Best All-Time Players Without An NBA Title

Options
2»

Comments

• Coo Coo Cal's Beanie
    Coo Coo Cal's Beanie Members Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Nash is a better shooter, scorer, and finisher at the rim, better handles too. Kidd has better Vision/passer, not by alot. Nash runs better offenses the Kidd.

Rose is an avg defender, but his team could live with tha because they were the best defensive and rebounding team in the league.

Nash won 2 less games then amare in the western coference this year ina rebuilding situation with 98 year old grant hill as his second best players. If he was in the east they'd be in the playoffs....
    2 less games? they won 54 last year. won 40 this year. What are u talkin about?
    I never said all positions don't matter, I said they all are weighted differently in terms of importance. Mike Bibby is an atrocious defender...

Heat in the NBA finals.......
    we have chalmers playin when we need stops. Bibby dont see the floor in the 4th qtr
  • Mvpbrodie93
    Mvpbrodie93 Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    2 less games? they won 54 last year. won 40 this year. What are u talkin about?

we have chalmers playin when we need stops. Bibby dont see the floor in the 4th qtr
    2 less games then Knicks
  • Mvpbrodie93
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Bobby is the starting point on an Future NBA championship team. Lol @ PG defense
  • Coo Coo Cal's Beanie
    edited May 2011
    Options
    2 less games then Knicks
    After they traded away half their team and lost all chemistry midseason?
  • Mvpbrodie93
    edited May 2011
    Options
    After they traded away half their team and lost all chemistry midseason?

They were treading water before the trade...
  • one_manshow
    one_manshow Members Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Magic Johnson

dont have another. Easy to do when ur team is stacked and u play in a system that inflates stats

Point guards job is to make those around him better and facilitate the team KJ did that and also played defense.

What is exactly is your point? The Suns squad Nash had during those MVP awards were just as good.

KJs consistency>>>>
  • Coo Coo Cal's Beanie
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Point guards job is to make those around him better and facilitate the team KJ did that and also played defense.

What is exactly is your point? The Suns squad Nash had during those MVP awards were just as good.

KJs consistency>>>>
    lol you misunderstood my post. Kidd is the best PG in suns history. KJ is 2nd. Nash is 3rd
  • OFWGKTA
    OFWGKTA Banned Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    1. allen iverson
    2. charles barkley
    3. steve nash
    4. j kidd
    5.patrick ewing
    6. dirk
    7. pete maravich
  • OFWGKTA
    edited May 2011
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    16.Bernard King
    (1977-93)
    The former scoring champion (and notable Hall of Fame snub to many) won one playoff series in his career (during which he lost nearly two full seasons of his prime to a knee injury). King's Knicks memorably lost in seven games to eventual champion Boston in the 1984 Eastern Conference semifinals.

17.Dave Bing
    (1966-78)
    The former Pistons guard couldn't deliver a title to Detroit, where he's now the mayor, but he did win Rookie of the Year and All-Star MVP in his Hall of Fame career.

18.Nate Thurmond
    (1963-77)
    Thurmond made the Finals twice but had the misfortune of meeting Bill Russell's Celtics and Wilt Chamberlain's 76ers in those series. The Warriors traded the rebounding and defensive ace the year before they won the 1975 title.

19.Sidney Moncrief
    (1979-91)
    The two-time Defensive Player of the Year won division titles in his first seven years with Milwaukee but that regular-season success never translated into a single Finals berth.

20.Vince Carter
    (1998-present)
    The knock on the explosive scorer and perennial All-Star has always been his teams' lack of playoff success. Carter had a chance to redefine his reputation with the Magic in the 2010 playoffs but struggled in a conference-finals loss to Boston. Orlando traded Carter to Phoenix early in the 2010-11 season.

21.Chris Webber
    (1993-2008)
    If only Webber's Kings had gotten past the Lakers in the controversial 2002 Western Conference finals -- surely Sacramento could have dominated the Nets in the Finals like L.A. did. In fact, Webber played on four 55-win teams with the Kings without a Finals appearance to show for it. Webber's crunch-time shortcomings have led to much debate surrounding his Hall of Fame candidacy.

22.Reggie Miller
    (1987-2005)
    One of the league's great shooters had several signature playoff moments, many against the Knicks, and he made the playoffs 15 times in an 18-year career, all with the Pacers. But his only trip to the Finals came in 2000, when the Pacers lost to the Lakers in the first of L.A's three consecutive titles.

smh@ reggie miller bing number 22.? with that
  • Coo Coo Cal's Beanie
    edited May 2011
    Options
    OFWGKTA wrote: »
    1. allen iverson
    2. charles barkley
    3. steve nash
    4. j kidd
    5.patrick ewing
    6. dirk
    7. pete maravich
    LOL no

And reggie being #22 is actually right. Go look at the numbers
  • OFWGKTA
    edited May 2011
    Options
    LOL no

And reggie being #22 is actually right. Go look at the numbers

? the numbers. the game is more then just numbers. dude was 1st all time for 3 pointers made till this year. was super clutch. mentally tough. worked hard. one of the few that would go back and forth with mike.

