The 80's, the best era of music period

Options
tupacfan35
tupacfan35 Members Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭
edited May 2011 in R&B & Alternatives
As good as the 70's, 60's, 50's and to a lesser extent the 1990, the 80's remains the best era of music ever, even the hair metal bands are better than these mallcore nu metal/pop punk/emo ? that we have to put up with now, even today's rap is terrible, ever since we lost tupac and biggie.

this is why I Love the 1980's.

Miami Vice

Comments

• Nthngis4vr
    Nthngis4vr Members Posts: 2,171 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    because I luh you, I'll just appreciate and post some of my favorite 80s songs
    :)

Whitney Houston: You Give Good Love
    Luther Vandross: Here & Now
    Michael Jackson: Rock With You, Human Nature, Man in the Mirror
    The Jets: Make It Real, Crush On You
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Ehhh the 80s was good, but I like 60s, 70s, and 90s music better.
  • Mrslim1
    Mrslim1 Members Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    70 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
  • tupacfan35
    edited May 2011
    Options
    The 80's destroys anything today's ? music.
  • almighty breeze
    almighty breeze Members Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    70s>90s>80s>00s=60s
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    ima young ? , i gotta go 90's..
  • churchboy2
    churchboy2 Members Posts: 477
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Mrslim1 wrote: »
    70 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Correction: 60s & 70s >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
  • tupacfan35
    edited May 2011
    Options
    But i'm sticking to the 80's, even though the 90's was good, the 80's was really the last golden age of entertainment period.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
  • tupacfan35
    edited May 2011
    Options
    And there is one thing that the 1980's was a better decade of music than all of the decades combined put together.
    MJ's Thriller album is absolutely the greatest album ever R.I.P. MJ.
    no one can ever top that album since.
  • Mrslim1
    edited May 2011
    Options
    tupacfan35 wrote: »
    And there is one thing that the 1980's was a better decade of music than all of the decades combined put together.

MJ's Thriller album is absolutely the greatest album ever R.I.P. MJ.
    no one can ever top that album since.

Great album yes . Greatest album ever . Hell no . IMO " Off the Wall was better" . But "Songs is the Key Life" is better than "Thriller"

70's still win
  • tupacfan35
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Great album yes . Greatest album ever . Hell no . IMO " Off the Wall was better" . But "Songs is the Key Life" is better than "Thriller"

70's still win

Sorry, as much as I Love the 70's, the 80's was amazing

and Thriller was better than off the wall, This is where MJ truly became the King of pop.So cool.
  • Mrslim1
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Sorry, as much as I Love the 70's, the 80's was amazing

and Thriller was better than off the wall, This is where MJ truly became the King of pop.So cool.

We can agree to disagree . The impact of Thriller was so great so that takes it to another stratosphere. But musically i just think "Songs in the Key of Life" is better.
  • tupacfan35
    edited May 2011
    Options
    We can agree to disagree . The impact of Thriller was so great so that takes it to another stratosphere. But musically i just think "Songs in the Key of Life" is better.

But still can't top thriller, I Mean stevie wonder is a great singer in his own right, but MJ was the king of pop.
  • Mrslim1
    edited May 2011
    Options
    But still can't top thriller, I Mean stevie wonder is a great singer in his own right, but MJ was the king of pop.

MJ is the King Of Pop and always will be . Just my opinion tho . 2 Phenomenal albums tho.
  • tupacfan35
    edited May 2011
    Options
    MJ is the King Of Pop and always will be . Just my opinion tho . 2 Phenomenal albums tho.

He was defintely the reason why the 80s was the golden age of entertainment.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
  • garv
    garv Confirm Email Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    The 90's>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
  • Mrslim1
    edited May 2011
    Options
    He was defintely the reason why the 80s was the golden age of entertainment.

I agree with that 100%. But entertainment value is totally different from musical quality. " Thriller " along with many albums of that era had great musical quality , I just feel the 70's and along with the end of the 60's was a era music that will never be duplicated. Also you have to remember MJ came up under the wings of Marvin Gaye ,The Tempations,Stevie Wonder as a puppy. He was already a star before the 80'? . But his ability to use the music video and his pure genius and entertainment value took him over the top in the 80,s
  • soulburger
    soulburger Members Posts: 21
    edited May 2011
    Options
    The 80's introduced a new wave of great music and artists, but I think it also gave birth to a lot of ? , and so I disagree about it being the best era of music.

The 80's was where the boy band came to prominence with acts like New Kids on the Black, as well as a lot of the trashy and manufactured pop acts that heavily relied on synthesised vocals and instrumentation. Cyndi Lauper and Wham come to mind for artists within the mould.

On the other hand, the 80's saw the rise of hiphop to mainstream acceptance.

How about the 60's?
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    The soul of the music prior to the 80's the story telling.. the movement music.. the heart of music and creativity was > greater than anything we have.. and will see.. the world is in a different place..
  • tupacfan35
    edited May 2011
    Options
    soulburger wrote: »
    The 80's introduced a new wave of great music and artists, but I think it also gave birth to a lot of ? , and so I disagree about it being the best era of music.

The 80's was where the boy band came to prominence with acts like New Kids on the Black, as well as a lot of the trashy and manufactured pop acts that heavily relied on synthesised vocals and instrumentation. Cyndi Lauper and Wham come to mind for artists within the mould.

On the other hand, the 80's saw the rise of hiphop to mainstream acceptance.

How about the 60's?

But the 80's was better than most of the garbage that's been put out now, the downfall of music was the 1990's, aside from great artist, the 90's was really the beginning of the end.
  • tupacfan35
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I agree with that 100%. But entertainment value is totally different from musical quality. " Thriller " along with many albums of that era had great musical quality , I just feel the 70's and along with the end of the 60's was a era music that will never be duplicated. Also you have to remember MJ came up under the wings of Marvin Gaye ,The Tempations,Stevie Wonder as a puppy. He was already a star before the 80'? . But his ability to use the music video and his pure genius and entertainment value took him over the top in the 80,s

But MJ Brought the 1980's music to a whole new level.