right to let him have it. anyone else saying it from ny should be looked at as a biter.
  • bmoreeast
    bmoreeast Members Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Jay represents Jay.

Fif disses too many Ny artist to be the King

Nas then got to damn reclusive and takes to many L's

Jada aint out n the mainstream enuff

My vote would be Puff no body has more pull n Ny other then Bloomberg
  • Yaka
    Yaka Members Posts: 306
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I ? with nas or jada
  • Fazeem_Blackall
    Fazeem_Blackall Members Posts: 4,216 ✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    damn showing some love nassir is ahead at this point...
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    umm 50 cent nuff said
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    nas been holding it down since barbeque
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator