mark herzlich goes from possible high 1st rd pick to cancer to undrafted.....

htowntx
htowntx Members Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭
edited May 2011 in From the Cheap Seats
......that's some ? up ? there slime

Comments

• Coo Coo Cal's Beanie
    Coo Coo Cal's Beanie Members Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    i never heard of this person
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    htowntx wrote: »

Yeah, tuff break, craka.

markherzlichpicture.jpg

I wouldn't be surprised if him and Da'Quan Bowers both turn out to be great players in the league for several years. They both gon' play with a can of Pringles on their shoulder pads But that's the draft for you.

I would've at least dropped a 7th rounder on'em.
  • Craig Robinson
    Craig Robinson Members Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    He'll get a free agent deal and probably a Disney movie
  • greenwood1921
    edited April 2011

truth.jpg

• peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011

word..........
  • gucci7383
    gucci7383 Members Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    htowntx wrote: »

and they say ? loves everyone..foh
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    robert quinn went from possible first round pick. to cancer. to being suspended for his senior season. to still being a first round pick. thats a story
  • htowntx
    htowntx Members Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    matt- wrote: »
    robert quinn went from possible first round pick. to cancer. to being suspended for his senior season. to still being a first round pick. thats a story

? likes darkies more than whites
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Sucks worse because the lockout UDFA's can't sign anywhere.. dripping with wack juice.
  • greenwood1921
    edited May 2011
    S.jR. wrote: »
    Sucks worse because the lockout UDFA's can't sign anywhere.. dripping with wack juice.

Yeah, that's the worst part of not being drafted. But I'm laughing at the teams that drafted QBs and expecting them to contribute immediately. They'll need every minute they can get with the coaching staff, but can't even look their coaches in the eye till this is over.
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Man teams with new coaches better had overnighted playbooks to their players before they closed up shop again... Word to Jim Harbaugh!
  • eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    i was hoping the giants would get him we needed a linebacker
  • killap
    killap Members Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    S.jR. wrote: »
    Man teams with new coaches better had overnighted playbooks to their players before they closed up shop again... Word to Jim Harbaugh!

Glad my boy Jim got those playbooks out...I hope they share those playbooks with the bummy rookies we drafted
  • greenwood1921
    edited May 2011
    killap wrote: »
    Glad my boy Jim got those playbooks out...I hope they share those playbooks with the bummy rookies we drafted

I kinda like how the Niners drafted. Jim is a smart dude and he's building his type of players. And don't forget, the Niners didn't build their 80s/90s dynasty with "Big Name" draft picks...

cc_montana.jpg
    Joe Montana, 82nd Pick. Slightly above average college career.

p1.rice.si.jpg
    Jerry Rice, considered a "reach pick" because of the small-conference competition he played in. And was even being called a possible bust after his rookie year.

....And this is coming from a Falcon fan that had to watch the Niners ? my boys twice a year in the old NFC West and then strong arm our best player....

49ers07.jpg

...So u know I ain't bein' bias. lol
  • killap
    edited May 2011
    I kinda like how the Niners drafted. Jim is a smart dude and he's building his type of players. And don't forget, the Niners didn't build their 80s/90s dynasty with "Big Name" draft picks...

cc_montana.jpg
    Joe Montana, 82nd Pick. Slightly above average college career.

p1.rice.si.jpg
    Jerry Rice, considered a "reach pick" because of the small-conference competition he played in. And was even being called a possible bust after his rookie year.

....And this is coming from a Falcon fan that had to watch the Niners ? my boys twice a year in the old NFC West and then strong arm our best player....

49ers07.jpg

...So u know I ain't bein' bias. lol

LOL yea I remember those days we used to stay beating the falcons and saints on some 49-3 type ? ...I'm not so much upset at who we got as much as where we got them...I trust in Harbough's scouting ability just think we could of traded back on some Patriots type of ?
  • greenwood1921
    edited May 2011
    killap wrote: »
    LOL yea I remember those days we used to stay beating the falcons and saints on some 49-3 type ? ...I'm not so much upset at who we got as much as where we got them...I trust in Harbough's scouting ability just think we could of traded back on some Patriots type of ?

I feel u. (But ? u for bringin back childhood nightmares, lol.)

But New England's position is overrated. Yeah, they got a lot of draft picks, but that's like a ? that buys 10 lottery tickets versus the dude that got only 1 or 2. The fact is ONLY ONE TICKET WILL WIN.

And the sad truth about all these drafts is....

....Only about 25% of these players will become good NFL players. The rest will be either out of the league in a few years, or sitting on the bottom of the depth chart.
  • killap
    edited May 2011
    I feel u. (But ? u for bringin back childhood nightmares, lol.)

But New England's position is overrated. Yeah, they got a lot of draft picks, but that's like a ? that buys 10 lottery tickets versus the dude that got only 1 or 2. The fact is ONLY ONE TICKET WILL WIN.

And the sad truth about all these drafts is....

....Only about 25% of these players will become good NFL players. The rest will be either out of the league in a few years, or sitting on the bottom of the depth chart.

yea thats true big name no name only a quarter will be long term solutions...we'll see how it goes though...Harbough wasnt recruiting a hell of a lot of big name guys at Stanford so who knows I just cant wait for the season to start...I got renewed faith this yr