Akrobatik Has a Heart Attack/Undergoes Surgery, in a Stable Condition.

Options
RuffDraft
RuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2011 in The Essence
Akrobatik's health took a sudden change for the worse this week as it was stated via Twitter that he had had a medically induced coma. That all seems to be rubbished now as close friends Ed OG and Mr. Lif are stating that he's in a stable condition following a heart attack and eventual open heart surgery.

Fingers crossed he recovers fully, he's one of the best artists post 00's to me and I only recently made a post regarding one of his albums - "Absolute Value" which is on the main page of the Essence and available here.

One source.

Comments

• satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    reade about this yesterday as i was trying to find my Perceptionists album. hope he makes a speedy recovery
  • RXMasked
    RXMasked Members Posts: 321 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I hope he recovers soon. IMO one the best 'true freestylers' in the game
  • RuffDraft
    edited May 2011
    Options
    satyrone wrote: »
    reade about this yesterday as i was trying to find my Perceptionists album. hope he makes a speedy recovery

Yeah, really bad news. Was really surprised to hear it as to be of that age and have a heart attack is kinda messed up.
    RXMasked wrote: »
    I hope he recovers soon. IMO one the best 'true freestylers' in the game

I think he's underrated as an artist too, he has some really good story telling tracks and he's versatile too.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Wow. Wish him the best
  • satyrone
    edited May 2011
    Options
    RuffDraft wrote: »
    Yeah, really bad news. Was really surprised to hear it as to be of that age and have a heart attack is kinda messed up.

I think he's underrated as an artist too, he has some really good story telling tracks and he's versatile too.

how old is AK??
  • traestar
    traestar Members Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I believe Akro is 34 or something

Yea I've been checking up on this story since I've heard about it

I got confirmed from Apathy and Mr. Lif and Paten Locke

So far I heard that he was up, but thats it!!

I knew I should've drop a thread about it, but I'm glad Ruff Draft did!
  • sniperk
    sniperk Members Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Boston stays losing.

Just kidding...
  • RuffDraft
    edited May 2011
    Options
    how old is AK??

His first record was back in 1998, say at that point he was late and he was 22, that would put him at 35... which would make Traestar's belief about right... to have a heart attack at that age is a joke.

He doesn't look like someone who's messing heavily with Steroids or anything that would bring on a heart attack either.
    traestar wrote: »
    I believe Akro is 34 or something

Yea I've been checking up on this story since I've heard about it

I got confirmed from Apathy and Mr. Lif and Paten Locke

So far I heard that he was up, but thats it!!

I knew I should've drop a thread about it, but I'm glad Ruff Draft did!

Keep us updated fam! haha I'm really busy at the moment and finding it hard to keep up with music, so whatever you hear, drop a thread :tu

I've heard similar, just hoping he pulls through... too young.
    sniperk wrote: »
    Boston stays losing.

Just kidding...

lol
  • traestar
    edited May 2011
    Options
    RuffDraft wrote: »
    His first record was back in 1998, say at that point he was late and he was 22, that would put him at 35... which would make Traestar's belief about right... to have a heart attack at that age is a joke.

He doesn't look like someone who's messing heavily with Steroids or anything that would bring on a heart attack either.

Keep us updated fam! haha I'm really busy at the moment and finding it hard to keep up with music, so whatever you hear, drop a thread :tu

I've heard similar, just hoping he pulls through... too young.

lol

Yea I started listening to him around 2000, maybe even earlier! I was a freshmen in high school around this time! Haven't it not been for him and Mr. Lif, the The Perceptionists, I wouldn't have gotten this far into underground hip hop! And Ruff, funny you would say the same about Ak's condition, DJ Premier said that same thing about him on Live at HeadQCourterz recently! And I'm wondering the same thing as well!! Big Shoutout to Masta Ace and Stricklin who shouted him out at Porto, Portugal!!
  • satyrone
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Too young to have a heart attack uless he has some unhealthy habits. Look at Nate dogg he was young as he'll to be having strokes. Mustve had in healthy habbits
  • traestar
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Too young to have a heart attack uless he has some unhealthy habits. Look at Nate dogg he was young as he'll to be having strokes. Mustve had in healthy habbits

Yea Nate Dogg's situation was ugly!

As for Akro, I have no idea what happened!
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Hopefully dude recovers... I recall reading that he was doing pro wrestling or trying to be pro wrestling...
  • traestar
    edited May 2011
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    Hopefully dude recovers... I recall reading that he was doing pro wrestling or trying to be pro wrestling...

He used to play football, I think he was a RB!

I don't think he was ever able to go pro
  • RuffDraft
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Yea I started listening to him around 2000, maybe even earlier! I was a freshmen in high school around this time! Haven't it not been for him and Mr. Lif, the The Perceptionists, I wouldn't have gotten this far into underground hip hop! And Ruff, funny you would say the same about Ak's condition, DJ Premier said that same thing about him on Live at HeadQCourterz recently! And I'm wondering the same thing as well!! Big Shoutout to Masta Ace and Stricklin who shouted him out at Porto, Portugal!!

Crazy how long you've been listening to him! Mr. Lif has a great voice! Seriously? He doesn't look like he's muscly enough to be messing with the 'roids.

Shout out to Masta Ace too! Just for being Masta Ace haha

Or has a history of health issues in his family relating to the heart. Bad news though. Nate Dogg's was definitely down to weed, I thought?

Pro-wrestling would lead towards the 'roid reason. Hopefully he recovers though as you state.
  • traestar
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I also got into a magazine in which also talked about the Hip Hop Culture
    called Elemental Magazine, and they included articles and interviews with
    this artists, it was a very good book, I've read that from I think 2002 -
    to when they stopped in 2005-2006. I think you can google for some information

http://jumptheturnstyle.com/2009/09/09/remembering-elemental-magazine/
  • traestar
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Reason I mentioned that was because they were incredibly heavy on
    The Perceptionists!! Thats also how I discovered Undergroundhiphop.com,
    Sandbox Automatic, Digital Gravel, Karmaloop, Hip Hop Site, ? this should've
    been out there more!! This could've really changed more people's perspective of
    Hip Hop. Actually I believe the last issues are available on UGHH..com
  • traestar
    edited May 2011
    Options
    BREAKING NEWS:
    @akrobatikmc
    You are all so amazing and I love all of you, so much.
    Thank you all from the bottom my heart for pulling for me.
    I am so blessed.

Ya'll better hit him up!!
  • RuffDraft
    edited May 2011
    Options
    BREAKING NEWS:
    @akrobatikmc
    You are all so amazing and I love all of you, so much.
    Thank you all from the bottom my heart for pulling for me.
    I am so blessed.

Ya'll better hit him up!!

Great news, I never use twitter but I hit him up!!! Props, sounds like he's in a lot of pain but hopefully he'll pull through alright....
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Its great to hear that hes doing well...
  • RuffDraft
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Its great to hear that hes doing well...

Relief, we don't need to lose another one in selfish-terms. But in terms of his health as a person, it's crazy what's happened and I wish him the best because no man needs to be clocking out at that time in their lives.