Fashawn Discusses The Ecology 2011 - One Producer, Attention Spans + More!

Options
RuffDraft
RuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
edited June 2011 in The Essence
[video=vimeo;20934014]

When we talk about albums that could completely rock 2011, I think this is the one that I'm going to be looking towards...

Interesting that he names his best verse as incomparable (Father - 2nd Verse).

Posted below:
Father why everybody complaining bout what they got?
Ungrateful, they don't see what you gave um?
Make a lump sum of money start to thinking they made it
He said if you pay attention to the weather I'm jaded
It could be mid July and I feel like raining
Any day of the year I shed a tear Poppa amazing
One drop could flood the block there's no one greater
And that's why I live in the sky
No lie, I'm fly, defy gravity, I reply damn
It's like you only show yourself to the wise
I know why you won't let me come home
Left me here on my own cause I ain't doing my job so you just letting me roam
He responded "correct" go home to my mom I'm vexed
She the reason for my drama and stress, you seem to love her
Remember though, she the present but I'm forever
Won't be long till you see us together I replied until than...

"I've met the world, I'm no longer a boy, I'm a man."

His next album, given that he hopefully stays with Exile, could (and should) be epic. In my opinion, he has more chemistry than Blu has when working with Exile.

Comments

• andre_1024
    andre_1024 Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Definitely lookin forward to this album!
  • RuffDraft
    edited May 2011
    Options
    andre_1024 wrote: »
    Definitely lookin forward to this album!

Most definitely and I'm checking the album in your sig this weekend too :tu
  • MastaAceTheGOAT
    MastaAceTheGOAT Members Posts: 724
    edited May 2011
    Options
    props for this. will buy this first day. i thought he was talking about doing the whole album with the alchemist in another interview. he also confirmed he had been writing for Detox which i thought was pretty big. hope he stays with exile though.
  • RuffDraft
    edited May 2011
    Options
    props for this. will buy this first day. i thought he was talking about doing the whole album with the alchemist in another interview. he also confirmed he had been writing for Detox which i thought was pretty big. hope he stays with exile though.

Dr. Dre surrounds himself with the best then, no doubt. Working with Kendrick Lamar and Fashawn, it's obvious these artists are crazy talented, if I had the money for a label I'd definitely do everything to make them big with a budget for a nice video and pay to get it on MTV/BET/etc.

Just hope they don't ever sign with Aftermath and stick to the Independent route.

The Alchemist wouldn't work as well as Exile, IMO. What do you think? I don't think I'd like to hear Alchemist's beats with Fashawn, at all.

If Fashawn couldn't be with Exile again, which producer would you want him to work with?
  • stupot0607
    stupot0607 Members Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    RuffDraft wrote: »
    Dr. Dre surrounds himself with the best then, no doubt. Working with Kendrick Lamar and Fashawn, it's obvious these artists are crazy talented, if I had the money for a label I'd definitely do everything to make them big with a budget for a nice video and pay to get it on MTV/BET/etc.

Just hope they don't ever sign with Aftermath and stick to the Independent route.

The Alchemist wouldn't work as well as Exile, IMO. What do you think? I don't think I'd like to hear Alchemist's beats with Fashawn, at all.

If Fashawn couldn't be with Exile again, which producer would you want him to work with?

Co-sign, if they signed with Dre that would be a BAD move. Just ask Ortiz.

I Think Blu has better chemistry on a track with exile if im honest. But Boy Meets World for me was the last debut hip hop album classic. I agree with you saying alchemists beats but i would like to hear him over a couple of Madlib tracks to see how it sounds. Might be hit or miss..... Maybe some MF Doom beats? or some Pete Rock?

The Ecology was his best song IMO, probably song of 2009 for me. i cant wait for this new album. He is madly underated!

Ill Be Copping this as soon as it drops. i copped BMW when it first dropped when i had never heard him, i took a gamble and it paid off haha.
  • RuffDraft
    edited May 2011
    Options
    stupot0607 wrote: »
    Co-sign, if they signed with Dre that would be a BAD move. Just ask Ortiz.

I Think Blu has better chemistry on a track with exile if im honest. But Boy Meets World for me was the last debut hip hop album classic. I agree with you saying alchemists beats but i would like to hear him over a couple of Madlib tracks to see how it sounds. Might be hit or miss..... Maybe some MF Doom beats? or some Pete Rock?

The Ecology was his best song IMO, probably song of 2009 for me. i cant wait for this new album. He is madly underated!

Ill Be Copping this as soon as it drops. i copped BMW when it first dropped when i had never heard him, i took a gamble and it paid off haha.

Yeah, it's beyond me what happens at Majors, if you look at a label like Rhymesayers, they're dropped their artists albums consistently throughout the year... they have creative freedom and it works.

Agreed, BMW is one of the best albums of the 00's and is hopefully a snap shot of what the 10's have in store for us...

Pete Rock's an interesting one! I think I'd go with Kno, he has a production label with Deacon, so technically it's possible... still don't understand why people don't use them more...

The Ecology is a great track!! Father was my favourite though...

Good gamble haha I got it after reading up on it after being interested in hearing of another Exile produced album... it was a no brainer. You could put anyone on an Exile album and they'd shine... and if they didn't, they have no business with a mic!
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Havent heard BMW in a long time i need to get that album back, I personally like Blu/Exile combo more. Exile is an awesome producer tho, i think he can make just about anyone sound good. if Fashawn wasnt gonna do the whole album with Exile i would probably say Apollo Brown or Black Milk should do the beats. I think Fashawn and Apollo would go pretty great together. Madlib is a dope choice too. or Amp Live from Zion I. I wouldnt mind another Exile Produced album tho. the Formula works so why not do it?
  • RuffDraft
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Lou Cypher wrote: »
    Havent heard BMW in a long time i need to get that album back, I personally like Blu/Exile combo more. Exile is an awesome producer tho, i think he can make just about anyone sound good. if Fashawn wasnt gonna do the whole album with Exile i would probably say Apollo Brown or Black Milk should do the beats. I think Fashawn and Apollo would go pretty great together. Madlib is a dope choice too. or Amp Live from Zion I. I wouldnt mind another Exile Produced album tho. the Formula works so why not do it?

Agreed, I think it'd be a strange decision to step away from Exile given the warm receipt of that album by fans.

But it's strange that it's yet to be confirmed. Just as much as it's strange that Blu has decided with NoYork! to step away largely from Exile's production. But we'll see how that decision turns out for him!!

Amp Live is an interesting one though!!