That "hero" who flew into the IRS building? The only person he killed was.....

Options
BOSS KTULU
BOSS KTULU Banned Users Posts: 978 ✭✭
edited February 2010 in The Social Lounge
... an older black gentleman who looked exactly like my barber.

vernon-hunter_f9dc5.jpg

When Ken Hunter first heard about a plane crashing into his father's office building in Austin, he said he hoped his dad, Vernon Hunter, wasn't there.

After several attempts to reach his father, a 67-year-old IRS worker, he discovered his dad was missing.

Pilot Joseph Stack crashed his Piper Cherokee PA28 single-engine plane into the Echelon Building 1 in northwest Austin. The building housed 200 employees of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service and its criminal investigations division.

The pilot and Hunter's father were killed in the crash. Thirteen others were injured.

"I saw the building and that was my dad's office building. So I called maybe eight times or more," Ken said.

But his dad never picked up the phone. A few hours later, he learned his dad was missing.

02__ken.jpg

"You hope for a miracle, but logically you're like 'No , no'," he said.

In the hours that followed, Ken said he heard lots of talk about the pilot's motivations and felt compelled to speak out on his father's behalf.

"There was just too much going on about what the guy did and what he believed in, and enough's enough," he said. "They don't need to talk about him. Talk about my dad. You know, some people are trying to make this guy out to be a hero, a patriot. My dad served two terms in Vietnam. This guy never served at all. My dad wasn't responsible for his tax problems."

The Hunter family identified Vernon Hunter's body Saturday. That same day, as Ken drove to his father's home, he saw firsthand the destruction the small plane caused.

"We turned the radio down, almost off, and we just looked. No one said anything and we just kept coming in. My wife almost broke down, so it was tough," he said.

While he's angry at the act and he's angry for his loss, he's not holding a grudge against the man responsible for his father's death.

"I can't be angry at the person that did it, and that's just my dad coming out," he said.

Neighbors and friends of the Hunters also waited as authorities worked to confirm the victim killed was in fact Vernon Hunter.

Neighbor Robert Foster said he's trying to understand the senseless act.

"You just kind of go weak," Foster said. "You just can't imagine that it's a person that you know."

Foster said Vernon Hunter was a proud Vietnam Vet and a great neighbor.

"He was just a real tender man," he said. "It was always good to talk to him. He was just a nice guy."

Now, as cars gather in front of the Hunter residence, a neighborhood braces itself and offers support.

Vernon Hunter leaves behind a wife, a son and daughter and six grandchildren.
http://www.news8austin.com/content/your_news/default.asp?ArID=267537

Commence with the "HE WAS AN UNCLE RUCKUS HOUSE ? WORKING FOR THE DEVIL'S IRS" nonsense.

This old man who was just holding down a decent job for his family got burned to death by airplane fuel because some Teabagger couldn't figure out how to cheat on his taxes.

? Damn.

Comments

• earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    people consider this tale spin ass suicide pilot a 'hero'? news to me.
  • BOSS KTULU
    edited February 2010
    Options
    people consider this tale spin ass suicide pilot a 'hero'? news to me.

oh yeah

mad people on the IC, on TC, and even in completely different realms like sections of right wing talk radio, FreeRepublic.com, etc.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    You beat me to the punch, Ktulu. Just another angry loser that ? up lives. In another life he would've become a serial ? , a suicide bus bomber, or a sergeant in the Einsatzgruppen.
  • DarcSkies777
    DarcSkies777 Members Posts: 5,600 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I doubt he got in the plane and said, "I hope I hit me a nig.ger...that'll be great!" His anger was well placed and if this guy wants to get ? at somebody he needs to get mad at the federal government because it's pretty much the root cause of all of this.

And if you work for the IRS you obviously dont give a ? about anybody else's life so when you lose yours I could careless. So shove the guilt trip and the racial heart string pulling nonsense back up your ass. Because you aren't exactly the most intelligent or understanding person in relation to race anyway. So spare us the phony indignation and pathetic act of pretending you give a ? about any racial components involved in this if anything you're happy he's black.
  • bmoreeast
    bmoreeast Members Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    So if he had of been Muslim would he still be considered a hero or just another terrorist
  • BOSS KTULU
    edited February 2010
    Options
    His anger was well placed
    He was angry that he couldn't figure out how to cheat the system like the more wealthy people he was jealous of.

So he flew a plane into a building full of people he's never met.

Darcskies' verdict: Well Placed.

And if you work for the IRS you obviously dont give a ? about anybody else's life
    An unsupportable assertion.
    you aren't exactly the most intelligent or understanding person in relation to race anyway.
    Actually, and I don't know if you know this or not, but I am literally THE MOST intelligent and understanding person in relation to race.
    if anything you're happy he's black.
    You're the only one happy he's dead here.
  • deadprezreppinme
    deadprezreppinme Members Posts: 195
    edited February 2010
    Options
    What did the pilot accomplish? Did he clear anyones debt?
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I doubt he got in the plane and said, "I hope I hit me a nig.ger...that'll be great!"
    LOL, I wonder what type of damage he thought that he would make?
  • DarcSkies777
    edited February 2010
    Options
    LOL, I wonder what type of damage he thought that he would make?

I bet he though it was gonna be some 9/11 ? . You know that fool didnt think the ? all the way through LOL
  • The Prime Minister
    The Prime Minister Members Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    BOSS KTULU wrote: »
    ... an older black gentleman who looked exactly like my barber.

? Damn.

? you ain't got a Black barber.
  • DarcSkies777
    edited February 2010
    Options
    ^^^ lol.................
  • BOSS KTULU
    edited February 2010
    Options
    ? you ain't got a Black barber.