Ladies: I respect your insight. Tell me -- what kind of woman am i dealing with here?

Options
2»

Comments

• American.Loo
    American.Loo Members Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    It seems that while she was firm in not allowing anyone to lie to her she had trouble putting her foot down because of what you two may have already built. She reacted with reason most likely not taking anything into consideration but her reason for being upset. The "ball" is basically in your court and she probably knows this. She handed it over when she "cut you off" but later decided to get back in touch with you. Now she is actually the one not being honest, especially not with herself and I can understand why she tried to play it off although I don't agree with it. This could have been her chance to be real and forward with you.
    I am not buying that she "found it", sounds like a typical move and the only thing she sounds like she lost is her sense of direction in the situation. Seems that she was stuck between her principles (definite ones in regards to all lies) and her feelings for you.
    I think you did the right thing by not even entertaining her first text. I would have reacted the same way. You can't play with a persons emotions like that.

According to what you have said was your last contact with her, leave it as is. She is "supposedly" through with you and anything else would make it appear that you are a team player.

Everyone here has told you to dead her. Now, me being the type of person to cut a man off quick for silly games, I can feel that. It is not to much to ask for a person not to play games, whether that was the intended purpose or not. I for one don't tolerate it. I'm not entirely convinced that she actually set out to play with you, but that is what it has turned out to be. Unnecessary and juvenile. When problems like this arise so early, often times they are an indication of what could be to come. I can't say this as a definite fact as the smallest of things when handled appropriately in the beginning can actually be reason enough for someone to alter the way they view something. Not change, but deal with something better. This is often a rarity. It isn't your job to program anyone to be who you need and want them to be.
    However I will take your feelings into consideration and make this a realistic situation. Regardless of what any of us say, if she were to be honest with you about her feelings, how would you then react? Would you be through with her or give her a second chance? She might not get it but she made your bad hers as well. That is no excuse for the lie you told but it doesn't take away from how poorly she has handled the situation.

Unfortunately some of us don't make the greatest decisions for ourselves with the pressure on. It takes time to digest the situation, reflect on our reaction to it and ultimately then we better see ourselves and the matter entirely. I for one am not up for the challenge to direct and teach one how to act, but I also am not you, her and don't know how long you've been together and the fabric of what you two have built.

I will say that if you do decide this is the end and you do speak to her again, put her onto where she messed up without taking away or making excuses for what she was upset with you for. She can take it or leave it.

Thanks for taking the time to explain that. Like, it sounds very, very accurate.

She texted me about some miscallenous ? last night, asking if she left a razor at my house.

I'll gonna create some space between myself and her for a bit, until i get a true feel of what she's all about.
  • Conscious__Nkechi
    Conscious__Nkechi Members Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Thanks for taking the time to explain that. Like, it sounds very, very accurate.

She texted me about some miscallenous ? last night, asking if she left a razor at my house.

I'll gonna create some space between myself and her for a bit, until i get a true feel of what she's all about.

You're welcome.
    The razor she supposedly left at your house is most likely non existent. It was just an excuse to contact you.
    So yes, that is a good idea. "Follow your heart but don't lose your head."
  • dominique19
    dominique19 Members Posts: 295
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Some people who have been hurt before feel if you will lie over something that small then you will definitely lie over significant things. Maybe she is wary of being hurt. If it were me and we were only together for a month or two and you're already lying over small things that could be warning sign of bigger lies to come
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Smoking is Disgusting.

Shame on her for second guessing herself.
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Some people who have been hurt before feel if you will lie over something that small then you will definitely lie over significant things. Maybe she is wary of being hurt. If it were me and we were only together for a month or two and you're already lying over small things that could be warning sign of bigger lies to come

This is accurate indeed.
  • Coby Vibes
    Coby Vibes Members Posts: 2,892
    edited April 2011
    Options
    ???

I dont even see how what you wrote adds up to anything....really

the text transaction has nothing to do (based on what you wrote) with her not wanting to date you. so Because she dont want to date you means she cant text you for info? it's not like she said "I dont want to date you, dont ever call or text me again"

I think you're reading too deep into non related issues
  • CALVINCARTEL
    CALVINCARTEL Members Posts: 30
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I dealt with a chick like that... Bipolar... People like her cant make decisions on her own
  • American.Loo
    American.Loo Members Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options

yeah but i've overheard her tell her mother and best friend a small lie via phone.

so its almost like she's saying: small lies are acceptable if i'm the one doing the lying, but if you lie to ME, game over.

i dont play that ? .