over the limit............

TheBoyRo
TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2011 in Off The Turn Buckle
its halftime and my heat lead be 3 so i decided to come in here but DAMN, i bet no on gives a ? about OTL, i know i dont, dont see no lanks and ?

Comments

• TheBoyRo
    edited May 2011
    i was looking for the thread that someone wrote about miz using a kid in his feud with cena, about miz threatening the kid...................well at OTL tonite, look what happens:

Miz opened a chair and set it on the ropes. He went for the Skull Crushing Finale on the chair, which slipped as they did the move and it looked brutal. Cena refused. Miz said that maybe he needed to ask someone else. Miz went to a fan in the front row and asked him if he wanted to see Cena in any more pain. The fan said no. Miz told him to tell Cena to quit. The fan said never. Miz kept trashing Cena, telling the fan it was his fault.

Miz started trashing the kid, telling him to tell Cena to quit if he ever wanted to see him on Monday Night Raw. The kid told Miz to quit first. I am assuming he is a plant, but either way, he was great. Miz worked over Cena and trapped him in the exposed barrier. Miz told Cena he’s been trapped and beaten, and he’s not going to stop until Cena says that he quit. Cena told Miz that the kids are smarter than Miz.

Miz drilled him with the chair. They stole the Rock-Foley finish and had a tape played of someone saying “I Quit.” It didn’t even really sound like Cena. The announcers came off like idiots, acting like he really had quit.

The referee realized that Riley’s phone had played a clip over the mic and refused to stop the match. Miz argued. The referee played the clip into the mic and said the match would restart right now.

Riley went to nail Cena with the WWE title belt but the champ ducked and Miz ate the belt. Cena hit the AA through a table on Riley, taking him out of the equation. Cena smiled and took his belt off as he waited for Miz to recover. Cena started whipping the hell out of a retreating Miz. Miz tried to go backstage but Cena dragged him back, whipping him and locked on the STF. Miz quit immediately.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    edited May 2011
    damn i gotta watch the replay OTTB is dead B...
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    HAHA mad predictable results cuz
  • DOPEdweebz
    edited May 2011
  • ShencotheMC
    edited May 2011
    KingGivBiz wrote: »

? everything predicted to happen DID happen
  • DOPEdweebz
    edited May 2011
    TheBoyRo wrote: »
    i was looking for the thread that someone wrote about miz using a kid in his feud with cena, about miz threatening the kid...................well at OTL tonite, look what happens:

Miz opened a chair and set it on the ropes. He went for the Skull Crushing Finale on the chair, which slipped as they did the move and it looked brutal. Cena refused. Miz said that maybe he needed to ask someone else. Miz went to a fan in the front row and asked him if he wanted to see Cena in any more pain. The fan said no. Miz told him to tell Cena to quit. The fan said never. Miz kept trashing Cena, telling the fan it was his fault.

Miz started trashing the kid, telling him to tell Cena to quit if he ever wanted to see him on Monday Night Raw. The kid told Miz to quit first. I am assuming he is a plant, but either way, he was great. Miz worked over Cena and trapped him in the exposed barrier. Miz told Cena he’s been trapped and beaten, and he’s not going to stop until Cena says that he quit. Cena told Miz that the kids are smarter than Miz.

Miz drilled him with the chair. They stole the Rock-Foley finish and had a tape played of someone saying “I Quit.” It didn’t even really sound like Cena. The announcers came off like idiots, acting like he really had quit.

The referee realized that Riley’s phone had played a clip over the mic and refused to stop the match. Miz argued. The referee played the clip into the mic and said the match would restart right now.

Riley went to nail Cena with the WWE title belt but the champ ducked and Miz ate the belt. Cena hit the AA through a table on Riley, taking him out of the equation. Cena smiled and took his belt off as he waited for Miz to recover. Cena started whipping the hell out of a retreating Miz. Miz tried to go backstage but Cena dragged him back, whipping him and locked on the STF. Miz quit immediately.

