Songs In A Minor 10 year anniversary album.

Options
Super Lex
Super Lex Members Posts: 460
edited May 2011 in R&B & Alternatives
The original release of Songs in A Minor sold more than 12 million albums worldwide and garnered five Grammy® Awards including Best New Artist, Best Song of the Year for "Fallin" and Best R&B Album. Rediscover this seminal album and explore previously unreleased and original bonus material featured on the 10th Anniversary Editions. The Deluxe Edition two-disc set and Collector’s Edition three-disc set will feature very special packaging and the Collector’s Edition will also include a documentary specifically created for this release based on the making of Songs in A Minor. For the first time, a vinyl version of the original album will also be made available.

I was hoping she was going to announce another new album but damn, its been 10 years since Songs?

I want that collector's edition but uh...its a bit pricey.

Comments

• Blue Virgo
    Blue Virgo Members Posts: 7,092 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    WOWZAS!!!

Can't believe it's been 10 years....time flies.

I love this album.

I wouldn't rush out to buy the collector's edition....I'm sure it'll be made available online in some form--unless you just want to own it.
  • Super Lex
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I just want to own it and not open it. I pretty much have everything that's gonna be on the Deluxe and regular editions. If I could find a download of the entire collection edition that would be awesome. I could keep the purchased one in the wrapper.

Now that I'm saying all of this, I'm pretty sure I'm getting this. Maybe not right away though.
  • soulatlantic
    soulatlantic Members Posts: 346
    edited April 2011
    Options
    this makes me feel really old lol. even though i was 11 when it dropped, i'm turning 21 this year. damn.
    i can't wait for this! definitely gonna have to cop the vinyl too. i hope Loving You is on the vinyl cause that's one of my favorites on the album, even though it's the hidden bonus track
  • garv
    garv Confirm Email Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Time flies, i can still remember my outrage when this album and Alicia Keys beat India Arie to every single award she was nominated for.
  • Nthngis4vr
    Nthngis4vr Members Posts: 2,171 ✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I love this album. My favorite of hers so far.

Butterflyz was sung at my wedding n errthang. I might get the deluxe edition because the lady I let borrow the album (to practice for the wedding) never gave my cd back!

I'd get this off of iTunes if I do decide to buy it..
  • Nthngis4vr
    Nthngis4vr Members Posts: 2,171 ✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    garv wrote: »
    Time flies, i can still remember my outrage when this album and Alicia Keys beat India Arie to every single award she was nominated for.

I remember being mad that Aaliyah's album was #2 because Songs in A Minor was ruling the charts at the time.
  • Super Lex
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I remember being mad that Aaliyah's album was #2 because Songs in A Minor was ruling the charts at the time.

lol. I was trying to decide which album I was going to get. I first heard Girlfriend but once Fallen had hit wbls for the 1st time it was a wrap. I did eventually cop Aaliyah's album a few months later. I was 16. I had no to limited funds.
    garv wrote: »

A lot of people at school were HOT. I was like ? that. It was funny. She really thought she was gonna win song of the year. Was that the one where she acted like she was going to pass out. It was a set up though. She had just gotten off stage.
  • soulatlantic
    soulatlantic Members Posts: 346
    edited May 2011
    Options
    [IMG][/img]alicia-keys-a-minor-10th-anni.jpg
    that's the cover.

and here's a video preview for it: http://bit.ly/mdnCip

June 28 can't come soon enough. i'm totally down to shell out the $$ for the collector's edition and the vinyl, cause i NEED this album in my vinyl collection.
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    diary of ak>>>>
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    The Hacker wrote: »
    diary of ak>>>>

Co-sign