? "Rozay understands what the Bigwigs that run Black Music dont" -Wale- ?

Comments

• StillDreaming
    StillDreaming Members Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    First Day purchase.

Selfmade Maybach 23
  • deathrowzorrow
    deathrowzorrow Members Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    I just download the album so I dont have to buy it.
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Alot of feelings caught in this thread
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    The album is pretty nice though
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    I ? with Wale, but the mf whines a lot. Dude was put in the position to succeed more than anyone else. Dude has one of the best dudes in the business (Mark Ronson) getting him a deal, album had Gaga and Rihanna on it. ? needs to keep grinding and cater to his fanbase, it's not a black music thing because music in general isn't selling.
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    ptowndonte wrote: »
    Alot of feelings caught in this thread

That was partially my intent which is why I put "Black Music" in the thread title once I saw multiple gayliases in the Reason.

usmarin3 wrote: »
    I ? with Wale, but the mf whines a lot. Dude was put in the position to succeed more than anyone else. Dude has one of the best dudes in the business (Mark Ronson) getting him a deal, album had Gaga and Rihanna on it. ? needs to keep grinding and cater to his fanbase, it's not a black music thing because music in general isn't selling.

Mark Ronson?? The Euro-British guy that decided to put Lady Gaga & Melanie Fiona on a Wale's debut???

When was the last time Mark Ronson penned/produced a HipHop hit??

Brotha needs to keep grinding and cater to his fanbase, it's a black music thing in his heart even when music in general isn't selling.
  • Guns
    Guns Confirm Email Posts: 1,504 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    ross stay winning

MMG!
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    i just listened to that way and self made
    the album is gonna knock
  • H-Rap 180
    edited May 2011
    sboogie wrote: »
    what the hell is wrong with you?

He's using an expression popularized by Malcolm X, and I believe he's using it in reference to how Rozay is trying to build careers instead of destroying them while embracing industry-unity instead of industry-BlackBalling.

His use of the expression in regards to Rozay is an ode to a song Maybach Music just dropped called "By any Means" were MMG rappers referred to themselves as "Field-? " in the same fashion that Malcolm X did.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Self Made Maybach 23rd
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Need the link.
  • Bcotton5
    edited May 2011
    yo I need one too, it leaked?
  • MrCrafty
    MrCrafty Members Posts: 1,624
    edited May 2011
    Pill let lose on that rise track
    smh @ a compilation being album of the year so far.

ROZAY
    MMMMMMAYBACH MUSIC
  • H-Rap 180
    edited May 2011
    yo I need one too, it leaked?

kanye-ross-cannes-6.jpg

Cannes

A bad leak according to Just Blaze on his Twitter.

http://twitter.com/#!/JustBlaze

Bcotton
    , I think we should just wait untill Monday and get the real copy, Pill's mother needs a kidney and Im going to donate my $10 in the purchase of an MMG album.

http://www.rap-up.com/2011/05/17/kanye-west-rick-ross-live-it-up-in-cannes/
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    I see a lot of house ? caught feelings in this thread...
  • Bcotton5
    edited May 2011
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »
    kanye-ross-cannes-6.jpg

Cannes

A bad leak according to Just Blaze on his Twitter.

http://twitter.com/#!/JustBlaze

Bcotton
    , I think we should just wait untill Monday and get the real copy, Pill's mother needs a kidney and Im going to donate my $10 in the purchase of an MMG album.

http://www.rap-up.com/2011/05/17/kanye-west-rick-ross-live-it-up-in-cannes/

Oh you already know Im copping 6 copies

Im fiending for this though, I need to slap this in the whip
  • Supreme_Mind999
    Supreme_Mind999 Members Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Last time I checked Ross Fell under the Warner Bros Corporation..Meaning he's Co-operating with the Jews...So his "empire" is not SELF-made..Its a smoke screen

Freddie Gibbs>Wale,Ross,etc...Just needs the production behind him
  • Supreme_Mind999
    edited May 2011
    How about being a NON-? ?...Neither in the field or the house..? ain't really ready for a real revolution
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    How about being a NON-? ?...Neither in the field or the house..? ain't really ready for a real revolution

Non-? never done ? for me.
  • Supreme_Mind999
    edited May 2011
    Malcolm X was a traitor who was manipulated to turn against the NOI by the White Media..So I don't see why Ross Glorifying him is relevant?