Ty bro. Seriously you should do a play by play of each match assuming YOUU wrote all that by yaself. I'd pay you...
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    jooooooooooooooooooooooooohn ceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeneaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    They just ruined the Miz, after beating the hell out of Cena for over 20 minutes they have Cena make the come back and force the Miz to quit after only 2 seconds in a submission
  • Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    They just ruined the Miz, after beating the hell out of Cena for over 20 minutes they have Cena make the come back and force the Miz to quit after only 2 seconds in a submission

Isn't that what they do with everyone they build up to face Cena and lose?

They build guys up, even give them championships (not that those matter anymore), then when it comes time for their feud/match with Cena, they often get left looking stupid in the end, thus killing all the "effort" put into building the guy up.

They did the same thing to Muhammad Hassan before he got moved to Smackdown. He was a uber threat on RAW (I think he lost 1 or 2 matches up to that point (1 to HHH, the other I can't remember), but dominated everyone in his path), then got in the ring with Cena and was made to be a jobber. Match lasted all of 2-3 minutes.

They build Cena to be this push killer. If you got steam, pray you don't get into the ring with him because he's going to slow you down. No one that I can remember has benefited from a John Cena feud.
  • ShencotheMC
    edited May 2011
    Mally_G wrote: »
    Isn't that what they do with everyone they build up to face Cena and lose?

They build guys up, even give them championships (not that those matter anymore), then when it comes time for their feud/match with Cena, they often get left looking stupid in the end, thus killing all the "effort" put into building the guy up.

They did the same thing to Muhammad Hassan before he got moved to Smackdown. He was a uber threat on RAW (I think he lost 1 or 2 matches up to that point (1 to HHH, the other I can't remember), but dominated everyone in his path), then got in the ring with Cena and was made to be a jobber. Match lasted all of 2-3 minutes.

They build Cena to be this push killer. If you got steam, pray you don't get into the ring with him because he's going to slow you down. No one that I can remember has benefited from a John Cena feud.

The thing that kills me about that, is... I know Cena is all about the company, but does he even consider like giving some other cats a push to change things up? Like I know if I was champ as much as him I'd want to have some time as NOT the champ every once in a while
  • TheBoyRo
    edited May 2011
    KingGivBiz wrote: »
    Ty bro. Seriously you should do a play by play of each match assuming YOUU wrote all that by yaself. I'd pay you...

nah i didnt write this, i got this from pwinsider.com, but i think i would be a great commentatorthough
  • Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    shenco wrote: »
    The thing that kills me about that, is... I know Cena is all about the company, but does he even consider like giving some other cats a push to change things up? Like I know if I was champ as much as him I'd want to have some time as NOT the champ every once in a while

I'm pretty sure that some of these dudes have pull enough to veto a title switch or win for another guy. Like when Christian dropped the title to Orton after holding it for a night (5 nights in WWE time), if Orton has any power, I would have been like "let him hold it for a while and let me chase him, lets make it interesting". Instead, they came up with the swift solution of the fans selecting who gets the title shot. And considering who was listed along with Orton, that was a shue in that he was going to get the fans approval. But before any of that went down, he could have spoke up and threw another idea out there instead of just taking the title.

I know the angles and storylines are scripted ahead of time, but it won't hurt to veer off the beaten path for the sake of preserving the integrity of the title, saving the guy who's slated to lose the belt from embarrassment, and to create a long lasting story; which if the writers knew what they are doing, they could incorporate the revision of storyline into the original, making it stretch out and last just a while longer, creating a build and additional interaction between champion and challenger.

But the WWE is crash television, where everything needs to happen now so they can move on to the next. That's why I say it hurts to have so many shows on television. If they spread the events out, it gives the fans the opportunity to anticipate something special with an excellent payoff, as well as for the writers to come up with in-depth stories.
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    edited May 2011

smfh, cosign...? was ridiculous.

but nothing else could have been expected for Super Cena.

le sigh, back to midcard for the best heel (currently) in the wwe.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited May 2011
    And still wwe championnnnnn hulk hogan 2.o
  • TheBoyRo
    edited May 2011
    fan report

I was front row at Over The Limit, out here in Seattle, WA. Pretty packed house in the Key Arena. Only about 100 or so empty seats in the whole building which holds about 10,000.

