Let Ice Drop his verse??

frozenheartwjlb
frozenheartwjlb Members Posts: 206
edited May 2011 in Got Beef
So wait the first round D.I missed the deadline and got a pass on that (which I was cool with). But now Ice is late for his the next round against D.I. and he is out? That is some ? , under that logic I should have been in round three, because both of them would have been knocked out against me. Yo Raw you need to let dude drop his verse, and stop showing favoritism.

Comments

• raw-material_ahh
    raw-material_ahh Members Posts: 555
    edited April 2011
    I'm not mad. Just moderating. It's true a few people dropped the ball in the first round but I rushed the first round compared to the last tournament. And to frozenheartwjlb, I made a thread explaining round one and that round two's due dates will be final. You can find that here: http://community.allhiphop.com/showthread.php?113250-Round-One-Update-READ-THIS
    And I even posted in the Tourney ? Talking the same info that can be found on page 3, first post.
    If you'd kept up with the tournament, you'd see why Young-Ice was DQ'd. I got ? prior to the round one verse due date from multiple people asking for extensions for different reasons. I'm not going to be wack and share my ? with everyone in the tournament and ask why I'm extending due times for everyone. If you check, you will notice Disciplined InSight wasn't the only one who was allowed to post after the original due time. So in round two, Ice said he was tired and will post the next day. That's lame. I'm not extending a due time BC of that. That makes it okay for everyone to say they are too tired to write and please extend the due date. Then it will happen every round so I'm never doing it again. I'm letting you know right now, you guys determine how good these tournaments are. For example, in the summer tournament, if we have 16 or 32 people in round one, I gurantee you 25% of these people will fail to check in even though I go out of my way and send each of you a message alerting you that your thread has been made and GL. Then about 20% of the rest of the people will fail to drop a verse within the next time limit. Because round one has so many people, I have to decide whether it is okay to extend the due time and I don't usually but when I get multiple messages from people like this tournament for different reasons, I do it but this is a DISCLAIMER for future tournaments: I am going to continue to moderate these tournaments but I am never going to extend a due date ever again unless the site goes down temporarily. I don't care what the excuse is even if it's a death in the family. I will tell everyone ahead of time that you have 2 days to check in and 2 more days to write a verse. That's 4 days to write a verse and if you have plans the day the verses are due, then you shouldn't have procrastinated and that's just your luck BC if it's 1 minute late, you will be DQ'd. I am not always going to be online at midnight Eastern Timezone but when I do log on, I am going to close the thread and DQ whoever no-showed, even the Champ. I'm not being harsh, just being fair and like I said, you guys are the ones that determine how cool/fun/good the tournaments are BC if y'all no-show and fail to vote, then that makes the tournament that much wacker. Just saying.
  • frozenheartwjlb
    frozenheartwjlb Members Posts: 206
    edited April 2011
    Thanks for the explanation, I get it. I just feel like honestly to come up with a 16 bar verse thats only text, no vocals needed should not take as much time that is given. I wrote mine at work on my hour lunch break, and on my 15 min break afterwards. So I feel like ample amount of time is given to come up with a verse. I'm glad you are not allowing no passes next time, it should have been like that from the start. If I came off disrespectful its just because I was heated seeing that, it looked like there was favoritism going on, so my bad on that.
  • raw-material_ahh
    raw-material_ahh Members Posts: 555
    edited April 2011
    Thanks for the explanation, I get it. I just feel like honestly to come up with a 16 bar verse thats only text, no vocals needed should not take as much time that is given. I wrote mine at work on my hour lunch break, and on my 15 min break afterwards. So I feel like ample amount of time is given to come up with a verse. I'm glad you are not allowing no passes next time, it should have been like that from the start. If I came off disrespectful its just because I was heated seeing that, it looked like there was favoritism going on, so my bad on that.

I agree with you homie. And I try to be fair but definitely not going to be pushed over. This has been a process at the same time to see what works and IDK if everyone else will agree but for the sake of the legitimacy of the tournament, all due dates will be final but when I create the threads, I will indicate that and will also explain the only excuse acceptable will be if the site's server goes down and any other reason for no-showing to either check in or dropping a verse will just be unfortunate.