from www.globalresearch.ca

Israel Attacks Gaza: Operation Scorching Summer

Global Research, April 8, 2011
TWITTER UPDATES

Email this article to a friend
Print this article

digg

TWITTER UPDATES BEGINNING 3.30am EST

Israeli apache helicopters open fire at Palestinian houses in the heavily populated neighbourhood of Shuja’eya east of Gaza. There are also reports of Israeli military boats firing at houses. Palestinian sources say that an ambulance was hit in one of the strikes. Five people have been killed, one a man of 50 by an Israel tank shell and the latest victim is Saleh Tarabin (38). Some 30-40 people have been wounded.

Israeli warplanes are opening fire on Khan Younis city, south of Gaza, but so far no casualties have been reported.

Heavy shelling in Rafah and tunnels being targeted. Bo,bs falling on the border between Gaza and Egypt. F-16s over Gaza City now.

Israeli airstrikes have targeted two high voltage electricity converters in Khan Younis and Gaza City causing power outages. All hospitals in Gaza have now declared a state of emergency. UN staff have been evacuated from Gaza.

(Occupied Palestine updates)

Comments

• LONDON!
    LONDON! Members Posts: 679 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    i'm all about peace in the middle east, its the only thing that makes sense, but isarel has one of the biggest millitary's in the world, it has nukes and is funded billions of dollars in aid yearly by the US goverment to bomb one ghetto, you have too understand the full picture of things and in context, the media makes it seems like and i'm not condoning or promoting anything, i'm just saying, the media make it seem like hamas are firing scud or cruise missiles or sumthin, there homemade projectiles that ain't killed nuthin, its just a symbolic act, you get what i'm saying, the israel goverment is just trying to terrorised the palestinian population for voting for hamas, simple as
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    If you read Joshua and Judges, ? told the Jews how to deal with enemies. They should follow the lead of their anicent ancestors.
  • Exell_doe
    Exell_doe Members Posts: 253
    edited April 2011
    Options
    LONDON! wrote: »
    i'm all about peace in the middle east, its the only thing that makes sense, but isarel has one of the biggest millitary's in the world, it has nukes and is funded billions of dollars in aid yearly by the US goverment to bomb one ghetto, you have too understand the full picture of things and in context, the media makes it seems like and i'm not condoning or promoting anything, i'm just saying, the media make it seem like hamas are firing scud or cruise missiles or sumthin, there homemade projectiles that ain't killed nuthin, its just a symbolic act, you get what i'm saying, the israel goverment is just trying to terrorised the palestinian population for voting for hamas, simple as
    It's well known that the Palestinians have no interest in peace only the destruction of the Jews. With the increasing support from Iran it only a matter of time before those "symbolic" homemade rockets are replaced by the real deal.
  • Jonas.dini
    Jonas.dini Confirm Email Posts: 2,507 ✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Odd I've been reading about this for like a week in the New York Times, they must not have gotten the memo that this is secret.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    If you read Joshua and Judges, ? told the Jews how to deal with enemies. They should follow the lead of their anicent ancestors.

Too bad the Israelites failed to obey the command of ? and ? all the inhabitants of Canaan. If they would have OBEYED they wouldn't be struggling with this problem right now. But hey hindsight is always 20/20. Sin is just working itself out.
  • And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Too bad the Israelites failed to obey the command of ? and ? all the inhabitants of Canaan. If they would have OBEYED they wouldn't be struggling with this problem right now. But hey hindsight is always 20/20. Sin is just working itself out.

Never happened. They are not Israelites. They are European Converts.
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    And Step wrote: »
    Never happened. They are not Israelites. They are European Converts.

I'm gonna use the "white ? dude", analogy. Why would a group of people convert to a religion, only to be persecuted and occassionaly killed? I love how ? say a group of people aren't a particular religion simply off of the strength of their distain for "x", group of people. Even though said religion has been in these people's history for generations. So are Semetic cats " "Semetic converts"? How about "Ethopians", are they African converts to judaism? Or does this converison thing only apply to Ashenazis
  • shootemwon
    shootemwon Members Posts: 4,635 ✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I'm gonna use the "white ? dude", analogy. Why would a group of people convert to a religion, only to be persecuted and occassionaly killed? I love how ? say a group of people aren't a particular religion simply off of the strength of their distain for "x", group of people. Even though said religion has been in these people's history for generations. So are Semetic cats " "Semetic converts"? How about "Ethopians", are they African converts to judaism? Or does this converison thing only apply to Ashenazis

He didn't say they weren't Jewish. He's just saying they aren't descendants of the ancient Israelites.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Israel runs the Middle East. America will protect it as long as it has the resources. I sympathize with the Palestinians, it is their land that's been stolen from them, and continues to be stolen by the Israelis.

Sadly though, there is nothing anyone can do about it. America is in decline, but it is still head and shoulder above the world in military might. The Palestinians are ? . Good luck to them though, hope they build some more hospitals to take care of their injured and dying.

Oh yeah I forgot, Israel's blockade prevents most building and medical materials from reaching Palestinians. The people of Palestine are on their own.
  • Hyde Parke
    Hyde Parke Members Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Israel runs the Middle East. America will protect it as long as it has the resources. I sympathize with the Palestinians, it is their land that's been stolen from them, and continues to be stolen by the Israelis.

Sadly though, there is nothing anyone can do about it. America is in decline, but it is still head and shoulder above the world in military might. The Palestinians are ? . Good luck to them though, hope they build some more hospitals to take care of their injured and dying.

Oh yeah I forgot, Israel's blockade prevents most building and medical materials from reaching Palestinians. The people of Palestine are on their own.

i agree with this post. Israel is not only blocking aid to the Palestinians, they also fired on flotillas with innocent civilians onboard trying to assist. This has carried on for so long, it seems hopeless at this point. It seems rest will come when the last Palestinian in Gaza is no more.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Hyde Parke wrote: »
    i agree with this post. Israel is not only blocking aid to the Palestinians, they also fired on flotillas with innocent civilians onboard trying to assist. This has carried on for so long, it seems hopeless at this point. It seems rest will come when the last Palestinian in Gaza is no more.

Yeah it's very sad. American politicians will give cover to any and everything Israelis do to Palestinians. Nevermind the fact that Israelis kicked out close to a million native Palestinians from their homes and businesses in 1947 and 1948. Nevermind the fact that the United Nations has condemned Israel's destroying of homes and apartments of thousands upon thousands of Palestinians.

Palestinians have no hope. Their gonna be around, but they will always be second class citizens in their own land. ALWAYS. And there is nothing anyone can do about it. Toughen up Palestinians. You have more land to give up to Israel.