Aijaism's

aijalon
aijalon Members Posts: 919
edited April 2011 in Waiting To Exhale
Forgive the arrogance but I'll keep this thread updated with little nuggets that I call daily thoughts.

Expressway
The road of life. We've heard the phrase countless time.
I've redefined the phrase. I call it the expressway.
At the speed at which we come and go through this space it can be nothing more than less than an expressway.

Vehicles don't move in reverse on the expressway. The few which ever attempt to are either doing so illegally or in pursuit of someone who has done something illegal.

As much as we may try..LIFE CANNOT BE LIVED IN REVERSE.
The past is just that. Should remain just that. We are allowed glimpses into the rear view mirror. But looking ahead is of vital importance.

There are moments, before we change lanes, when we must look behind us. Those moments are few and far in between. Yesterday was it's own unique challenge. Solitary achievement. Tommorow will be what it always has been. Today is all that we have.

Let go of the past. The burdens, the regrets, the triumphs and the failures. There will be times when one must reminisce. Those moments come and go. Today is constant. Ever occurring. I chose today.

Comments

• aijalon
    edited March 2011
    Apex Predator

""A predator that has virtually no predators of its own, residing at the top of its food chain."
    We were once thought to be Apex predators. Atop the food chain. The ultimate determinant of nature's balance. We are in fact prey. Scavengers of the lowest order, despicable creatures who survive on rotted flesh. Predator...LOL.

We gorge, have our fill and take from the weaker. All because we can. The crawling creatures mock us, we are the amusement of all swimming things. Horrid, twisted beings devoid of loyalty. The pride share a ? , even the youngest cub is fed. We would eat out young if it meant that we would have some n excess. Shameful creatures. Where is the glory in preying on the weak? Would a lion engage a house cat? Why does the lion prey on the weaker antelope? Because he must I would propose.

Yet we seek out the week. Make them our slaves. Zombies, unthinking things. Obsessed with ourselves. New shiny things. Old priceless things. Apex predators. LOL. A lion has never sharpened a branch for battle. Dolphins use sea sponges as tools, but never in an act of combat. We of our guns and snare traps. Apex predators. LOL.
  • aijalon
    edited March 2011
    On Different Levels................ LOL

Ever notice how people talk down about others to make themselves feel better? I always wonder how long that feeling lasts. Maybe as long as it takes for them to realize that they don't really feel any better. I shouldn't be getting surprised by man's inability to be petty and jealous, but sadly I am. People are content with you for as long as you remain on their level (in their pea sized brains). Then when they perceive some form of accomplishment...achievement or shift in the dynamic of your relationship then comes the onset of "how dare you be better than me itis."

Thing is ? : I'm Not The One Who Said It. We play this constant game of "sizing up" and "comparing." Why are we so obsessed with the "Lives Of Others?" (Which happens to be a pretty good movie that you should have seen like five times already).

What determines these levels that we so covet? Is it education? Socio Economic status? Financial Worth? The ever vague Success?

My advice" Live Your Life. ? the world and what they think of you. Do the best you can with the tools that you have. (Note: I took care in omitting "given") We weren't given ? . We are the way we are not because some great unseen being deemed it to be so. Try convincing me that the hand which created a garden full of Animals and two humans also gave man the knowledge of how to destroy it. Uhhhhh.

I was thinking of this recently (while we're at it) WTF happened to all the miracles that supposedly happened thousands of years ago? It would seem that we are more in need of miracles now than then. And with all the pastors and preachers that we have now. We should be having a miracle a second. Oh well guess my confused head doesn't know the true meaning of a miracle. Jackie you say: A baby being born is a miracle...

Focus..............................................................................................

Anyway..Do the BEST that YOU can. Let people judge the rest. Even a fool can criticize but it takes a relatively wise man to observe.....
  • Tupacfan
    Tupacfan Members, Moderators Posts: 2,428 Regulator
    edited March 2011
    I'm diggin this thread.. thanks for creating it, and some ppl could really use this too.. take note lol..
  • aijalon
    edited March 2011
    tupacfan wrote: »
    I'm diggin this thread.. thanks for creating it, and some ppl could really use this too.. take note lol..

Appreciated much
  • aijalon
    edited March 2011
    Sad Life

I grew up in a country where to be ? was the lowest form of humanity.

I migrated to a Country where being black was as low as you could go.

I figured something out about human beings.................;

We seem to take solace in the "knowledge" that no matter how vile or repulsive we may be; there is someone (whether real or contrived) that is lower than us.

Esteem seems to function on the perception that "I am better than the other person." Not contentment with self or the acceptance of human fallibility but the never ending obsession with proving one's self worth by denigrating another.

Even in prison, where society's rejects reside; they have a pecking order: Child molesters are at the bottom of the pile.The scourge of the cell blocks where murderers and wife beaters roam.

