Tell me.....

Conscious__Nkechi
Conscious__Nkechi Members Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭
edited April 2011 in Let Me Ride
Standard or Automatic?

Which do you own/drive?
Do you know how to drive a standard? And if so, which do you prefer in general and which do you think is better for driving long distances?

Comments

• Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    said tell me whats really going on
    Drizzy back up in this thing
    I’m ready, whats happening
    Gon for surgery but now I’m back again
    I’m bout my paper like a muthfucking scratch and win
    World Series attitude, champagne bottle life ,nothing ever changes
    So tonight is like tomorrow night
    I will have a model wife ,
    Your ? is as hot as ice
    Every time you see me I look like I hit the lotto twice
  • Dupac
    edited March 2011
    oh my bad... automatics....never drove stick...
  • KingJamal
    KingJamal Members Posts: 20,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Standard or Automatic?

Which do you own/drive?
    Do you know how to drive a standard? And if so, which do you prefer in general and which do you think is better for driving long distances?

Automatic

Plus I just love cruising listening to music
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    i like a female to ride my stick

praise allah
  • haute
    haute Members Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Drake and wiz Khalifa lyrics make me want to hug Teddy bears

Theyre so soft

Um right now I have an auto, but I'm looking for a new whip, and I'm thinking standard, I'm leaning towards a mini coop
  • Craig Robinson
    Craig Robinson Members Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    dusouljah wrote: »
    said tell me whats really going on
    Drizzy back up in this thing
    I’m ready, whats happening
    Gon for surgery but now I’m back again
    I’m bout my paper like a muthfucking scratch and win
    World Series attitude, champagne bottle life ,nothing ever changes
    So tonight is like tomorrow night
    I will have a model wife ,
    Your b-tch is as hot as ice
    Every time you see me I look like I hit the lotto twice

john-wall-dance-o.gif
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    I started on the stick shift, pops would'nt let us drive til we learned on that first. So I've had both over the years. Last standard shift I had was about 10 years ago and my car can go between both but It's not the same.
  • junegemini
    junegemini Members Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    i drive an automatic...need to learn how to drive a manual but know how to ride a motorcycle...weird, i know :(
  • KingJamal
    edited March 2011
    haute wrote: »

Theyre so soft

Um right now I have an auto, but I'm looking for a new whip, and I'm thinking standard, I'm leaning towards a mini coop
    LOL @ this indirect diss
  • MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    edited March 2011
    For my 18th bday my dad bought me a new mustang... it was a standard. He took me out into the country and said if I wanted the car I'd drive it back to Austin.

I learned how to drive it that day... had trouble with hills for a minute though

I prefer an automatic .... less work when your driving... short or long distances.
  • Conscious__Nkechi
    edited March 2011
    KingJamal wrote: »
    Automatic

Plus I just love cruising listening to music
    As long as you maintain that steady speed on the open road which is the best place to, you can still be able to cruise.
    haute wrote: »

Theyre so soft

Same here. I drive an automatic, but I can drive a standard and have the option of getting one now, I'm just weighing my options. Is there anything that would make you think twice about purchasing a standard? Traffic and horrible drivers would be even more testing. Grrrrr.
    I started on the stick shift, pops would'nt let us drive til we learned on that first. So I've had both over the years. Last standard shift I had was about 10 years ago and my car can go between both but It's not the same.
    Right but not the same in a good or bad way IYO? Which do you prefer? Answer the questions por favor :)
    junegemini wrote: »
    i drive an automatic...need to learn how to drive a manual but know how to ride a motorcycle...weird, i know :(

Not weird at all. Hey back in DR, you would first know how to ride a motorcycle before drive a car. I love riding them!
  • junegemini
    edited March 2011
    lol i meant weird as in the motorcycle is manual, but i dont know how to drive manual in a car

having a motorcycle made my fella radar skyrocket...i had fellas breaking their necks :)
  • KingJamal
    edited March 2011
    As long as you maintain that steady speed on the open road which is the best place to, you can still be able to cruise.

Same here. I drive an automatic, but I can drive a standard and have the option of getting one now, I'm just weighing my options. Is there anything that would make you think twice about purchasing a standard? Traffic and horrible drivers would be even more testing. Grrrrr.

Right but not the same in a good or bad way IYO? Which do you prefer? Answer the questions por favor :)

Not weird at all. Hey back in DR, you would first know how to ride a motorcycle before drive a car. I love riding them!

LOL a ruff ryder chick
  • King Erauno
    King Erauno Members Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    ive got an automatic. my first car was a stick so id rather get one of those...but for only fast/sports cars. when i cop my ferrarri its gonna be stick.
  • Conscious__Nkechi
    edited March 2011
    For my 18th bday my dad bought me a new mustang... it was a standard. He took me out into the country and said if I wanted the car I'd drive it back to Austin.

I learned how to drive it that day... had trouble with hills for a minute though

I prefer an automatic .... less work when your driving... short or long distances.
    Yeah, I have enough going on as is. It's fun for easy breezy driving but driving just around the way wouldn't help my slight, tad bit of "road rage." It's not rage, it's valid frustration with drivers who should have never gotten their license.
    Kay. wrote: »
    For long distance driving I prefer stick.
    They're better for gas and are easier on your engine.
    For city driving, automatic ftw. Constant stop and go traffic+stick shift car=ANNOYING AS HELL.

That is what I was thinking. As if being on the road with other drivers, amazing as they are, isn't annoying enough.
  • Shuffington
    Shuffington Members Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Ive only drivin stick shift... thats what I know.. Thats what I love

And get the Mini S, Haute.. that ? is fun. Not to fast but good on handling. Like a supersized go Kart.

I only test drove it... I was afraid I was going to have a ton of mechanical problems with it.. the 03 didnt get the greatest reviews
    and my current car is fine so I didnt pull the trigger
  • Dupac
    edited March 2011
    junegemini wrote: »
    lol i meant weird as in the motorcycle is manual, but i dont know how to drive manual in a car

having a motorcycle made my fella radar skyrocket...i had fellas breaking their necks :)

bikes make yall butts look enhanced
  • Conscious__Nkechi
    edited March 2011
    It's honestly so annoying, I had to drive my aunts car in Toronto. I never knew what road rage was before that day.
    If your not used to it, and you like in a city, it's generally best to stick to automatic.

That is what I was focusing on. This won't be good for my health, lol.
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    I can change gears so smoothly in a stick you won't feel it ? . But my car has the option of going in between but it has no clutch so I don't even use it
  • junegemini
    edited March 2011
    my ? is enhanced with and without the bike Du!!
  • About$
    About$ Members Posts: 1,320 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Stick... 5 or 6pd... My Work Car the G35 is currently automatic.. & I can't wait to get rid of it. I feel like an old man in an automatic.

However... in traffic... auto is kinda nice
  • TimroD
    TimroD Confirm Email Posts: 1,685 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    only drove stick so far
    im thinkin automatic is almost to easy and would get boring
  • I.B. Blackman
    I.B. Blackman Members Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Automatic all day. I dont care too much for shiftin gears 'n all that so..... *shrugs*
  • bbkg79
    bbkg79 Members Posts: 613 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    For long distance driving I prefer stick.
    They're better for gas and are easier on your engine.
    For city driving, automatic ftw. Constant stop and go traffic+stick shift car=ANNOYING AS HELL.

This^^^ plus Im more in control of the car, and love going through the gears, rev-matching and downshifting. Still working on Heel-N-Toe
  • ImGettingOld
    ImGettingOld Members Posts: 2,760 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    08-06-04-lexus-is-f-paddle-shifters.jpg

What are paddle shifters considered,I always here different ? about them.