Teflon Don vs It Was Written

Options
12345679»

Comments

• hnic1978
    hnic1978 Members Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    That's what I'm getting at. I mean I understand the standards that eastcoast hip-hop fans go by, I use them myself when LISTENING TO EASTCOAST HIPHOP. But its kinda sad to me that OUR MUSIC FROM THE SOUTH doesn't get the same treatment. I would never grade a Nas album on the same scale as lets say KRIT WUZ HERE. To me when these ? on here think they can tell me what is classic just because its an eastcoast consensus I just laugh. Its just crazy that in this day and age we STILL have not accepted our cultural differences when it comes to hip-hop musical taste. Like its impossible for somebody to like Ross over Biggie......its like they wanna ? on my culture but want me to praise theirs.

Not true homie. It doesnt matter where u from if u make good music u make good music. In this case, Its like comparing Derrick Rose to Kobe Bryant. Yes Derrick Rose is the ? and the MVP in my book. But one on one Kobe will DESTROY him.
  • youngnick
    youngnick Members Posts: 600 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Illmatic = 10/10
    It Was Written = 9/10
    I Am = 5/10
    Nastradamus = 1/10
    Stillmatic = 7/10
    ? 's Son = 5/10
    Streets Disciple = 1/10
    Hip Hop Is Dead = 2/10
    Untitled = 5/10
    Distant Relatives = 6/10

lol at the bolded. First of all, there is not ONE album in general that can be a 1/10. And just because you read on the IC that certain albums aren't great for that artist, does not mean they are horrible in general, do some of your own research and listen for yourself.
  • Mumo X
    Mumo X Banned Users Posts: 4,521 ✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »

You shouldnt feel obligated to like 14 yr old material from a NY rapper outiside your region that you didnt grow up listening to, if you are 25 now it means you were 11 yrs old when Biggie came out...what incentive would you have to fall in love with biggies music when you have 8ball, Fat Pat, and Project Pat to fill the "fat rapper" void?

Im sure 90% of the South under the age of 30 would prefer listening to Teflon Don over Illmatic and if anybody says otherwise I doubt they are being honest.

wassup hrap!

but why is thz only applicable in hiphop? I wuz born in 83, thats after bob marley's death but i took it upon my self as a reggae fan to listen to marleys music. I grew up on dennis brown music but i stil relate to bob more.
  • a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    This is disrespectful..lol...oh ? is shadyteam?!!!! shouldnt expect anything less......IWW ?
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Mumo X wrote: »
    wassup hrap!

but why is thz only applicable in hiphop? I wuz born in 83, thats after bob marley's death but i took it upon my self as a reggae fan to listen to marleys music. I grew up on dennis brown music but i stil relate to bob more.

Im only saying he dosent have to if he dosent want to..its not mandatory.