Submitted by averyzoe 1h ago | news Favorites Info Report Add alt source Sony sued f

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] rubbed off from frictionPosts: 0 ✭✭✭
edited April 2011 in IllGaming
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    DAMNNN.......i feel ashamed this dude lives in the same state as me.smh....im bout to check my accounts
  • Terrorist_Jones
    Terrorist_Jones Banned Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    ? ,, we all finna have to pay for this ? ,, the price of the ps3 will drop to 199,, and 360's are already 199. in other words , get ready for a monthly or yearly fee to play on the psn.
  • DaFifthElement
    DaFifthElement Members Posts: 4,764 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    PSN still down?

1289950533004.jpg?1290912401
  • Jay Pee
    Jay Pee Members Posts: 761
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Playstation you are pathetic.....i really am thinking about selling it tommorow and coping a X-Box
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    http://www.joystiq.com/2011/04/27/sony-new-ps3-firmware-to-accompany-psn-relaunch-network-being/

"Sony has posted an updated PSN outage FAQ on the PlayStation Blog, and while some information it contains seems to reiterate things we already know -- "some services" will return within a week, you should monitor your credit card(s) -- new details have been brought to light.

First off, Sony is "working on a new system software update that will require all users to change their password once PlayStation Network is restored." It's also been confirmed that PSN is being physically rebuilt as a result of last week's intrusion. SCEA PR director Patrick Seybold states in the FAQ that the company is "moving our network infrastructure and data center to a new, more secure location, which is already underway."

Also revealed: While "the entire credit card table was encrypted" and there remains "no evidence that credit card data was taken," PSN's personal data table "was not encrypted, but was, of course, behind a very sophisticated security system." Not sophisticated enough, apparently."
  • Dakari
    Dakari Members Posts: 9,387 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    if sony brings out an online fee...

migration1.jpg

the great migration
  • Bcotton5
    edited April 2011
    Options
    why would they bring a fee for online?
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    why would they bring a fee for online?

seriously, u think sony is gonna ask for money NOW?

if anything, they might

- lower the price of ps plus
    -announce a ps3 price drop
    -introduce a new, more secure way of paying for psn content

and like i said, i cannot wait for e3.
  • Bcotton5
    edited April 2011
    Options
    seriously, u think sony is gonna ask for money NOW?

if anything, they might

- lower the price of ps plus
    -announce a ps3 price drop
    -introduce a new, more secure way of paying for psn content

and like i said, i cannot wait for e3.

lol I dont know how he took that from the article I posted, ppl really lack reading comprehension
  • Bcotton5
    edited April 2011
    Options
    theres needs to be one PSN is down thread lol

http://www.giantbomb.com/news/sony-publishes-qa-to-address-more-psn-concerns-still-unanswered-questions/3095/

Q: Are you working with law enforcement on this matter?
    A: Yes, we are currently working with law enforcement on this matter as well as a recognized technology security firm to conduct a complete investigation. This malicious attack against our system and against our customers is a criminal act and we are proceeding aggressively to find those responsible.

Q: Was my personal data encrypted?
    A: All of the data was protected, and access was restricted both physically and through the perimeter and security of the network. The entire credit card table was encrypted and we have no evidence that credit card data was taken. The personal data table, which is a separate data set, was not encrypted, but was, of course, behind a very sophisticated security system that was breached in a malicious attack.

Q: Was my credit card data taken?
    A: While all credit card information stored in our systems is encrypted and there is no evidence at this time that credit card data was taken, we cannot rule out the possibility. If you have provided your credit card data through PlayStation Network or Qriocity, out of an abundance of caution we are advising you that your credit card number (excluding security code) and expiration date may have been obtained. Keep in mind, however that your credit card security code (sometimes called a CVC or CSC number) has not been obtained because we never requested it from anyone who has joined the PlayStation Network or Qriocity, and is therefore not stored anywhere in our system.

Q: What if I don’t know which credit card I’ve got attached to my PlayStation Network account?
    A: If you’ve added funds to your PlayStation Network wallet in the past, you should have received a confirmation email from “DoNotReply@ac.playstation.net” at the email address associated with your account. This email would have been sent to you immediately after you added the funds, and will contain the first 4 digits and last 4 digits of your credit card number. You can also check your previous credit card statements to determine which card was attached to your PlayStation Network or Qriocity accounts.

Q: When or how can I change my PlayStation Network password?
    A: We are working on a new system software update that will require all users to change their password once PlayStation Network is restored. We will provide more details about the new update shortly.

Q: What steps is Sony taking to protect my personal data in the future?
    A: We’ve taken several immediate steps to add protections for your personal data. First, we temporarily turned off PlayStation Network and Qriocity services and, second, we are enhancing security and strengthening our network infrastructure. Moving forward, we are initiating several measures that will significantly enhance all aspects of PlayStation Network’s security and your personal data, including moving our network infrastructure and data center to a new, more secure location, which is already underway. We will provide additional information on these measures shortly.

Q: Has Sony identified the party or parties responsible for the PlayStation Network hack and subsequent theft of personal information?
    A: We are currently conducting a thorough investigation of the situation and are working closely with a recognized technology security firm and law enforcement in order to find those responsible for this criminal act no matter where in the world they might be located.

Q: When will the PlayStation Network and Qriocity be back online?
    A: Our employees have been working day and night to restore operations as quickly as possible, and we expect to have some services up and running within a week from yesterday. However, we want to be very clear that we will only restore operations when we are confident that the network is secure.