How the hell Is Ross Better Than Biggie?

12346»

Comments

• thesynthesis
    thesynthesis Members Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    If Ross was from NY these ? wud label him the greatest

Ross puttin on more eastcoast rappers than eastcoast rappers
  • garv
    garv Confirm Email Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Rey ? wrote: »
    IMHO...YES

I hate that I have to put a preselected group of rappers in my Top 5 that I dont even listen to because if I don't, I'm being blasphemous to Hip Hop. I listen to Ross & resonate more with his music than Biggie's. I enjoyed "Deeper than Rap" more than any Biggie record. And dont try me....my hip hop knowledgebase is extremely thorough & extensive.

Good post............
  • garv
    garv Confirm Email Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    If Ross was from NY these ? wud label him the greatest

Ross puttin on more eastcoast rappers than eastcoast rappers

What does this have to do with the quality of his music?
  • thefabmd2dc
    thefabmd2dc Members Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Rick Ross made some good songs
    I mean hes not complete garbage
  • Supreme_Mind999
    Supreme_Mind999 Members Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Lmao @ this uncle tommy ?

Having a dead president tatted on you still dont hide the fact that GEORGE WASHINGTON was a slave owner and breeder

Ether for ross
  • StillDreaming
    StillDreaming Members Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    This is laughable.

I listen to a fair amount of Ross and his verses arent as tight as people on the IC make them out to be.

And neither is Biggie. ? posted Give Me The Loot like that's supposed to be the pinnacle of lyricism........Lupe Fiasco Gold Watch is better than that ? . Nobody is claiming Ross is the best rapper that ever lived, but its hilarious that all the negatives y'all attribute to Ross can also apply to Biggie. Curious question, what exactly has Ross rapped about that Biggie has not? Y'all ? acting like Biggie is as diverse as Nas or something.

Ross is what Biggie MAY HAVE become had he lived long enough, but he didn't therefore Ross>>>>
  • ustreet_monsta
    ustreet_monsta Members Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    And neither is Biggie. ? posted Give Me The Loot like that's supposed to be the pinnacle of lyricism........Lupe Fiasco Gold Watch is better than that ? . Nobody is claiming Ross is the best rapper that ever lived, but its hilarious that all the negatives y'all attribute to Ross can also apply to Biggie. Curious question, what exactly has Ross rapped about that Biggie has not? Y'all ? acting like Biggie is as diverse as Nas or something.

Ross is what Biggie MAY HAVE become had he lived long enough, but he didn't therefore Ross>>>>

I'm not dissing Ross. I just think Big was more of the complete package as an emcee. Big had lyrics, charisma, flow, and delivery. You could take almost every verse he spit and chop it up into samples and build songs around it off the strength of his voice and how the words were put together. Big was legit on the mic regardless of what he was rapping about.

As an emcee I don't feel Ross on that level even though he makes a lot of (formulaic) dope sounding music.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    I'm not dissing Ross. I just think Big was more of the complete package as an emcee. Big had lyrics, charisma, flow, and delivery. You could take almost every verse he spit and chop it up into samples and build songs around it off the strength of his voice and how the words were put together. Big was legit on the mic regardless of what he was rapping about.

As an emcee I don't feel Ross on that level even though he makes a lot of (formulaic) dope sounding music.

^^^ What he said......
  • Guns
    Guns Confirm Email Posts: 1,504 ✭✭
    edited June 2011
    rick ross is better
  • TheFix
    TheFix Members Posts: 778 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    This whole damn thread is blasphemy. Who shot ya is better than ross' entire collection. And i'm not exaggerating. Ross ain't ever blacked out on a track like Big did on Victory, or had a song as thoro as 10 ? commandments, come to think of it. Ross' gotta go see ghostface before he can even get an appointment with BIG, This ? literally brought the east coast back to life. Get the ? outta here.
  • baller2500
    baller2500 Members Posts: 193
    edited June 2011
    we cant even make a fair comparison.. Rick ross has been in the rap game longer and has WAYY more material to compare than Biggie's.

But quality over quanity

Big>>Ross

Ross just has good ear for beats and great hooks. I never thought he was a great lyricist. He's decent though