The dark match for Over The Limit was Drew McIntyre vs Daniel Bryan (who got a HUGE ovation!!)

Tons of "Daniel Bryan" and "Welcome home" chants for the home town boy Mr.Bryan. Crowd was red hot all night. Alot of back and forth action until Bryan hit the submission move for the win.

Booker T comes out to a big ovation, but no spin-a-roonie which sucked.

Josh Matthews is out next and nobody cared.

Michael Cole comes out to no music and is booed like crazy.

Jerry Lawler comes out to a huge ovation.

A photo of Macho Man came on the big screen which got a HUGE ovation and the arena was filled and I mean FILLED with Macho Man signs which was really awesome. People were dressed up as Macho Man, and everywhere you looked there were tons and tons of Macho Man signs. The arena was full of a mixture between Macho Man signs and Zack Ryder signs (which were being taken away. I'll get to that later) A huge "Macho Man" chant broke out in the Key Arena throughout the entire PPV.

R-Truth came out. The crowed ate it up and booed him like crazy. He was way over in Seattle (in a heel way).

Rey Mysterio came out and basically alot of little kids were screaming for him and alot of adults (myself included) were booing him. It was a pretty solid match with R-Truth getting the win, and getting some cheers. When Rey was leaving the majority of the arena was booing Rey. I heard some little kid behind me ask his dad "Why is Rey getting booed?" and his dad said back "Because he sucks!" haha.

After the match I was yelled at Justin Roberts and gave him a thumbs up and he said "Shut your mouth" haha.

I talked to all the refs who went out there. They were all really cool. Especially lil' naitch.

Wade Barrette and Big Zeke got no reaction. I made Wade laugh when he was standing by the ring steps. I yelled out "Yeah, Wade WHOOO" and he let out a chuckle.

Big Zeke got no reaction, as nobody cared. The crowd was leaving to go take a leak. Lots of "boring" chants and a "Macho Man" and even a "We Want Ryder" chant broke out during the match. After the match the camera man had the 3 of them stand together watching the titontron, but it didn't make it on, so the cameraman had to do it again. Once out of the ring I yelled out "JUSTIN!" and he looked over and I said "How's Kelly Kelly" and he just kept walkin' lol.

Sin Cara got little to no ovation. Chavo got a bigger reaction than he did. The crowd was into the match tho. Alot of good spots and alot of "oohs and ahhs" from everybody. The finish sucked as it was a botch. Chavo rolled out of the ring after the match holding his right knee and the referee held up the "X" so take that for what you will.

After the match the camera man tried to get Sin Cara's attention to pay attention to the replay footage on the screen 3 times. First time he was on the turnbuckle which didn't make it on TV, second time he was leaning on the ropes which again didn't make it on, and the 3rd time he was standing outside the ring apron with his arms up which finally made it on TV.

Once he jumped down you can hear me yell out "MISTICO!" and he turns and looks and comes over and high fives me. Just look for the big fat guy in the white hoodie, lol.

Alberto Del Rio's personal ring announcer was in the ring and when he was walking into the ring I yelled out "Yeah, Rico, WHOO!" and he slapped my hand. Then inside the ring I kept yelling at him to get his attention and he looked over and put his finger over his lips telling me to be quiet. I talked to him after the PPV, he was a really cool guy.

Alot of Del Rio fans in Seattle. His promo went on for way to long tho. Big Show & Kane came out to a good reaction from the crowd. CM Punk & Mason Ryan came out and people were only cheering for Punk.

During the match a huge "Batista" chant broke out, as did a "CM Punk" chant.

Brie Bella and Kelly Kelly both got solid reactions. I was a little upset to not see Kharma there. The Bella's are way hotter in person. Solid bout all around. Guys didn't care who won, they were just happy about the eye candy.

When the ref came out I yelled out "Little ? !!" and he came over and gave me a fist pump, lol.

Christian got one of the biggest ovations of the night. Randy Orton got a good ovation but was also full of lots of boo's. There were far more Peeps in the crowd then there were Orton fans.

The referee for that match (I forgot his name) but he lost his job not that long ago. He was standing by me, and I said "Hey man, congrats on getting your job back" and he came over to me and said "Thanks... the person who is happier than me is probably my wife" and I congratulated him again. Awesome guy.

