Exclusive truth about psn being down

Options
DaFifthElement
DaFifthElement Members Posts: 4,764 ✭✭✭
edited April 2011 in IllGaming
http://www.gamersbook.com/community/members/alizehennessy/blog/2415/#the_post
He said that Sony didn't want to say from the beginning that it could be 2 weeks or more, because once we had that info, and specially during a school holiday week break, That gamers would say they couldn't wait 2 weeks and that they would go buy an Xbox 360.
I asked him if Anonymous was responsible for the outage.
He said NO.

Then, he told me something interesting and EXCLUSIVE:
He said that Sony had been planning for a few months now, To re-design their infrastructure and that their only worry was how to bring down the PSN without a warning and still be able to keep their customers. The solution: "To suggest they are as puzzled as WE ARE, and let us blame hackers."
But the truth was that the only hacking involved was that a group found out that you could enter a Fake Credit Card info and that Sony wasn't verifying the cards and so a few users were able to get a bunch of stuff from the Playstation Store for free.
I asked him why they didn't just bring down the store.
He said , Because they were already planning on re-design the whole PSN.

He said that nobody's credit card or personal info was compromised, and once again mentioned that the only hacking done was stolen movies and games from PS Store by a small group of users and that someone had posted a video online with instructions on -How to do it-.
So Sony pulled the plug and decided to let us think that Anonymous had done it.
He told me that The hack that stole stuff from PS Store was a custom Firmware nicknamed: "REBUG"

Comments