Driver Survives 230mph Horror Smash In Corvette!!!

Options
water ur seeds
water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2011 in Let Me Ride
http://uk.cars.yahoo.com/29032011/36/driver-survives-230mph-horror-smash-0.html

A driver has escaped death after crashing a Chevrolet Corvette at 230mph.

The driver, who has not been named, was taken to hospital after the terrifying smash, but was released later that afternoon (Friday).

US tuning company Hinson Motorsports, was attempting to break the standing mile speed record for a road-going Corvette, which it managed with a top speed of 224.3mph.

This amazing video - shot at the Texas Mile strip - shows the Corvette rolling once before landing back on its wheels. It was, of course, written off.

The ruined Vette had been tuned for a barely believable (and Bugatti Veyron-trouncing) 1,738bhp, thanks largely to a pair of turbochargers strapped to the 6.2-litre V8 engine.

On its official Facebook page, Hinson Motorsports confirmed that the driver "walked away," adding that "this a testament to following safety guidelines and building a safe car."

The current standing mile speed record holder is a Lamborghini Gallardo tuned by Underground Racing, at just over 250mph.

Comments

• water ur seeds
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Click on Link to see the video
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited March 2011
    Options
    really living the fast life!
  • About$
    About$ Members Posts: 1,320 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    That was epic!... The fastest I've ever driven was still 100mph less than this dude, so i can't even imagine... I wonder if he even felt any impact at that speed.
  • water ur seeds
    edited March 2011
    Options
    ? crazy, thing is that car aint suppose to go that fast so you asking for trouble lol

Any of you dudes watch Top Gear??? Check out presenter Richard Hammond's crash at 300mph... He was on life support for ages
  • ya boi g
    ya boi g Members Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Wow............. Ive done 145 in my car and I was scared as ? .......... Couldnt imagine doing 200 sumthin. No ? way
  • water ur seeds
    edited March 2011
    Options
    ya boi g wrote: »
    Wow............. Ive done 145 in my car and I was scared as ? .......... Couldnt imagine doing 200 sumthin. No ? way

haha yeah i done just over 145, then had to stop before i ran outta fuel... what car you got???
  • ya boi g
    edited March 2011
    Options
    haha yeah i done just over 145, then had to stop before i ran outta fuel... what car you got???

An 04 GTO............

At 145 the few people on the highway looked like they were standing still. My heart was pumpin so hard I thought it was gonna come through my chest. Honestly I stopped because that ? was scary ass hell. Didnt get to see where the car was gonna top out at.
  • water ur seeds
    edited March 2011
    Options
    An 04 GTO............

At 145 the few people on the highway looked like they were standing still. My heart was pumpin so hard I thought it was gonna come through my chest. Honestly I stopped because that ? was scary ass hell. Didnt get to see where the car was gonna top out at.

mitsi gto or ponticac??? i done 140 in my old scooby that was very scary, i done just over in my amg and i was still pretty confident on making 150 but fuel and the threat of police made me leave it for that day lol
  • ya boi g
    edited April 2011
    Options
    mitsi gto or ponticac??? i done 140 in my old scooby that was very scary, i done just over in my amg and i was still pretty confident on making 150 but fuel and the threat of police made me leave it for that day lol

Pontiac GTO. I always wanted one since they started back makin them in 04 (Only made them from 04-06). Which AMG you have? I dont know much about Benz's cause im more into muscle cars. But I know they have a few different kinds.(I think)

But my homeboi has a big 4 door Benz and that ? is pretty damn fast.
  • water ur seeds
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Pontiac GTO. I always wanted one since they started back makin them in 04 (Only made them from 04-06). Which AMG you have? I dont know much about Benz's cause im more into muscle cars. But I know they have a few different kinds.(I think)

But my homeboi has a big 4 door Benz and that ? is pretty damn fast.

dope, them gto's are sick... i got slk 55 amg, its a v8 so it drinks fuel, but its fun to drive, its like big go kart lol you can get the back end out sideways easy as 400bhp in a lil car like that it abit much to handle lol

3578023905_9a26f0fa15.jpg

2005%20Mercedes-Benz%20SLK%2055%20AMG_2.jpg

2006%20Mercedes-Benz%20SLK55%20AMG.jpg
  • bbkg79
    bbkg79 Members Posts: 613 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Fellas take it the track for them speeds b
  • water ur seeds
    edited April 2011
    Options