Why dont White people support other White rappers????????????

Comments

• BillDance
    BillDance Members Posts: 1,008
    edited July 2010
    Word? A million people go to Penn State?

Why you mad.

why you happy is the question? why you happy penn states listen to him? he's from pa.
  • Meet The Sniper
    Meet The Sniper Members Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    BillDance wrote: »
    why you happy is the question? why you happy penn states listen to him? he's from pa.

I'm not. I was just saying that as a person who visited the campus often. Him being from PA is the reason.
  • I'm THAT guy...
    I'm THAT guy... Members Posts: 2,544
    edited July 2010
    Eminem is the ultimate ? , he started the trend.
  • georgia boi
    georgia boi Members Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Eminem came into the game as the anit-Pop artist that happened to be a pop artist. He was able to appeal to Pop audiences b/c of his commercial sound. He appealed to the Hip Hop crowd because he had skills and he was co-signed by Dre. Eminem's a rapper that isn't confined by labels like gangsta or conscious. He really doesn't fit into a box, so he's able to reach larger audiences within the Hip Hop community. He's also has a loyal fanbase and has songs that are eaten up by the pop crowd as well. Eminem didn't establish himself w/ a niche audience which is where most artists fail. Eminem managed to hit a large amount of the following markets which is why he's remained successful: Emo, horrocore, Hip Hop, and Pop.

This is why I don't think his skin color has as much to do w/ his record sales as people (including Eminem) make it out to be. There's white artists in other genres, some of which were neck and neck sales wise last decade, who only see a fraction of his sales. It doesn't only just apply to rappers and people tend to forget that Nelly has an album that sold as much as Eminem's highest selling album and it was Nelly's debut. People also discount the fact that Jay and Em's last releases were close in overall sales. 50 Cent has also had sales that have rivaled Em's.
  • genocide_cutter
    genocide_cutter Members Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    i've said this in anotha thread but imma say it again, all those artist you listed in bold, ARE ? GARBAGE thatz y they flopped, as far as them otha artist you named, i neva heard of em and if u not on a major itz much harder to shine off of an independent as opposed to do it bout 10 years ago. if nobody eva heard of you, you dam show not goin sell. itz sum nice undaground white rapper that havent got they shot but as far as mainstream white rappers, nobody is on eminem level. to be a minority in a genre of music, u have to be great like eminem once was. NOT ? GARBAGE like ICP or lil whyte. i.e tha williams sisters, tiger woods.

em is wack as ? Icp and nerco are way better than that overated ?
  • Monizzle
    Monizzle Members Posts: 1,666
    edited July 2010
    cosign thread gee757 need to start supporting his fellow white boy eminiem
  • dj expanium
    dj expanium Confirm Email Posts: 3,581 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    i've said this in anotha thread but imma say it again, all those artist you listed in bold, ARE ? GARBAGE thatz y they flopped, as far as them otha artist you named, i neva heard of em and if u not on a major itz much harder to shine off of an independent as opposed to do it bout 10 years ago. if nobody eva heard of you, you dam show not goin sell. itz sum nice undaground white rapper that havent got they shot but as far as mainstream white rappers, nobody is on eminem level. to be a minority in a genre of music, u have to be great like eminem once was. NOT ? GARBAGE like ICP or lil whyte. i.e tha williams sisters, tiger woods.
    Nah man. You probably never listened to any of them, because they do have skills on the mic.
    Eminem came into the game as the anit-Pop artist that happened to be a pop artist. He was able to appeal to Pop audiences b/c of his commercial sound. He appealed to the Hip Hop crowd because he had skills and he was co-signed by Dre. Eminem's a rapper that isn't confined by labels like gangsta or conscious. He really doesn't fit into a box, so he's able to reach larger audiences within the Hip Hop community. He's also has a loyal fanbase and has songs that are eaten up by the pop crowd as well. Eminem didn't establish himself w/ a niche audience which is where most artists fail. Eminem managed to hit a large amount of the following markets which is why he's remained successful: Emo, horrocore, Hip Hop, and Pop.

This is why I don't think his skin color has as much to do w/ his record sales as people (including Eminem) make it out to be. There's white artists in other genres, some of which were neck and neck sales wise last decade, who only see a fraction of his sales. It doesn't only just apply to rappers and people tend to forget that Nelly has an album that sold as much as Eminem's highest selling album and it was Nelly's debut. People also discount the fact that Jay and Em's last releases were close in overall sales. 50 Cent has also had sales that have rivaled Em's.
    Eminem is a Pop artist and he's able to sell more in the Pop community than in Hip-Hop.
  • Myayoni is bored
    Myayoni is bored Members Posts: 716 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    ? are better shuckers and jivers.
  • birdcall89
    birdcall89 Members Posts: 6,009 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    white people just dont understand that they will never overcome if they dont show unity. like the old saying goes "white on white crime hurts everyone".
  • edutained_by_hh
    edutained_by_hh Members Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    I didn't know that either, if he is.

Naw Term is half Rican half Italian, which is why H-Rap referred to him as white. Term does consider himself Latino though.
  • georgia boi
    georgia boi Members Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Nah man. You probably never listened to any of them, because they do have skills on the mic.

Eminem is a Pop artist and he's able to sell more in the Pop community than in Hip-Hop.

LOL. I've listened to Bubba Sparxxx, Lil' Wyte, Paul Wall, and a little bit of Aesop Rock. I'd put Bubba's Deliverance up there w/ some of Em's best work. Bubba, Wyte, Aesop and Paul Wall all have niche audiences though. Bubba's music has been perceived as "Country" or "Red neck." Lil' Wyte's popularity never extended beyond 3-6, so he just shared a portion of their fan base without ever really establishing his own. Paul Wall was a oart if the Houston movement that included Slim Thug, Mike Jones, and Chamillionaire. Once that wave of artists was no longer big, neither was Paul. Aesop Rock is viewed as underground.