That is what is so sad about our existence: Never content to be just who we are. Always needing the comfort of knowing that we supposedly are better than someone else. How sad an existence.
  • aijalon
    edited March 2011
    MOUNTAIN

If life truly is a mountain, then we humans begin life at the apex of that mountain.
    Perfect, devoid of biases and opinions.
    As we progress through life we adopt all these burdens that push us down toward the base of that mountain. Bad habits, negative thoughts and feelings.

Absence of “Knowledge” is perfection. Knowledge has been corrupted. What is it that we truly know of ourselves other than what we have been told?

History which serves its own false purpose is but a fable. Tales concocted by men too great to realize that it was not their place to do so.

We are all corrupt, self righteous, fools.

We do not rise. How can a man ascend when he takes onto himself; doubt, hate and greed?

This ask yourself: Am I greater than from whence I came? Am I now closer to the ? in me?

One cannot rise when he takes upon himself the burdens of this existence. I envy the pauper, I am jealous of the wandering homeless.

Me with all my worries and cares, caught up in self importance, indulged in my own success.

We are born pure, free, devoid of ambitions. We die, fools, all the worse for having lived this wretched life.

Mountain you say? Mountain…………………………..
  • aijalon
    edited March 2011
    A Man Treading Along His Own Path Chases After Nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • aijalon
    edited March 2011
    Why I Don't Vote

I'm so sick of being insulted when I decline "My Right" to vote.
    One guy told me that intelligent people vote.
    WOW!!!!
    Well what do you know!
    Guess that makes me a fool. Not just a fool but one who neglects the exact thing that his ancestors fought for.
    My ancestors fought for the right to vote? That's news to me.
    What is intelligence? How does an intelligent man think?
    I would have thought that an intelligent man is one who makes decisions based on reasoning and knowledge.

So forgive me if I belive that the political process is fractured.
    I see it like this: If someone walked up to me and told me: "We're gonna ? your people, incite them to ? each other, rob you of your culture and heritage then deny your basic human rights, but I want to offer you the option of being a part of your own demise.
    You know what: I would be inclined to turn down that offer.

That is why I refuse to vote or even be bothered with the likes of a Barack Obama. When politicians start taking tours of cities of the likes of Camden NJ and Chester PA maybe then I'll be gin to take notice. Till then i'll just keep it moving. I'm not suicidal. So why would I help take my own life?
  • aijalon
    edited March 2011
    I DON'T CARE

It's this phrase that the kids at school have fallen in love with.
    Whenever disappointed or punished they blurt out an "I DON'T CARE"
    Some more covertly than others.

Reality is that they do.
    Children are innocent for the most part.
    They say what they feel. They don't have a choice in the matter.
    Have not of yet been corrupted by the knowledge which they will eventually acquire.
    It's easy to deescalate because they get hurt, act out then go back to being children.

Then they grow up. Become you and me.
    Entertain ulterior motives for every action and really begin to not care.
    I miss being a child.
    I miss not having a choice but to tell the truth.
  • aijalon
    edited March 2011
    Remaining in the "Comfort Zone" impedes one's ability to grow.
    Stepping outside of the confines of said zone is initially a frightening experience.
    The decision to do so or not is often influenced by one's innate ability to self examine.

There is nothing that manifests without that is not first conceived within.
  • aijalon
    edited April 2011
    Dreams which have their origins in any locale but the unconscious should eventually cease to be such.
    Pursuit of pipe dreams serves to exacerbate the already fragile condition of the human plight……………
    Goals achieved are dreams conceived within realistic contexts….
    ============================================================================================================
    In the midst of conflict and chaos one’s sensitivity to reason is heightened…………………….. The end result is oft the union of experience and unwavering resolve.
    ============================================================================================================
    On the eve of “Resolutions” .... we oft attempt to find the best vantage point to the “view internal.”
    We seek the angle which best affords us an insight into the inner workings of “self”
    Eventually we arrive at conclusions; all of which insinuate that we are both imperfect and incapable………. Undoubtedly a repetition and reinforcement of messages both subconscious and not. My conclusion…… my advice….
    A better you is not a product of resolutions, adoption of ideals and beliefs as much as it is the realization of your own capacity.
    There is nothing external which we lack internal. Resolutions merely provide us an avenue to tap into our potential.
  • aijalon
    edited April 2011
    Pity is but a fleeting emotion often disguised as empathy.
  • aijalon
    edited April 2011
    A man stood atop the highest peak admiring the feat which he had just accomplished.
    Soon, overcome with sadness, he began his descent. Atop that summit he concluded that accomplishments are mere feats of bravado without those with whom to share them.
  • aijalon
    edited April 2011
    When you feel beaten, downtrodden, exhausted; when you feel like you've had enough and can take no more. That you are at the end of your rope. Take a deep breath and savor the moment. Because my friend NOW you are indeed truly living.