Ive never seen any Harry Potter film, am I missing anything?

Options
American.Loo
American.Loo Members Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭
edited April 2011 in Lights, Camera, Action!
always seemed kinda lame to me, but i saw a trailer for one called harry potter and the deathly hollows ? looked aight

Comments

• Kame
    Kame Members Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Last movie was a good movie forreal............you should watch them in order though... first 2 and the last one are good...rest of them are trash
  • American.Loo
    American.Loo Members Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    may check em out one lazy sunday.
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    they aiight.. i mean.. it aint no Lord of the Rings..
    smh.. i slept on them joints for years thinkin it was lame.. was actually good ? .. i slept on star wars too..

Potter is cool.. the last one was too drawn out for me... they need to get it on already..
    if ur into fantasy u like it though.. has a good plot to it..
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Got made to go to the cinema to watch one of them, I think it was The Goblet Of Fire, dunno, and I had no ? clue what was going on at all. Definitely one of those films where you have to watch the series right from the beginning or else you'll just be lost. I've been told the Azkaban (sp?) one is the best
  • glowy
    glowy Members Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    If you read the books don't bother watching them.

If you haven't, meh, might as well.
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Your missing out on a set of really good (not great) films....regardless of theme.
  • kakihara
    kakihara Members Posts: 313 ✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    No, you're not missing anything. I remember I had to watch the first film in my Mass Media class in high school and I thought it was bad.
  • rice n gravy
    rice n gravy Members Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    i've only seen the first one and it was ok
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    nah, i tend to distrust anything thats insanely popular with kids and middle aged white people

• Sovo_Nah
    Sovo_Nah Members Posts: 2,216 ✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    as a grown adult man (me myself and I moment) I watched them thru netflix in order last year. pretty decent. azkaban was my fav. I wanna watch that one again. Plus the series is going 8 movies deep right? 8? 7 sequels? dont miss out.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Never watched any the whole potter thing seemed wack to me
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I've seen all the movies, it's actually pretty ? good and i was hating hard before seeing it.

I want to ? Hermiani, she reminds me of Topanga from Boy Meets World
  • A.J. Trillzynski
    A.J. Trillzynski Members Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    took my little cousins to the first one and it was wack i slept through most of it and even they told me it wasn't that great. haven't bothered to watch any of them since.
  • Nthngis4vr
    Nthngis4vr Members Posts: 2,171 ✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I saw the 1st one and couldn't get into it...I don't think you're missing anything.
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    you really gotta be inthe mood for that ? , have a vivid imagination, and like to root for the underdog type ? .....

they're your typical coming of age teen stories with a bunch of cgi and fantasy type ? thrown in there....dude is basically a boy becoming a man.....................................who has to fight wizards n ?
  • destro1
    destro1 Members Posts: 622 ✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Slept through enough of them films , last one was the best, even being from UK i find all this posh kids running around ? ....LOTR...? on this.
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Harry potter>>>lotr

lord of the rings was boring as ? . one of the few times i fell asleep in a movie theater.
  • rice n gravy
    rice n gravy Members Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Harry potter>>>lotr

lord of the rings was boring as ? . one of the few times i fell asleep in a movie theater.
    lol im watching the 1st lotr and had to turn it off 3 times cuz all they doin is talking

FIGHT SOMETHING ? !!!
  • destro1
    edited April 2011
    Options
    So hold on harry potter is greater than lord of the rings? really..... I swear i fell asleep and never watched all the harry potter films all the way through...i watched the last one and it was Excellent but how many films is that 7, and you cant watch 3 Lord films,....BS you must be 12
  • destro1
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I've seen the first one and another one.

Not my thing though.

I can respect your answer .... lol
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I only caught onto Harry Potter last year. Never understood the hype and never cared - seemed childish to me. Found myself watching one of them one night by chance. It was really interesting so I decided to stop watching and get all movies from the first so I could understand what was going on. I downloaded all of them. It's the type of movie that grows with their audience. The first one was good but a bit soft and then as they progressed they became more interesting and violent.