How to stay in shape and strong quickly?

Options
2»

Comments

• Miltown Marauder
    Miltown Marauder Members Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    If you want to lose weight, it's all about staying at a caloric deficit. Also, that eating at night ? is all a bunch of bull. It doesn't matter as when you eat, as long as you stay at that deficit.
  • The Prodigalson
    The Prodigalson Members, Writer Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    love yal wrote: »
    What's up? Prodigalson thanks for dropping by. Is MMA a sport, like wrestling?....I've heard products like Muscle Milk, Protien whey, Creatine, but I'm not familar with P90X is that a powder drink? What's it for? Energy or muscle gainer......what's good to keep you shape, good luck. I'm always looking forward reading your adivces, thank and good luck.

Damn forgot about this thread. Yeah it's mix martial arts and P90X is a workout DVD series. I do the whey proteins 4 time Daily to add mass and so far it works. I'm not a big dude anyway but sine I've been training I've put on about 15 pounds. That's 5 pounds short of my goal.
  • love yal
    love yal Members Posts: 1,327
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Thanks for the advices, still working out, every ideas y'all have is worth a try, trying to work on the adominals, so I can get a nice six pack by the summer, lol any ideas? Sits ups, running, any else?
  • ccluvsau
    ccluvsau Members Posts: 1,852 ✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    don't eat and then go to sleep immediately afterwards.

Ugh I get that "itis" tho
  • The Jackal
    The Jackal Members Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Just so you know t/s you don't get in shape and strong quickly. It's a long process that you have to dedicate yourself to
  • robdaze151
    robdaze151 Banned Users Posts: 2,019 ✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Thanks for the advices, still working out, every ideas y'all have is worth a try, trying to work on the adominals, so I can get a nice six pack by the summer, lol any ideas? Sits ups, running, any else?
    six packs are for ? .
    "there's only one way a guy gets a stomach like that"-Drew Crrey
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options

low bf % creates the 6 pack. diet/cardio/speeding up your metabolism is whats gonna get you there,

work the core (abs/lower back) to get more definition and to minimize chances of injuring yourself if you lift heavy weights.
  • love yal
    edited May 2011
    Options
    robdaze151 wrote: »
    six packs are for ? .
    "there's only one way a guy gets a stomach like that"-Drew Crrey
    This guy must be on something Lol.. Six pack are for everyone...and Drew Carey is funny guy....running also builds that stomach.
  • love yal
    edited May 2011
    Options
    low bf % creates the 6 pack. diet/cardio/speeding up your metabolism is whats gonna get you there,

work the core (abs/lower back) to get more definition and to minimize chances of injuring yourself if you lift heavy weights.

Thanks I belive cardio is good and do you think playing bastekball bulit abs?
  • Miltown Marauder
    Miltown Marauder Members Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Thanks for the advice....avoid the fried chicken breast....eat grilled chicken breast.....or bake
    Defintley...I want to work out abdominals......I believe its good to start 100 sit ups...there people do sits ups everyday.
    And running to
    You very right, drink water.....I heard the same, 8 glasses of water thats good thanks, any new ideas feel free drop some advices, thanks
    By the way do you read fitness magzines? Are they useful?

100 situps is worthless for abs if you have fat covering them. Lose fat THEN worry about abs.
  • DRO
    DRO Members Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    100 situps is worthless for abs if you have fat covering them. Lose fat then worry about abs.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

truth.com

? gone have a fat hard stomach... Run run run... Burn that fat, them do them sit ups... But i will say... Doing sit up does help your sex life...
  • Conscious__Nkechi
    Conscious__Nkechi Members Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    100 situps is worthless for abs if you have fat covering them. Lose fat THEN worry about abs.

Sit ups are pretty worthless all around.
  • BP OIL SPILL FACE
    BP OIL SPILL FACE Members Posts: 2,526 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Sit ups are pretty worthless all around.

lol I have to agree. Push-ups, ftw! But, I still do sit-ups, just because.