Cruel And Unusual Punishment

Options
unspoken_respect
unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2010 in The Social Lounge
How do you feel about it?

What about people that commit cruel and unusual crimes?

People that hang children, microwave babies, throw babies off a bridge, drag people behind trucks, let their dog take ? on your yard, etc....

If we can prove without a doubt that they committed such a crime, do you think they should be punished in the manner of which their crime was committed?

I'm sorry people but I'm tired of hearing about all the crazy stupid ? going on and then these crazy ? are being put in prison. If you crazy enough to throw a baby off a bridge then you should have your crazy ass thrown off the same bridge.

Remember, this is a hypothetical full prove system.

Comments

• BOSS KTULU
    BOSS KTULU Banned Users Posts: 978 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    If we can prove without a doubt that they committed such a crime, do you think they should be punished in the manner of which their crime was committed?

what justifies the homicide WHEN HE DIIIIES in his own iniquity its the master of the mantis rapture comin' at cha
  • bbwthick23
    bbwthick23 Members Posts: 954 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    BOSS KTULU wrote: »
    what justifies the homicide WHEN HE DIIIIES in his own iniquity its the master of the mantis rapture comin' at cha[/QUOT

ROFL boss ktulu
  • unspoken_respect
    edited February 2010
    Options
    what justifies the homicide WHEN HE DIIIIES in his own iniquity its the master of the mantis rapture comin' at cha

As well as being a general deterrence, (if he survives his punishment) it will also serve as a specific deterrence as well.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options

We have an APB on an MC killer - looks like the work of a Master.
  • DarcSkies777
    DarcSkies777 Members Posts: 5,600 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    It's hard to argue for people who commit unusual crimes but I still dont think the state should have any part in torture or killing of it's citizens no matter what the crime.

And before you ask, "yes, I would want a person ? up beyond belief if it was my family member" but thats precisely why I shouldnt get to hand down the penalty.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Lol Wutang ass ? .. i agree ? cut their eyelids of and feed them nothing but sleeping pills
  • BOSS KTULU
    BOSS KTULU Banned Users Posts: 978 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    As well as being a general deterrence, (if he survives his punishment) it will also serve as a specific deterrence as well.

or it will "brutalize" the population, in other words, make them think it's acceptable to ? since that's how the state operates
  • edeeesq
    edeeesq Members Posts: 511
    edited February 2010
    Options
    How do you feel about it?

What about people that commit cruel and unusual crimes?

People that hang children, microwave babies, throw babies off a bridge, drag people behind trucks, let their dog take ? on your yard, etc....

I'm sorry people but I'm tired of hearing about all the crazy stupid ? going on and then these crazy ? are being put in prison. If you crazy enough to throw a baby off a bridge then you should have your crazy ass thrown off the same bridge.

Remember, this is a hypothetical full prove system.

How we let THESE monsters walk among us is unthinkable...!!!
  • Niccolò Rossi
    Niccolò Rossi Members Posts: 31
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Punishment should always be based on rehabilitation of the prisoner and when necessary protection of the public. Trying to use harsh punishments as a deterrent rarely works. Things like Capital and Corporal punishment should be absolutely banned.
  • unspoken_respect
    edited February 2010
    Options
    or it will "brutalize" the population, in other words, make them think it's acceptable to ? since that's how the state operates
    We already have a death penalty. But yes, their will be shock to it. And people will think "I'm gonna get ? up for doing crazy ? "!

People think these crimes through before committing them. Then they plead for insanity which I think is ? .

Like I said man, this is hypothetical. In reality I would never support something like this people the system is tooooo corrupt.
  • unspoken_respect
    edited February 2010
    Options
    edeeesq wrote: »
    How we let THESE monsters walk among us is unthinkable...!!!

WORD, its ? horrifying!
  • unspoken_respect
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Lol Wutang ass ? .. i agree ? cut their eyelids of and feed them nothing but sleeping pills

Sew their ass shut and keep feeding them.