The dumb are mostly intrigued by the drums
  • Supreme_Mind999
    edited May 2011
    King Drew wrote: »
    Non-? never done ? for me.

Whites are the true ? ...Why not be a ? ? A Divine Being? The true Owners of record companys? Why are we always running to them jews and fronting like we SELF made?
  • H-Rap 180
    edited May 2011
    Last time I checked Ross Fell under the Warner Bros Corporation..Meaning he's Co-operating with the Jews...So his "empire" is not SELF-made..Its a smoke screen

Freddie Gibbs>Wale,Ross,etc...Just needs the production behind him
    Attachment not found.
    Freddie "Gangsta" Gibbs with his Crew.......

I think Self-Made is a reference to his rise to prominence from being Trick Daddy's side-kick to being a C.E.O. of his own label which consists of over ten artists.

Last time I checked Freddie Gibbs was under the Europeon umbrella of Vivendi co-operating with the white Europeon colonialists and Crip/? rapper Young Jeezy.

Freddie Gibbs was raised in the Midwest in a two-parent upper-middle-class home to a policeman father, he stole designer purses and got sentenced to a Boot-camp...when he was releasd from Boot camp he joined the United States Army.

He spent a year in the United States Military learning how to subdue civilian populations like the Katrina disaster survivors before he was discharged....then he decided to become a "rapper".

Lets see if Jeezy can give him the production he needs while TM103 is collecting cobwebs.
  • Supreme_Mind999
    edited May 2011
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »
    Attachment not found.
    Freddie "Gangsta" Gibbs with his Crew.......

I think Self-Made is a reference to his rise to prominence from being Trick Daddy's side-kick to being a C.E.O. of his own label which consists of over ten artists.

Last time I checked Freddie Gibbs was under the Europeon umbrella of Vivendi co-operating with the white Europeon colonialists and Crip/? rapper Young Jeezy.

Freddie Gibbs was raised in the Midwest in a two-parent upper-middle-class home to a policeman father, he stole designer purses and got sentenced to a Boot-camp...when he was releasd from Boot camp he joined the United States Army.

He spent a year in the United States Military learning how to subdue civilian populations like the Katrina disaster survivors before he was discharged....then he decided to become a "rapper".

Lets see if Jeezy can give him the production he needs while TM103 is collecting cobwebs.

So? I Meant that as far as Freddie Gibbs Style Was Iller...Jeezy is Another Puppet..(In reference to Ross)Okay so he's STILL NOT SELF MADE...No matter how much you try to protect Ross' Integrity and slice this pie,Ross is still in business with 6 ether beings...

? please...You See Thru..You Know How I gets Down...I'm the Card Dealer,Never Attempt To Pull My Card Because You Having A Stan-Attack Over Ross...You Clearly Have Alot Flunkies On here that Think You "? " And Whorship You..I'm not One Of Them
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    So? I Meant that as far as Freddie Gibbs Style Was Iller...Jeezy is Another Puppet..(In reference to Ross)Okay so he's STILL NOT SELF MADE...No matter how much you try to protect Ross' Integrity and slice this pie,Ross is still in business with 6 ether beings...

? please...You See Thru..You Know How I gets Down...I'm the Card Dealer,Never Attempt To Pull My Card Because You Having A Stan-Attack Over Ross...You Clearly Have Alot Flunkies On here that Think You "? " And Whorship You..I'm not One Of Them

whoa
    yall breaking up?
    no ?
  • Supreme_Mind999
    edited May 2011
    whoa
    yall breaking up?
    no ?

That "slick" ass ? ain't my brother..He's a politician who fronts like he Real and with the cause...These cats got FED(FBI) tendencies..He dazzles dudes on here that don't know no better and plays like he "heavy"...Its all a Ego trip for this dude

Internet personalties ? me...He know..Come to GA Hrap,my name known by Sons Of ? ..
This discussion has been closed.