Action Bronson - Dr. Lecter

Options
HipHop90
HipHop90 Members Posts: 31
edited April 2011 in The Essence
85984100f59dba9ec158d85cc386fcfc95eadac.jpg

Anyone copped this yet? The Bon Appetite mixtape was a banger so hoping he ups the levels on this.
This video been around a while now but the songs on the album:

Comments

• HipHop90
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Heres the track list:
    1. Moonstruck
    2. Barry Horowitz
    3. The Madness
    4. Larry Csonka
    5. Ronnie Coleman
    6. Bag of Money
    7. Brunch
    8. Shiraz
    9. Buddy Guy
    10. ? Chicken
    11. Chuck Person
    12. Forbidden Fruit
    13. Suede
    14. Get off my P.P.
    15. Beautiful Music
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Never heard of this dude. ill look him up a little later thanks.
  • RuffDraft
    RuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    Options
    HipHop90 wrote: »
    85984100f59dba9ec158d85cc386fcfc95eadac.jpg

Anyone copped this yet? The Bon Appetite mixtape was a banger so hoping he ups the levels on this.
    This video been around a while now but the songs on the album:

That's gotta be the most random start to any video...

Sounds Wu influenced with his flow and delivery, mainly Ghostface Killah. I like the production, the track sound decent too, definitely an artist to watch out for, but he doesn't say much in his content... IMO, off that track.
  • HipHop90
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Yer definately get the ghostface comparison, and I'd agree his lyrical diversity is pretty limited and it does get a bit boring after a while he can only go on about what he's gonna have for dinner for so long.
  • RuffDraft
    edited March 2011
    Options
    HipHop90 wrote: »
    Yer definately get the ghostface comparison, and I'd agree his lyrical diversity is pretty limited and it does get a bit boring after a while he can only go on about what he's gonna have for dinner for so long.

Before he gets heart disease, I think that's his problem lol.

You know, he's decent though, keep the threads going on any artists you become a fan of, always good to share :tu

Going to post my two tracks for the Essence Playlist of the Month later, make sure you do so too :tu
  • skeep
    skeep Members Posts: 298
    edited April 2011
    Options
    He'd dope. He's like a better version of Ghostface. Even though he is biting his whole steez.
  • RuffDraft
    edited April 2011
    Options
    skeep wrote: »
    He'd dope. He's like a better version of Ghostface. Even though he is biting his whole steez.

Seriously? You not rate Ghostface that highly?
  • skeep
    skeep Members Posts: 298
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Nah- I love Ghost. Well actually I loved Supreme Clientele and there have been other great songs but none of the recent albums have been consistently amazing to me. I love his style though and when he is great he is great but other times I feel like he is costing. I feel like Bronson took all that is great about Ghost and ran with it. Although after many listens it kind of wears on me as well. To me Supreme Clientele is a near perfect album- I just hate that pointless 50 cent rant at the end. I'd love to see Ghost evolve in teh way that artists like Atmosphere, Brother Ali or Public Enemy evolved. I actually feel like he's devolved at times.
  • RuffDraft
    edited April 2011
    Options
    skeep wrote: »
    Nah- I love Ghost. Well actually I loved Supreme Clientele and there have been other great songs but none of the recent albums have been consistently amazing to me. I love his style though and when he is great he is great but other times I feel like he is costing. I feel like Bronson took all that is great about Ghost and ran with it. Although after many listens it kind of wears on me as well. To me Supreme Clientele is a near perfect album- I just hate that pointless 50 cent rant at the end. I'd love to see Ghost evolve in teh way that artists like Atmosphere, Brother Ali or Public Enemy evolved. I actually feel like he's devolved at times.

Devolved... haha that's a cold line.

I tend to agree though, I really enjoyed The Pretty Toney Album as well though, I think 'Biscuits' is a great hip hop track... and Ghost's original with his delivery and rawness... but I have to say no album since Toney has really gripped me like that.... but then I haven't given them the time so much. I think the Wu as a group are incredible though, so much talent coming out at the same time, unreal.
  • devastation1000
    devastation1000 Members Posts: 45 ✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    new song: "Consensual ? ", not on Dr. Lecter: http://www.fileserve.com/file/X9tqyVF