Solid match, and the crowd was into it the whole time. Lots of "Orton Sucks" chants and "Lets Go Christian" People were ? when Orton won the match. After the match, the referee came up to me and said "That stole the show right there. Nobody can top that." I said "Yeah, especially since John Cena is main eventing. He hasn't been able to top anything in years." and the ref tried not to laugh and I bumped his arm and said "You know what I'm talkin about" and he laughed and nodded and said "have a good one, buddy" and went backstage. After the match, Orton was getting alot of heat from the crowd. Don't get me wrong there were alot of RKO fans in the crowd, but people were more interested in seeing Christian win as Christian was WAY over.

People were also complaining at the concession stand that there were no Christian T-Shirts. People were looking for Christian shirts yet WWE was selling nada.

During the match that is when Zack Ryder signs started getting taken away. I saw "Ryder or Riot", "Ryder = Ratings", "I paid to see Zack Ryder", "Ryder 3:16", "Woo Woo Woo Push Ryder!", "Save Us Zack Ryder" all get taken away. Why? I have no idea.

Jerry Lawler once again got a helluva reaction from the crowd. Michael Cole got the most heat of the night. Crowd was very into the match as huge "JERRY, JERRY, JERRY" chants kept breaking out. Eve got an OK reaction. People didn't really care. Jim Ross got a huge ovation like always. Always awesome to see Good Ol' JR. When Cole was walking up the ramp and King was calling out for somebody everybody was expecting Jack Swagger to come out. When Bret Hart's music played the roof almost blew off of the Key Arena. I haven't heard an ovation that loud since WWE was in Seattle for No Way Out and Shawn Michaels came out. Bret Hart EASILY had the best ovation of the night. The crowed was deafening. I watched it back on TV and it didn't do it justice what so ever for what it was like inside that building. The crowed got even louder when Bret threw on the sharpshooter. What an exciting moment and made the whole event worth it just to see Bret.

After the match Bret was walking around and high fiving everybody and he shook my hand and I said "Thanks for everything, Bret" and he said "Thank you" and I said "Owen needs to be in the HOF!" and he said "I agree. But not while Diana is around" and kept going. Jim Ross came out and high fived people and I said "You need to get back to the broadcast booth" and he just said "I would, but it's not my call." which is to bad.

The Miz basically got NO reaction from the crowed. John Cena had the little kids going crazy, and had his share of boo's as well, tho. The crowed wasn't even into the match. It was a very boring match. Christian vs Orton should have been the ME. Before the match started security brought the little kid who The Miz was talking trash too to the front row. After the match, security brought the kid backstage. Maybe a wrestlers son? I dunno.

The usual "Lets Go Cena - Cena Sucks" chants broke out. When The Miz "won" he got no reaction because nobody had any idea what was going on. When John Cena started making his usual lame ass come back everybody started to boo. People were so bored with the match that half way through people were leaving. Once Cena won people were leaving right away. Not many people stayed around to see him leave.

When the cameras went off nothing special happened. Charles Robinson came down to take apart the ring. I asked him if he still does the "strut" and he said "I strut all the time". I told him the Cena match was garbage and he laughed and a ring crew member said "It sucked. Definitely should not have been the main event." somebody asked the ring crew guy "Why isn't Zack Ryder getting pushed?" and he fired back saying "Because he wont be around for much longer" so take that for what it is.

Jack Doane came out to help take apart the ring, and he shot the ? with me for a few minutes. He was awesome. He remembered me from a few years ago. I asked him why the hell isn't Vince pushing Christian and he said "I dunno, but it's a shame"

Justin Roberts came over to me after the show and shook my hand and talked to me for a bit.

After the event everybody was watching the wrestlers leave and on the side walk standing there by himself was Rajah Singh or whatever his name is. I talked to him for a while. Nicest guy you could ever meet. Really small guy too. When I saw him I said "Oh ? , what's up man?!" and he said "Damn, somebody actually reconized me!" but he said it in the way where he was happy that somebody reconized him. And he asked me if I wanted an autograph and a picture with him. He was really awesome.