Staring people directly in the eyes...overrated or what?

Options
2stepz_ahead
2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2011 in For The Grown & Sexy
I meet people all the time that want to stare you down when you first meet them. they say you can tell alot about a person when you look them in the eyes. if they look away they are weak if they stare back then they are strong.

is it me or does this sound like some dumb ? . really i dont have the time nor do i want to stare at another man in his eyes. unless i want to kick your ass then i have no reason to look at you in your eyes for more than i half second when meeting you.

some people are just born with intimidating looks and some people are born looking like a ? ....but i have seen many people get they ass kicked off of some ole ...? looked away so i took his heart type ? ...how many boxing matches have you seen where one guy doesnt look at the other, yet when the fight starts the guy thats looked away is whipping the other guys ass....

and who goes around looking for people to stare in the eyes to see if you can "break " them

? sounds borderline ? to me

thoughts?

Comments

• meekins
    meekins Members Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
  • meekins
    meekins Members Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    ether-i-am wrote: »
    When ever I look a woman directly in her eyes I no we immediately start thinking about sex. I tend not to look at ugly ? directly.
    how you know what she thinking.

she could be thinking why is the creep starting so hard in my eye but dont wanna be rude so she smiles.
  • phantom0900
    phantom0900 Members Posts: 1,313 ✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    its underated, why am i talking to the side of your face or the back of your head? you dont have to hold eye contact forever, but you can definitely get a better feel for people when you make eye contact.

people who can't hold eye contact for longer than 3 seconds are lame to me. most the time your talking to someone your side by side so if they cant even hold eye real/strong/positive eye contact for the brief seconds your looking in each others face, what is that saying? someone who looks you in the eyes then looks away or looks thru u or just is figgidty with eyes are untrust worthy IMO. there are just too many character traits i find in common with people who have poor eye communication, you say so much with your eyes and the muscles in your face, if your insecure ass cant show me what your thinking as you say it, what are we speaking for?
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    If you can't look me in the eye when I'm talking to you, then something is suspect. Everybody that was like that, turned out to be on some ? in the long run.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    edited April 2011
    Options
    having a casual conversation with someone...you will look at them and occasionally turn away....thats just how it is
    having a serious conversation with someone...you will tend to look at them more
    making eye contact is important...but to time it is looking for a problem
    besides ....eye contact should not mean that person is untrustworthy...i can look you directly in the eyes and lie to you....kids do it all the time
    nor should it mean the person is hiding something

? is not that deep

i guess you also would say a strong hand shake is a sign of confidence and not the person just having a firm grip
  • phantom0900
    phantom0900 Members Posts: 1,313 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Theres a vibe that comes with eye contact, true kids can look you in the eye and lie, but sometimes intution kicks in and tips you off. and your right, timing it is foolish, i just said 3 cause its longer than 1 and shorter than 5, there are awkward stares that people do.

and i also agree that there are generalizations being made, but generally speaking, poor eye contact is a sign a low self esteem and other negative personality traits.
  • Daniel Plainview
    Daniel Plainview Members Posts: 895
    edited May 2011
    Options
    one look in my eyes
    and everyone denies
    ever having met me
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    overrated. mofos can look u dead in your eye, and lie they azzz off to u.
  • jay83
    jay83 Members Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    darkone360 wrote: »

I seen quite a few car salesman do that as well. lol.
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I remember Trey Songz was on Wendy Williams show looking dead in her eye and she thought homie was trynna bag lol. Overrated though ? will still lie to your face with that ish
  • 2stepz_ahead
    edited May 2011
    Options
    i noticed sometimes not looking someone in the eyes is because you dont really want to here what they have to say
  • DEE-LICIOUS
    DEE-LICIOUS Members Posts: 6,088 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Looking someone in the eyes doesn't mean you cant be lying to them. idk why people think that. U can stare someone down and be lying about every damn thing.

I definitely like to maintain eye contact though. It shows the person that you are paying attention and absorbing everything they are saying.
  • Aristo_V300
    Aristo_V300 Members Posts: 6,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    darkone360 wrote: »

I'm an expert at that ? .
  • Jonas.dini
    Jonas.dini Confirm Email Posts: 2,507 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Eye contact is important. If a person can't make eye contact I assume they lack confidence and class.
  • CaliGuerillaBlazin
    CaliGuerillaBlazin Members Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Underrated. If we're having a real conversation I'd like some eye contact, u aint got to stare me down but jeez otherwise wtf is we talking for, call me ? .