The lost gospels -Why where they left out????

13»

Comments

• Rock_Well
    Rock_Well Members Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Im done talkin about it with it you its obvious you literally think ? took a tablet and pen and wrote the bible and that somehow the disciples lived to be clear into their 300's since that would be the only logical way that they themselves could have written the gospels. Good thing to know Constetine must never had existed neither.

No, it's obvious you don't have much knowledge about the nature of ? ; which very well may be why u can't seem to think of any other way the writing of the Apostles could ever be preserved without them being 300 years old. It's not a surprise though as seeing you start off with false information, throw in a bunch of unfounded assertions, and when you add them all up that u come away with a false conclusion.
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited March 2010
    No, it's obvious you don't have much knowledge about the nature of ? ; which very well may be why u can't seem to think of any other way the writing of the Apostles could ever be preserved without them being 300 years old. It's not a surprise though as seeing you start off with false information, throw in a bunch of unfounded assertions, and when you add them all up that u come away with a false conclusion.

Dude there is ? proof and evidence they were written at least 200 years after Jesus died, unfounded? ? go read a ? book other than the bible on these subjects and study somethin til then Im ? done with your ? .
  • Rock_Well
    edited March 2010
    Quite the response of someone in opposition of the Bible that just absolutely knows it's an unreliable, man made document.
  • Rock_Well
    edited March 2010
    TX_Made713 wrote: »
    if you must know i changed the link because it was a biased christian site.

sovereignty
    sov·er·eign·ty   /ˈsɒvrɪnti, ˈsʌv-/ Show Spelled[sov-rin-tee, suhv-] Show IPA
    –noun,plural-ties.
    1.the quality or state of being sovereign.
    2.the status, dominion, power, or authority of a sovereign; royalty.
    3.supreme and independent power or authority in government as possessed or claimed by a state or community.
    4.rightful status, independence, or prerogative.
    5.a sovereign state, community, or political unit.

naw...i dont know what it means....

get a clue goingru, would u be surprised to find out jesus was married with children, or do you ignore that due to it bein left out in your so called bible

is that a very christian like action your showin in your avatar?

wait what difference do it make that it comes from a Christian site?
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited March 2010
    Quite the response of someone in opposition of the Bible that just absolutely knows it's an unreliable, man made document.

Well your the man running around sure ? is real and that the gospels were written by the disciples, you have this solid proof the magic man upstairs exist, why have you yet to show me in the other 100threads you flapped your ? gums in your proof. Science has proven everything I have said, there is profe constetine chose which Gospels were chosen. There is proof gospels were written by followers after jesus died, there is proof the other gospels have just as much authenticity as the ones in the bible yet you still ask for proof as if your incapable of looking for this evidence which isnt hard to find. So please what have archeologists or scientist founded on your side of the story? Im still waiting for you proof where the ? has it been, you keep focusing on me Im beggining to think you have no proof so keep trying to side step my questions.
  • TX_Made713
    TX_Made713 Members Posts: 3,954 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    wait what difference do it make that it comes from a Christian site?

would you trust a republican site to be unbiased about an election?
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited March 2010
    TX_Made713 wrote: »
    would you trust a republican site to be unbiased about an election?

