Music Event: CunninLynguists with Pack FM - Oneirology Tour 29/03/11

Options
RuffDraft
RuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
edited April 2011 in The Essence
Went to see them last night, great show, small venue but was pretty packed with around 150 people...

Pack FM opened up after a 2 hour DJ set that was a bit repetitive and could have leant its hand more towards the independent crowd, picked up in the latter stages as the DJ started to play hits from the Pharcyde and ODB - Shimmy Shimmy Ya!

Pack FM then came out and was well-received, he warmed up the crowd by crowd surfing and various chants, quite funny as well with his '? hate rappers' that he portrayed throughout his set, naming some acclaimed underground acts such as Atmosphere before saying 'what the ? is a Rick Ross?' lol.

As he left the introduction to Oneirology kicked in and they began to take us through their hits, including KKY, Seasons, Lynguistics and Mexico... they put on a great set, comical on stage with Kno's self-hate racist jokes about himself 'I'm white, so I can't stay on the beat' whilst Mary Jane continued to get love and attention throughout the night with some funny faces from Deacon and Natti about their love for her and eating it...

After the show, my only complaint was that they didn't play 'The Gates' nor did they finish with a great track, in fact, as a CL head, I can only assume the last track was from one of their Strange Journeys (which I wasn't as fond of) as I didn't know what it was... nevertheless, I was thankful they made the journey and put on a great show, Kno even entered the crowd and was around 10 feet from where I was stood... but I took some pics on my iPhone, they're attached below (admittedly not great quality):
IMG_1327.jpg

^^^^^^^^Kno in the crowd^^^^^^

IMG_1318.jpg

IMG_1321.jpg

IMG_1324.jpg

Next up, Black Star, Rakim and De La Soul...

Comments

• ty the great
    ty the great Members Posts: 162
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Props on the write up. I would love to attend one of shows, but I don't really live in the kind of market they would visit. Looking forward to the future write ups.
  • RuffDraft
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Props on the write up. I would love to attend one of shows, but I don't really live in the kind of market they would visit. Looking forward to the future write ups.

No problem, I'm going a Black Star concert in a month or two, can't remember the date, but I'll get some better pics there if I remember to take my camera. Rakim and De La Soul are there too, seen Kweli and De La Soul already, but definitely looking forward to it as the last time I had Mos Def tickets, he cancelled.

Shame about your location, maybe one weekend there will be a date that you can travel to :tu
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Yeah i live in alaska, hardly anyone ever comes up here :(
  • RuffDraft
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Lou Cypher wrote: »
    Yeah i live in alaska, hardly anyone ever comes up here :(

That sucks, great place to live though :tu