Batman the Brave and the Bold

Options
IC's Patrick Bateman
IC's Patrick Bateman Members Posts: 536
edited May 2011 in Animania
i picked up 3 of the DVDs for my kid this is a sick cartoon though. anybody seen this?

Comments

• dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited December 2010
    Options
    i seen a few eps but never reall sat to watch and take it in all i know it usually has lesser known characters from dc
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options
    seen it and hate it...
  • A.J. Trillzynski
    A.J. Trillzynski Members Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    one of the greatest DC animated shows easily, even better than JLU. if you liked Justice League Unlimited and say you don't like this show you're full of ? .. Batman Brave and the Bold is more character focused centering around Batman with a closer revolving core of characters and it borrows a lot from famous DC storylines. DC heads should love this show, i appreciate episodes focused on some great but more obscure characters like Etrigan the Demon, Deadman, Dr. Fate, Spectre, Plastic Man, Guy Gardner (getting punched in the face by Batman of course) Jonah Hex, Atom and their interpretation of Aquaman (who's a regular) is finally right on point he's always truly hilarious. people will say they don't like the animation style of Batman but i like it they finally got away from the Bruce Timm style that has been played out for years now i always hated how he was in JLU with the wide pointy ears..
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    reaperbong wrote: »
    one of the greatest DC animated shows easily, even better than JLU. if you liked Justice League Unlimited and say you don't like this show you're full of ? .. Batman Brave and the Bold is more character focused centering around Batman with a closer revolving core of characters and it borrows a lot from famous DC storylines. DC heads should love this show, i appreciate episodes focused on some great but more obscure characters like Etrigan the Demon, Deadman, Dr. Fate, Spectre, Plastic Man, Guy Gardner (getting punched in the face by Batman of course) Jonah Hex, Atom and their interpretation of Aquaman (who's a regular) is finally right on point he's always truly hilarious. people will say they don't like the animation style of Batman but i like it they finally got away from the Bruce Timm style that has been played out for years now i always hated how he was in JLU with the wide pointy ears..

I disagree with everything in this post.. IMO I prefer the Bruce TImm Style batman imo his animation style ? on Brave and Bold. While its not bad this version of batman is ? on the hardbody batman of the original animated series and of the Justice League and JLU.

There making Batman look like ? joke cornball. Not fan of the animated style and definitly not a fan of Bringing Back the Adam West Batman into a cartoon.

Batman to me is dark, hardbody, dramatic ie the way Bruce Timm cartoons made him out to be, not corny like Adam West version which this cartoon portrays.

U on ? saying this anywhere close to ? with JLU.
  • A.J. Trillzynski
    edited May 2011
    Options
    why just because he's colored blue and not black and has short ears? because nothing else in this Batman says Adam West character wise. the show does have elements that harken back to the 60's and 70's Batman but IMO it's done in good taste. like it or not that's a large part of Batman either you can deny it, exploit it (Joel Schumacher) or simply pay a bit of homage using elements of it like this show and what Grant Morrison has been doing in the comics lately.

i think people are turned off how Batman is animated in this one and judge it without actually watching an episode. the writing is on par with JLU easily
  • nujerz84
    edited May 2011
    Options
    why just because he's colored blue and not black and has short ears? because nothing else in this Batman says Adam West character wise. the show does have elements that harken back to the 60's and 70's Batman but IMO it's done in good taste. like it or not that's a large part of Batman either you can deny it, exploit it (Joel Schumacher) or simply pay a bit of homage using elements of it like this show and what Grant Morrison has been doing in the comics lately.

i think people are turned off how Batman is animated in this one and judge it without actually watching an episode. the writing is on par with JLU easily

I watch several Epsiodes its corny for the most part. Regardless if its a large part of the characters history most comic fans and DC itself admit that it was perhaps one of the worst times for Batman so to make an animated show that close to the exact era is ? . The Batman cartoon went for something grown ups can watch to a show that geared towards 10 year olds its corny.

The Writing of JLU ? on Brave and the Bold (RIP Dwayne McDuffie). Kevin Conroy imo also ? on this guys voice as Bruce Wayne/Batman..
  • A.J. Trillzynski
    edited May 2011
    Options
    nobody will top Kevin Conroy and i'm not saying it's better then the classic Batman the Animated Series but you're overstating how much the show is reminiscent of 50's-60's Batman. the blue and grey costume is no different then what was in use in the comics all the way up through the 90's. actually i think the only real thing that reminds me of Adam West Batman is the bombastic opening credits musical score.

besides that it's all based on classic silver age DC stories and the characters from the actual comic Batman The Brave and the Bold and Batman and the Outsiders. there's nothing wrong with these eras of DC comics and i think this show does a great job interpreting it. also some of the characterizations are much more enjoyable than JLU which IMO could be to unfocused and used too many corny characters DC should forget about.

JLU was great but is more hit and miss, some of the episodes can be downright boring or featuring characters nobody gives a ? about. this show always offers something new and fantastical, it's fast paced and entertaining i like the energy. yea it's aimed more at kids but as i stated in the OP i watch these with my 3 year old the ? i look like 30 years old watching cartoons by myself, we also watch alot of JLU and all the DC animated movies but honestly i prefer these lately idk maybe because i'm stoned.
  • nujerz84
    edited May 2011
    Options
    nobody will top Kevin Conroy and i'm not saying it's better then the classic Batman the Animated Series but you're overstating how much the show is reminiscent of 50's-60's Batman. the blue and grey costume is no different then what was in use in the comics all the way up through the 90's. actually i think the only real thing that reminds me of Adam West Batman is the bombastic opening credits musical score.

besides that it's all based on classic silver age DC stories and the characters from the actual comic Batman The Brave and the Bold and Batman and the Outsiders. there's nothing wrong with these eras of DC comics and i think this show does a great job interpreting it. also some of the characterizations are much more enjoyable than JLU which IMO could be to unfocused and used too many corny characters DC should forget about.

JLU was great but is more hit and miss, some of the episodes can be downright boring or featuring characters nobody gives a ? about. this show always offers something new and fantastical, it's fast paced and entertaining i like the energy. yea it's aimed more at kids but as i stated in the OP i watch these with my 3 year old the ? i look like 30 years old watching cartoons by myself, we also watch alot of JLU and all the DC animated movies but honestly i prefer these lately idk maybe because i'm stoned.

I prefered JLU...the way the whole Cadmas storyline in JLU imo ? on anything that come outta Brave and the Bold. Some of the best episodes of JLU featured Green Arrow, Canary, Huntress.
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
  • jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Brave & Bold isn't really like the other JLU and Batman series..this one is more childish in nature with Batman being played up as some sort of uber being. Most of the other DC heroes are portrayed as idiots. The first seasons were good, this season has been boring aside from the Superman episode. I'd say the Batman and Batman from the 90s are much better, but this show is good to see nice cameos and occasional humor
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited May 2011
    Options
    this is ok not better than jla or them batman joints from the 90's
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    seen it and hate it...