I got nothing against Paul Wall but

Options
Dretox2010
Dretox2010 Members Posts: 1,295
edited January 2010 in The Reason
People apply the term 'wigga' to a white person that grew up in a Suburb but act's like he is from the hood

Now Paull Wall grew up in a Middle Class Suburb of Texas and could afford to go to Jersey Village College he also lived in a Suburb that was majority wise full of white people

So when we take all this into consideration can we say Paul Wall is atleast a wannabee based on the fact's of him growing up in a majority white populated Middle Class Suburb of Texas and coming from a financially stable home to be able to afford college yet the way he act's is like he is Urban and from the hood

Comments

• Yung_Souf_Money
    Yung_Souf_Money Members Posts: 4,019 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Paul Wall never had to work a day in his life he just chose to rap.He own tattoo joints and whole lotta other ? .I wonder really why Paul and Cham really Stop ? with each other?Was it because Paul got a Black wife?was it something deeper than rap?
  • Dretox2010
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Paul Wall never had to work a day in his life he just chose to rap.He own tattoo joints and whole lotta other ? .I wonder really why Paul and Cham really Stop ? with each other?Was it because Paul got a Black wife?was it something deeper than rap?

That's my point Paul Wall never had to use Rap to get out the Inner City like most poor people he was a Middle Classed white dude from the Suburb's who went to college but then wanted to use a genre of Music for the Inner City people to make more money outta greed

See Eminem is white but he really is from the Inner City he grew up in the majority black crime ridden streets of Detroit in harsh poverty with out no father and a mother who was on welfare and a drug addict, living in the most dangerous City in public housing and his best friend from child hood Proof was black and most his other friends were black
    he had to work in a pizza resaurant washing dishes to feed his daughter Hailie and he needed Hip-Hop to escape harsh poverty and take his family outta the dangerous hood's he was living in

So cos of this that's why black people co signed Eminem at the start of his career he was just a person in the same boat as most black people from the hood just a different skin color but had a way tougher life and struggles then most people even his uncle commited suicide so the point is blacks co signed him cos they can understand his enviroment and struggles

Paul Wall hasn't been co signed which is one of the reasons he hasn't really been succesful with record sales even though he is white no one cares for him white people know his backround as do blacks so no one co signed him
  • biggar
    biggar Members Posts: 1,190 ✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I heard he came from a serious block in Houston. Not that I care too much.

Every song he has he talks about wood grain wheels. Its hilarious
  • SoulRattler of Venom
    SoulRattler of Venom Members Posts: 458
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Undercover Eminem thread alert
  • gak7
    gak7 Members Posts: 406
    edited January 2010
    Options

has to do with paul changing during the swisha house days when mike and paul, like around the time before they blew up..money..etc..
    cham wins.
  • Dretox2010
    edited January 2010
    Options
    biggar wrote: »

He grew up in Jersey Village which is a Middle Class Suburb with a majority white population
  • Yung_Souf_Money
    edited January 2010
    Options
    theres alot of rappers who were middle class,it's just that you dont have to lie to kick it.
  • longbeach_turnt_up
    longbeach_turnt_up Members Posts: 101
    edited January 2010
    Options
    he married a hood lookin black woman he ? enough for me
  • gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    edited January 2010
    Options
    paul wall is a white rapper i can respect cuz he knowz his place he aint neva got on record & diss black people rappin & he aint neva roc a du rag...but redneckz like feminem shouldnt b allow'd 2 rap cuz he did both of those thangz..& i dont care how many black muuunkey azz oreoz feminem got around him he is still a redneck cuz only redneckz grow up n ? citiez like da D & diss black people cuz marshall has no xcuse fa makin them racist tapez...
  • just.might.b.ok
    just.might.b.ok Members Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    oh, ? whiteboy
  • gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    edited January 2010
    Options
    oh, ? whiteboy

hey fagggot imma dude get off my ? ? i like gurlz & im not a ? like u ? so ? & fuuuuk off....
  • just.might.b.ok
    just.might.b.ok Members Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    yeah, cuz im soooooo white *rolleyes*
  • ambiguous1
    ambiguous1 Members Posts: 1,166 ✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    ok so what are we doing here besides trying to justify that we shouldnt call Em a ? but we should call Paul Wall one?

And i didnt know if you were white and from the suburbs, that meant you never did or seen dirt in your life. Was he confined to his suburbs? Was he not aloowed to leave the city limits and see what was popping in south and or north houston??

THis is actually comical.... All Nas really does is speak on stuff he's seen... not like he busts his guns... how is this different?
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited January 2010
    Options

• The Embassador
    The Embassador Members Posts: 4
    edited January 2010
    Options
    dretox ? you will not be tolerated in this new year you girl.
  • ImGettingOld
    ImGettingOld Members Posts: 2,760 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Paul wall seems cool who cares where he's from
  • thisisonesix
    thisisonesix Members Posts: 78
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I dont listen to his music, but dont you think that if hes middle class and then gone to soak up the whole southern culture of hip hop show his love for the music?
  • Serious Juice Mayne
    Serious Juice Mayne Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 5,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    dretox, let me air it out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Carlos Bruise-Her
    Carlos Bruise-Her Banned Users Posts: 925
    edited January 2010
    Options
    lmao......
  • Yung_Souf_Money
    edited January 2010
    Options
    lol@he married a hood chick
  • SOWETO
    SOWETO Members Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    i ? w/ paul wall's repetitive ass. that "internet goin' nuts" bangs.
  • longmeat
    longmeat Members Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    biggar wrote: »

lolololol

ding ding ding
  • HailBlackMary
    HailBlackMary Members Posts: 93
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Paul Wall said he doesn't believe in saying the n word. He went to Africa and is in an organization against the exploitation of Africans in the diamond industry this is all from a Youtube video I saw once. Paul Wall may be more black than someone like jay z/50 cent are, all things considered. I respect the dude. Paul Wall is good in hip hop, he gives respect unlike another white rapper with undercover racist tendencies.
  • SecondChanceBro
    SecondChanceBro Members Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    More importantly does anybody care? Paul Wall is a cool dude.
  • vslyke
    vslyke Members Posts: 661 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't listen to Paul Wall because I don't like his music, not because he's white and from the burbs. FOH with that.