Just accept the fact that Cena is the new Hogan

2»

Comments

• DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    edited May 2011
    i dunno maybe it was on Tuesday Night Titans who knows, there's alot of things we don't remember about people early in their careers... just stating the facts.
  • @My_nameaintearl
    @My_nameaintearl Banned Users Posts: 2,609 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    id say hulksters is less

fishermans suplex, f-u, stf, runnin flippin facebuster ? , and fist drop>>>>>big boot, lame ass leg drop....

First of all, are we talking about both guys in the prime of their careers or 2011 Cena vs. 2011 Hulk?

Second, you just listed Cena's "Five Moves of Doom." It's the same sequence he uses to end EVERY MATCH, usually after getting beat up by the heel the entire time before. Same five moves, same order, every time. Then he doesn't sell any of the offense the heel used. You could hit him with a truck and he'd be at the next show with zero signs of injury, cutting a boring promo about "That truck couldn't C me. Buy my new hat, kids."
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    right cena is no mat technician either, but id take him over hogan, and we're definitely not talkin 2011 hogan cuz if he gets back in the ring im turning the channel..

what offense has hogan provided, what classic matches has he put on other than the one where he "slammed" the big guy...even people in the business say he never was that good at what he did, he just had the it factor when it came to entertainment..
  • @My_nameaintearl
    @My_nameaintearl Banned Users Posts: 2,609 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Cena got classics now? Word? Never heard of one.

Hogan in his prime was more technically sound than Cena simply by virtue of having learned how to work in the territory system and in Japan. Cena knows nothing but the patented WWE style. Hogan is an old school carny rassler. Even late in his career, he knew how to work different audiences.

And he does the meanest back-rake in the industry, brother.
  • Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    i hated Hogan back as a kid. Even then, I found it impossible for someone to win ALL THE TIME. The only time Hogan was ever vulnerable was when [INSERT FAT FOE] sat on his chest and made him cough and shake until he got helped out of the ring. Hogan's storyline leading up to his main event matches were all the same.

Even The Ultimate Warrior took L's and he was supposed to be a "? " or a warrior of some ? . My cousin went to see WrestleMania 6 on closed circuit at the Capital Centre and he came back sad because he was a Hogan fan. So when Warrior beat Hogan I was happy as ? ; like FINALLY, the ? lost and clean to. I asked him did Warrior bench press him and all that, he was like "yeah", I was like "YES".

So when Vince saw $$ in Cena years ago, it was written that he'd usher in some sort of Hulkamania era in the WWE. It may not be as huge, globally, like Hulkamania was, but the effect is still there. Cena may even take more L's than Hogan has, only because there's more television for him to wrestle on and if he doesn't wrestle, the ratings drop. But it doesn't matter when it all comes back to him anyway. And the way Cena "hulks" out a win is totally disgusting. The way he wins makes his opponent look totally weak. How can he get beat on and held down for 90% of the match, and the opponent just can't put him away? Then he comes back with his flurry of punches, whip to the ropes, a couple diving shoulder tackles, that half spinning angle slam, 5 knuckle shuffle, then sets up the Attitude Adjustment. His set up for the finish is only 5 moves; everything he does before then is simply kick and punch. There's nothing special about Cena's moveset. Nothing devastating or awe inspiring. So how can his opponents throw everything at him, including the kitchen sink, and possibly a finisher on a foreign object, and he still survives; but he hits those silly little set up moves and wins?
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    edited May 2011
    no cena aint got classics either, but id definitely rather watch him in the ring than hogan, hogan is a character, ive never seen a hogan match id call above average, at least cena can do that from time to time even if it is in the wwe style
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    edited May 2011
    dont get me wrong, super cena is ? disgusting.. and i was a fan when cena was a heel...
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Cena will never bring in as much money as the Rock or Steve,FACT.? the show where the Rock came back had more views than any show that Cena has headlined.Even I checked it out for a few minutes and I have not watched wrestling for damn near 10 years.
  • lovelycreation
    lovelycreation Members Posts: 1,765
    edited May 2011
    Fake ass wrestling! ? yourself!
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    right cena is no mat technician either, but id take him over hogan, and we're definitely not talkin 2011 hogan cuz if he gets back in the ring im turning the channel..

what offense has hogan provided, what classic matches has he put on other than the one where he "slammed" the big guy...even people in the business say he never was that good at what he did, he just had the it factor when it came to entertainment..

That's the point,Hogan was more entertaining so he got by without the ring work.Cena is garbage in the ring and on the mic.Cena is just pushed by the brand where as Hogan help make the brand popular and was chosen by the fans.
  • SoutCity
    SoutCity Members Posts: 1,901 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Mally_G wrote: »
    i hated Hogan back as a kid. Even then, I found it impossible for someone to win ALL THE TIME. The only time Hogan was ever vulnerable was when [INSERT FAT FOE] sat on his chest and made him cough and shake until he got helped out of the ring. Hogan's storyline leading up to his main event matches were all the same.

Even The Ultimate Warrior took L's and he was supposed to be a "? " or a warrior of some ? . My cousin went to see WrestleMania 6 on closed circuit at the Capital Centre and he came back sad because he was a Hogan fan. So when Warrior beat Hogan I was happy as ? ; like FINALLY, the ? lost and clean to. I asked him did Warrior bench press him and all that, he was like "yeah", I was like "YES".

So when Vince saw $$ in Cena years ago, it was written that he'd usher in some sort of Hulkamania era in the WWE. It may not be as huge, globally, like Hulkamania was, but the effect is still there. Cena may even take more L's than Hogan has, only because there's more television for him to wrestle on and if he doesn't wrestle, the ratings drop. But it doesn't matter when it all comes back to him anyway. And the way Cena "hulks" out a win is totally disgusting. The way he wins makes his opponent look totally weak. How can he get beat on and held down for 90% of the match, and the opponent just can't put him away? Then he comes back with his flurry of punches, whip to the ropes, a couple diving shoulder tackles, that half spinning angle slam, 5 knuckle shuffle, then sets up the Attitude Adjustment. His set up for the finish is only 5 moves; everything he does before then is simply kick and punch. There's nothing special about Cena's moveset. Nothing devastating or awe inspiring. So how can his opponents throw everything at him, including the kitchen sink, and possibly a finisher on a foreign object, and he still survives; but he hits those silly little set up moves and wins?

I cried after that match.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    edited May 2011
    i mean we all know Cena isn't Hogan WCAA ... but I don't think thats the threadstarter's point... he was just making an obvious comparison that I feel most agree with... I don't even know why we are still arguing on this topic...