I already acknowledged that Eminem is a Pop artist, but he's still a Hip Hop artist. By him not really being able to be placed in a category like other Hip Hop artists, he has been able to reach broader audiences within Hip Hop. Jay Z, Kanye West, Lil' Wayne etc. are other examples of artists within Hip Hop that don't fit inside of a box. They also reach a wide range of audiences within Hip Hop. Without Hip Hop, Eminem would sell far less than he has. Look at Justin Timberlake, who is strictly a Pop artist. Without Hip Hop producers like Timbaland and The Neptunes with Hip Hop influenced sounds, dude wouldn't have moved the units that he moved either.
  • Fazeem_Blackall
    Fazeem_Blackall Members Posts: 4,216 ✭✭
    edited August 2010
    this is a still a damn good question>>>
  • EmbezzelJayR
    EmbezzelJayR Members Posts: 1,052
    edited August 2010
    just because yo color is white doesn't mean you have to support your kind same Vice Versa!
  • Fazeem_Blackall
    Fazeem_Blackall Members Posts: 4,216 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    still a relvant issue and given the Stan legions that support HipHops Elvis...
  • bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    they cant rap?
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Only a hand ful of white mc's are good the rest dont make good musice... Copywrite, Evidence, maybe Vinnie Paz... the rest of white mc's while some are good lyrically they have no flow and are terrible song writers... for example Sage Francis, Aesop Rock, El-P
  • Capo1
    Capo1 Members Posts: 789
    edited May 2011
    loch121 wrote: »
    With Eminem he has all depts covered.best producer,cosign from a legend(dre)talent,best promo,and white.Those dudes got the white part but,not Em's position.Jimmy is a boss and Em is right under him.None of the other white rappers have a label situation

even close to what Em has.Then Em put himself out in the field battling when it was really important.I think with white ppl they either love Em or hate Em and any white rapper cuz in their minds hip hop is a black thing and they like the fantasy of feeling close to black ppl.

Some others may have a darker reason.they only like to see blacks portrayed the way we're portrayed in hip hop not another white person.Simply white rappers don't really work for the most part.there's only a few.They can ? the underground though cuz it's about talent.

Em was the only white rapper who could market what he did to other whites like the beastie Boys.Most white rappers were trying to be black.Em be on his wanna be ? too but he does it in a smart way totally aware of himself and being white.The real question is why aren't more black mcs selling like Em.We know why?

You have some valid points but you forgot the biggest point of them all: Eminem is vastly superior to his fellow white rappers in terms of talent.
  • TimroD
    TimroD Confirm Email Posts: 1,685 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    most of them aint really in the mainstream like that so the white kids cant really see em to support em
    if jimmy didnt push dre to sign eminem we all probably woulda never heard of dude
    and alot of them white cats are straight whack
    i mean house of pain was nice to me
    bubba was aight
    paul wall has nice beats but his rhymes are wacc
    i could never get into non phixion

• Capo1
    Capo1 Members Posts: 789
    edited May 2011

Damn, couldn't have said it better myself.
  • Rhymesfinest
    Rhymesfinest Members Posts: 1,892 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    It's like asking why don't Christians for example support/love/praise other Gods apart from Jesus

Stupid thread cos white people support black Rappers more than anyone and Eminem that's it

White people don't give a damn about any other white Rap Artist aside from Eminem black people don't give a damn about any white Rap Artist aside from Eminem either
  • JayEyeTheKing
    JayEyeTheKing Members Posts: 523
    edited May 2011
    So ur supposed to support em because theyre white? All the ppl you named, besides Em, are pretty wack (not the underground ones) if you ask me... not all of em but most.

Em, Machine Gun Kelly, Mac, Yelawolf the only ones I really like

Thats like saying all black people should have to go buy Soulja Boy & Lil B's ? cause theyre black...
  • Rhymesfinest
    edited May 2011
    What is Eminem's lowest selling Album? The Slim Shady LP which currently is at around 3 Million sold in America which was released in 1999

What is Eminem's highest selling Album? The Eminem Show which has sold 10 Million in America and got a Diamond plaque

Which Eminem Album had the least Singing on Hooks, least Emotional/heart felt tracks? The Slim Shady LP

Which Eminem Albums had the most Singing on Hooks, every track pretty much being Emotional/heart felt/personal? The Eminem Show

Who is Eminem's biggest supporters as far as buying most his Albums, Singles, Ringtines, going to his concerts etc? WHITE FEMALES

Simple math what do females like more than anything? Singing and sensitive and Emotional Music
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    TimroD wrote: »
    most of them aint really in the mainstream like that so the white kids cant really see em to support em
    if jimmy didnt push dre to sign eminem we all probably woulda never heard of dude
    and alot of them white cats are straight whack
    i mean house of pain was nice to me
    bubba was aight
    paul wall has nice beats but his rhymes are wacc
    i could never get into non phixion

I remember that farm club ? on USA Network at 11 PM on monday nights.. I would watch cuz Ali Landry was one of the host.
  • JayEyeTheKing
    JayEyeTheKing Members Posts: 523
    edited May 2011
    that Necro dude is pretty wack in my opinion too. Im suppose to support a dude with no flow, ? sound quality, and weird as ? ?
  • Rhymesfinest
    edited May 2011
    Again look at Relapse released in 2009 an Album with not many Emotional/heart Felt Songs aside from 'Beautiful'

Then look at Recovery which has out sold Relapse already and again an Album like The Eminem Show full of Singing on every Hook, full of Emotion, full of personal sensitive Songs

The simple answer to Eminem being more succesful than any other white or black Artist is because he has the biggest female fan base these young teenage females are very loyal to him and love him