Options
DOPEdweebz
DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
edited May 2011 in Off The Turn Buckle
Submitted by Daniel Pena on May 2, 2011 - 11:13am
Posted In:

News

[Previous Article] - [Next Article]

Michelle McCool is gone from WWE after losing a Loser Leaves WWE Match to Layla last night at Extreme Rules.

The wrestler formerly known as Awesome Kong made her WWE television debut immediately following McCool's defeat and laid out the multi-time champion with an Implant Buster.

In an indication as to why she's leaving WWE, McCool revealed to WWE.com that she's endured a slew of injuries the past two months.

"My foot has been injured for two months now, broken toe, torn joint capsules, torn MCL. I took a good beating by Layla and Kharma, too. I know I'll be feeling it tonight, tomorrow and probably the next day," McCool said. "But I'll wear it with pride."

McCool was introduced to the WWE audience in 2004 as a competitor in the inaugural Diva Search. Although the former school teacher lost the competition, WWE signed her to a contract in November of that year. She had been wrestling ever since.

"I've been doing this for six years now. Love me or hate me, I hope the WWE Universe can respect that night in and night out, I've given it my all," McCool tearfully said. "This is definitely emotional, and I'm sure it’ll be like that for awhile."

While McCool hopes to see her fans again, it won't be in the ring.

"Thank you for the love and the hate. Thank you for being you and for watching. Hopefully I'll see you around – not in the ring – but maybe someday."

She echoed similar comments on Twitter, writing, "Thx for the love guys....I know there will always be rumors, but that was it - real talk! @mslayel ....nothing but luv 4 u! Luv u all...nite!"

Comments

• Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    *OJ da Juiceman voice*

Aye, OK
  • genocide_cutter
    genocide_cutter Members Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    She'll be back
  • ToWn_DrUnK
    ToWn_DrUnK Members Posts: 1,018
    edited May 2011
    Options
    damn taker gonna be hittin that all night longggggggg now she aint working lol
  • Mally_G
    edited May 2011
    Options
    She probably taking time off to go have a baby

she won't be missed......
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited May 2011
    Options
    She got out in time
  • genocide_cutter
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Mally_G wrote: »
    She probably taking time off to go have a baby

she won't be missed......

ain't Undertaker too old for that.
  • Mally_G
    edited May 2011
    Options
    ain't Undertaker too old for that.

hell no. a man can produce until the day he dies

Old celebrities have babies by young girls every day.

and I think he has a kid less than 10 years old with his ex wife, Sara. 'Taker may be broken down in the ring, but I'm pretty sure he's scaring the drawls off Michelle to get it in.
  • real ness
    real ness Members Posts: 263
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Since Taker blazin that I thought her push would never end. Yeah sound like she gon have kids even tho lol @ when the kid turns 18 Taker gone be 80
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    nodq.com

- WWE had been planning to break up Layla and Michelle McCool for months, going back to WrestleMania 27. They didn't do the LayCool split at WrestleMania likely because they wanted to focus on the match with Snooki after she agreed to wrestle. After WrestleMania, WWE went back to the LayCool split storyline and rushed it over the past month or so.

McCool is leaving WWE on good terms and has been offered a spot on a likely second season of WWE Tough Enough as well as an office job. There's talk that McCool and her husband, The Undertaker, are looking to settle down and start a family.
  • Mally_G
    edited May 2011
    Options
    What is she going to teach someone to do on TE2?

How to hook into a top tier guy in the company, marry him, get your push, get your title run, get injured, and quit while you're ahead?
  • genocide_cutter
    edited May 2011
    Options
    What is she going to teach someone to do on TE2?

How to hook into a top tier guy in the company, marry him, get your push, get your title run, get injured, and quit while you're ahead?

Pretty much
  • twizza 77
    twizza 77 Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    She off to have Taker babies. I wonder if Taker going to her name tattooed on his neck.
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I figured she would leave after Taker was hurt at Wrestlemania, she going to take care of her husband.
  • real ness
    edited May 2011
    Options
    south4life wrote: »
    I figured she would leave after Taker was hurt at Wrestlemania, she going to take care of her husband.

was he hurt for real?
  • Mally_G
    edited May 2011
    Options
    real ness wrote: »
    was he hurt for real?

Man, after they carted him out of the ring, I never even read a report about his condition.

It was like he simply evaporated.......

He must be real ? up if they keeping his condition under wraps.
  • real ness
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Man, after they carted him out of the ring, I never even read a report about his condition.

It was like he simply evaporated.......

He must be real ? up if they keeping his condition under wraps.

Or maybe cause nothing wrong with him. We don't need a press release from WWE related to find out what's goin on, we still do