Marsha Ambrosius

2»

Comments

• SCRATCHOFF
    SCRATCHOFF Members Posts: 688
    edited March 2011
    i would tell those who aren't really feeling it to give it a couple of more listens. I'm a big floetry fan so I was a little "underwhelmed" at first but after a few listens I began to get the vibe of the album and man... its def THE best R&B albums to come out in the last 7years... lets not forget this is her FIrst solo effort... I think she did excellent.

I'm still shocked that Just Blazed produced Far Away.. he could have produced a few more tracks..
  • wilijamesme2
    wilijamesme2 Members Posts: 152
    edited March 2011
    The problem with this album (even though it's fiya) is, Far Away is TOO GOOD of a song that it simply overshadowed everything else on the album. It's like Monica last album ( Marsha album is better).It's some good song on the album,but Everything to Me blows everything away.
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    SCRATCHOFF wrote: »
    i would tell those who aren't really feeling it to give it a couple of more listens. I'm a big floetry fan so I was a little "underwhelmed" at first but after a few listens I began to get the vibe of the album and man... its def THE best R&B albums to come out in the last 7years... lets not forget this is her FIrst solo effort... I think she did excellent.

I'm still shocked that Just Blazed produced Far Away.. he could have produced a few more tracks..

o_0.......
  • deaththreats
    deaththreats Members Posts: 1,602 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    BY FAR...the HARDEST chick SINGING in the game right now...don't none of these R&B chicks SINGING (vocals) want it wit her.. Beyonce is the FULL package, but vocally she don't want Marsha
  • Super Lex
    Super Lex Members Posts: 460
    edited March 2011
    Basically, after far away I was expecting some classic r&b ? , I think people want real r&b back so bad that they're overrating this. Its just aiight to me

lol. So no one can genuinely like it as much as they say they do? Its a foreign concept because you think you don't like the album? Far Away isn't the best song on the album. You think it is. Cool. I think the album is fire. You think its 'aight'. That's cool too. Just because you don't feel the album how others do, doesn't mean they're overrating it.
  • supern0va_
    supern0va_ Members Posts: 214
    edited March 2011
    The problem with this album (even though it's fiya) is, Far Away is TOO GOOD of a song that it simply overshadowed everything else on the album. It's like Monica last album ( Marsha album is better).It's some good song on the album,but Everything to Me blows everything away.

Agreed. Congrats to her for finally getting this out though. She pushed and sold more copies first week than either Floetry album.
  • SCRATCHOFF
    edited March 2011
    o_0.......

Yes you read correctly.. best R&B album since 2004...
  • wilijamesme2
    wilijamesme2 Members Posts: 152
    edited March 2011
    SCRATCHOFF wrote: »
    Yes you read correctly.. best R&B album since 2004...

Someboby reaching. You had a shitload of great R&B albums that came out just last year.
  • SCRATCHOFF
    edited March 2011
    Someboby reaching. You had a shitload of great R&B albums that came out just last year.

Care to list? Just curious .... and maybe I should have said Best R&B since 04 to hit the mainstream Charts.... Congrats on being #2 Billboard
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Super Lex wrote: »
    lol. So no one can genuinely like it as much as they say they do? Its a foreign concept because you think you don't like the album? Far Away isn't the best song on the album. You think it is. Cool. I think the album is fire. You think its 'aight'. That's cool too. Just because you don't feel the album how others do, doesn't mean they're overrating it.

no im not saying that. I think the same thing is happening with hip hop that we are SOMEWHAT overrating quality hip hop albums because theres not a lot of quality hip hop left. It's not like shes a bad artist, its definitely possible that people love the album, IN MY OPINION it's just not GREAT, add that to the fact that i EXPECTED A LOT from marsha and it explains my opinion. To each his own....
  • Blue Virgo
    Blue Virgo Members Posts: 7,092 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    In addition to Far Away, I like Your Hands and Late Nights & Early Mornings.
  • quietaskept
    quietaskept Members Posts: 333 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Cool album based off two listens, it doesn't blow my mind though. I half expected there would be an album full of Getting Lates and Say Yes.' I kind of miss the vibe of the Floacist with Marsha's voice.

With You - does have the same vibe as Getting Late, so this track is cool with me.
    Late Nights & Early Mornings - I want to like this track, but I can't.
    Lose Myself - I can see this track being one of my favorites, but it has to grow on me.
    Sour Times - Love this track! I love how her voice matches the mood of the lyrics.
    Tears - Good song, nothing special really.
    Chasing Clouds - Dope beat, cool song.
    Butterflies (Remix) - I agree with the poster who said she should have left this to Mike.
  • lighthearted25
    lighthearted25 Members Posts: 1,307
    edited March 2011
    this is somewhat off topic but has anyone ever heard the version of floetry's "getting late" where marsha sings the verses instead of the other chick talkng them? i been lookin for tht ? since the song first came out. the radio use to play it real late at night and i can't find it on youtube or frostwire or on the album or itunes. if anyone has that please upload it.
  • DEE-LICIOUS
    DEE-LICIOUS Members Posts: 6,088 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    I'm lovin this album. Don't understand why the hell she put Butterflies on there though...we get it, u wrote it...its on a Floetry studio cd as well as the live cd and dvd...it definitely didn't need to be on this album

But I love the album otherwise...definitely worth my 11 bucks
  • DEE-LICIOUS
    DEE-LICIOUS Members Posts: 6,088 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    this is somewhat off topic but has anyone ever heard the version of floetry's "getting late" where marsha sings the verses instead of the other chick talkng them? i been lookin for tht ? since the song first came out. the radio use to play it real late at night and i can't find it on youtube or frostwire or on the album or itunes. if anyone has that please upload it.

The only time I"ve heard that was a live version I HAD on my old ipod :-( that song is the sole reason I ever started listening to Floetry...she sang the hell outta that damn song. I heard it at like 3am while I was deep in slumber...it woke me up. I got chills lol #truestory
  • datecha
    datecha Members Posts: 11
    edited April 2011
    I love her voice...the album is dope also
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    something about this ? voice, make a ? wanna cry, album is dope btw
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    edited April 2011
    This ? can fake a mean orgasm, booooooy.