this will be the response "But Politics can be biased, religion is based on total truth there is no way something absolutely as true as the bible will ever hold I biased view"
  • trying to grasp
    trying to grasp Members Posts: 1
    edited April 2011
    Actually the fact is that most of the lost gospels were carbon dated to about 200 AD with the exception of Thomas which is carbon dated to about 50 - 70 AD. The Gospel of Mark of the accepted Gospels is the oldest and dated approximately the same age as Thomas and the other three are 170-200 AD. This is an outstanding fact for the Gospels of Mark and Thomas for the simple fact that few of the common people of the time could read or write and these were the people who were the target audience for Jesus' Ministry. Most of the writings were written as recording became more common for the masses. I believe that the reason the Lost Gospels have not been accepted in recent times are the same reasons they were rejected by Constantine in 300 +/-AD. They (Lost Gospels) basically reject the idea of established Churches as well as the notion of females being less than in the world of worship. These were the beliefs of the Gnostic Sects which were outlawed and eventually destroyed by the Crusades.
  • alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    As much as there is an answer to this, I wonder why such a question is asked? I could be wrong, but the impression I get is that the Bible, in it's current form, is not telling the whole story or it's the "dirt" that people don't want you to know...and that maybe if they were made public or given the same attention as the Bible that it will destroy the credibility associated with it. The Bible is filled with "troubling" stuff already for people on it's own so what would the "lost" gospels do?
  • TX_Made713
    TX_Made713 Members Posts: 3,954 ✭✭
    edited April 2011
    ? at this still being up
  • Go figure...
    Go figure... Members Posts: 1,471 ✭✭
    edited April 2011
    because the christians who decided what goes in and what goes out agreed upon what was and wasnt authentic and credible and who would know better than them??

you? 2000 yrs later?
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Some of the books go against the agenda. And they needed to be kept out and out of sight long enough for the official version to take root.

Bingooooooooooooo.............if one reads the Lost Gospels, ? had a wife, and there are MULTIPLE gods. Of course, some people here will take the word of Constantine, King James, and other white men so seriously they won't believe it.
  • kingblaze84
    edited May 2011
    because the christians who decided what goes in and what goes out agreed upon what was and wasnt authentic and credible and who would know better than them??

you? 2000 yrs later?

Do you have dreams of King James, Constantine, and other great slave traders and conquerors of the day?? You sure love them.
  • kingblaze84
    edited May 2011
    I think it's about their irrelevancy, really, since ? obviously impregnated Mary with Jesus (wifely/womanly duty, of Mary?). I don't think it matters, which you profess above, in terms of the overall picture. I think that is why the lost gospels were left out, as a matter of relevancy.

Once Jesus Christ died on the Cross for our sins, it's about Humans accepting two (2) things. ? put us on the planet 1)simply for his own Pleasure. Period. There's is no middle ground nor ulterior motive, and so it 2)is our job, to bring as many children into his fold, as possible. In hopes to all enjoy Eternal Life in the Heavens when these mere 80-85 year old bodies perish from this Earth.

Peace

Even if you're right, why leave out the part that says that ? had a wife and that there are MULTIPLE gods????

If the Bible can be that edited, why I should I take it seriously?? It just proves once again human religion is flawed and is made up by human beings with an agenda. No different than ? 's book, Mein Kampf. He did call Germans the chosen race, and said everyone else is worthy of death and having their land stolen to make way for a greater Germany (crackas and their greed, smh).

The Bible is a funny book, the more research you do on it, the more one sees it's just a propaganda machine for those who support slavery, stealing land from others, and letting ? slide in exchange for 50 bucks and a marriage certificate. Is this the book you really wanna place your faith in?
  • toktaylor
    toktaylor Members Posts: 612 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    That's because those are unfortunately things that you wanted to see, my friend, and looked forward to using to discredit the bible.

Versus you being as fair as you are in your Everyday, secular Life, upon realizing it makes no sense to blame Satan's Demons...on the bible...especially, I mean, especially when the bible clearly told us (thousands of years ago) that these evil elements would be working to try to deceive you about ? Almighty.

I can point out the verses, if you like, and so please realize how that whole scripture-relevancy/The Lost Gospels issue comes into place here as well.

If ? wrote the ten commandments (according to the bible)..he would have written the bible..surely he would have foreseen these controversies that now exists because 'inspired' men wrote it...again I said that Christians have done the 'Creator' a disservice by limiting his ability..and by these wild tales.
  • BelovedAfeni
    BelovedAfeni Members Posts: 8,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    touchy topic but needs to be spoken on.
    i doubt it would cause any change in peoples behavior or practices if it came to light now anyway.
    i mean if Jesus walked up to us on the street and said "I am the son".
    most people would look at him like GTFOH.
    anyway the bible has been tampered with through translations, editing and versions.
    it could say that MLK Oor JFK was the messiah, nobody cares.\
    sooo where do we go from here...