Why Do we view cell phones as the pinnacle

Options
Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
Ioniz3dSPIRITZ Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2011 in The Social Lounge
of our technological advancement? I'm sick of people telling me how many lame ass apps their I-Phone has. Unless that ? can teleport your ass through different dimensions I couldn't care less. I am not impress by the speed at which your cell phone receives information. Nor do I care how many gb's of information your cell phone can carry. What do you guys think? Do people make too much of a deal about their cell phones?
So much money and time is being wasted into making senseless applications that could be going towards technology that we all could actually benefit from on a continual basis.

Comments

• Kairo
    Kairo Members Posts: 942 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    heyslick wrote: »
    As long as they ain't driving while talking/texting I couldn't careless about them damn things....IMO using cells phones/texting while driving = the same fine as DUI......young drivers should lose their license for at least one year -- (maybe restrictions IE drive to and from school/work only)

I swore I saw you make this point in the drinking laws thread.

Cell Phones are so accessible now, esp the features everyone wants (texting, web, goofy/entertaining apps) that its become something everyone can talk about. The basic tenants of cell phone technology are 50+ years old and the bells and whistles we enjoy now are just emulations of computers. I can't lie, I use my cell now more than my PC, because im rarely at home. The average person is going to be captivated by whatever they perceive as "cutting edge" until something they don't grasp as well makes it to the forefront. Hell, just look at how many different formats we've watched movies on there have been in the last 20-25 years. I used to think video game cartridges were the ? !
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    heyslick wrote: »
    As long as they ain't driving while talking/texting I couldn't careless about them damn things....IMO using cells phones/texting while driving = the same fine as DUI......young drivers should lose their license for at least one year -- (maybe restrictions IE drive to and from school/work only)

Co-ssizzle