Minecraft Launching on the Xperia Play

Options
joshuaboy
joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2011 in IllGaming
PC port to debut first on the first PlayStation Certified phone.

Get ready to take your addiction on the road because Minecraft is headed to the PlayStation Phone.

Indie developer Majong has told Gamasutra that the popular mining/crafting/zombie game is going to be launching exclusively on the Sony Xperia Play. Development for Apple iOS and other Android devices is under way, but they'll have to wait a little longer to join in on the fun.

sony-xperia-play-20110525095103049-000.jpg

Porting Minecraft to the Xperia Play allows Majong to utilize the PlayStation-style button layout to adapt the keyboard and mouse controls found on the PC version of the game. Touch controls will eventually be in place when the game hits other devices.

The mobile version will not be a direct copy of its computer counterpart, but instead is being developed specifically for the mobile platform. Busy working on the PC version of Minecraft, Markus "Notch" Persson is passing the reins to Aron Neiminen and Jens Bergensten for development.

A price and release date for the mobile version of Minecraft have not been announced, although a Minecraft-themed event will be held at E3 on June 7.

The Sony Xperia Play will be available starting May 26 for $200 with a two-year contract on Verizon. In the meantime, get a sneak peek at what you can expect when the PlayStation Certified phone comes out tomorrow.

Comments

• earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    wtf is taht game even about
  • phantom0900
    phantom0900 Members Posts: 1,313 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    i got the regular xperia x10 from AT&T back in fall, and these ? stopped supporting it about 2 months later. No updates, I'm technically still supposed to be runnin 2.1 droid on it. ? ? me off, i gotta get the bootlegg updates from europe and taiwan :(

? this spotlight stealin phone.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    wtf is taht game even about

Basically what the name states, Minecraft = mining and crafting. It's actually an addicting game to me, I bought it and I still play it. Graphics don't meet today's graphics at all, here is Minecraft..

That's really the gist of it, mine certain things to build or make out of. It's actually pretty damn cool wtf you can create, not just by crafting in your craft box but the imagination of what you can build with everything. From houses, to castles, to floating ships, to ships, to huge space ships to the "Star Enterprise" from Star Trek (if that's not the name ? it, I don't watch that show)

It's crazy addicting. It has challenges as well, you can achieve achievements. There is zombies, spiders, creepers and ? that attack you in dark caves/caverns. Look up more on youtube if you want to see a lot more.
  • VIBE
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I tried putting a lava moat around my house, a wooden house and lost it all lol
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    lol this ? looks woat
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    psp homebrew version has been out for a minute.
  • VIBE
    edited May 2011
    Options
    lol this ? looks woat

There's "texture packs" in which you can change the look, this is what I'm using called "Bordercraft" which is supposed to try to resemble "Borderlands"...