my list is better then the t/s.
    allen iverson is top 20 to ever touch a basketball. people forget how nice dude was.
  • one_manshow
    edited May 2011
    Options
    lol you misunderstood my post. Kidd is the best PG in suns history. KJ is 2nd. Nash is 3rd

How is Kidd better than Johnson and Nash as Sun when he averaged 10 assists only twice? (one of the years was a lockout season with 50 games) He never shot better than 45% from the field while on the Suns EVER.

r75def.gif

Like I said KJ is the best Suns PG ever you can debate #2 and #3 but like I previously mentioned 20 and 10 for three seasons with 50% shooting speaks volumes. Pull up some of those 90s classics and footage then holla at me.
  • OFWGKTA
    edited May 2011
    Options
    How is Kidd better than Johnson and Nash as Sun when he averaged 10 assists only twice? (one of the years was a lockout season with 50 games) He never shot better than 45% from the field while on the Suns EVER.

r75def.gif

Like I said KJ is the best Suns PG ever you can debate #2 and #3 but like I previously mentioned 20 and 10 for three seasons with 50% shooting speaks volumes. Pull up some of those 90s classics and footage then holla at me.

how many mvp's does KJ have? Nash has 2.
  • Coo Coo Cal's Beanie
    edited May 2011
    Options
    OFWGKTA wrote: »
    ? the numbers. the game is more then just numbers. dude was 1st all time for 3 pointers made till this year. was super clutch. mentally tough. worked hard. one of the few that would go back and forth with mike.

my list is better then the t/s.
    allen iverson is top 20 to ever touch a basketball. people forget how nice dude was.
    ? how u gone say someone is great and then say ? the numbers? no point in debating wit you, you sonned yourself

r75def.gif

Kidd was winning in Phx with bums. Shawn Marion was the only ? on that team that could get his own shot. Nash had allstars and was constantly getting knocked out by San Antonio.
  • one_manshow
    edited May 2011
    Options
    *chuckles* @ this 19 year old saying Kidd was a Sun better than KJ and Nash I'm done with you.

That ends the debate here...
  • OFWGKTA
    edited May 2011
    Options
    ? how u gone say someone is great and then say ? the numbers? no point in debating wit you, you sonned yourself

Kidd was winning in Phx with bums. Shawn Marion was the only ? on that team that could get his own shot. Nash had allstars and was constantly getting knocked out by San Antonio.

im not saying numbers dont mean anything. im saying ? the numbers. ? different.
    watch some tape of reggie. then come back to me.
  • Mvpbrodie93
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Nash is definitely the best pg in suns history
  • Coo Coo Cal's Beanie
    edited May 2011
    Options
    LOL @ 19. I guess i turned back the clock
  • peacetothereal1
    peacetothereal1 Members Posts: 138
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Magic Johnson

dont have another. Easy to do when ur team is stacked and u play in a system that inflates stats

Lol @ team is stacked. Who the ? that wins the chip's team isn't stacked. Except maybe the 04 Pistons and the 06 Heat (and even those teams were stacked considering the way those players were playing at the time) ? . WHO!?!?!

Please stop saying that.
    So when a player plays with good players his team is stacked and that subtracts from how good he is. oooohhhh okay.
    When a player is great and plays with a bunch of wack players he is Lebron in cleveland, Shaq in Orlando, Rose in chicago, Dwight in Orland, or in other words a ? with NO RINGS.

Your team is supposed to be stacked...that's how you win.
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    How the ? is Nash better than Jason Kidd and Allen Iverson?
  • Mvpbrodie93
    edited May 2011
    Options
    The 2003 Spurs weren't stacked.

Young parker/ginobli
    End of the line drob
    Inconsistent Stephen jackson

Lol @ team is stacked. Who the ? that wins the chip's team isn't stacked. Except maybe the 04 Pistons and the 06 Heat (and even those teams were stacked considering the way those players were playing at the time) ? . WHO!?!?!

Please stop saying that.
    So when a player plays with good players his team is stacked and that subtracts from how good he is. oooohhhh okay.
    When a player is great and plays with a bunch of wack players he is Lebron in cleveland, Shaq in Orlando, Rose in chicago, Dwight in Orland, or in other words a ? with NO RINGS.

• Mvpbrodie93
    edited May 2011
    Options
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    How the ? is Nash better than Jason Kidd and Allen Iverson?

Hes a better offensive player then both of them.
    (waits for " but but they took there team to the finals") in the weakest era in ECF history
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Hes a better offensive player then both of them.
    (waits for " but but they took there team to the finals") in the weakest era in ECF history

Huh???????? Nash is a better offensive player than Iverson??

The only thing Nash is better than Jason Kidd is jumpers... Kidd is a waaay better all around player.
  • Mvpbrodie93
    edited May 2011
    Options
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    Huh???????? Nash is a better offensive player than Iverson??

The only thing Nash is better than Jason Kidd is jumpers... Kidd is a waaay better all around player.

The problem with u guys is u see high scoring averages and automatically think someone is a better offensive player because of that. Ai was great scorer but he had to take SO many shots to get those points which really hurt the teams he was on.(except for the 01' sixers which had a great defensive to bail him out)
    Nash is a VASTLY superior shooter and passer then iverson ever was makes, makes all those around him better and isn't a black hole on offense.
    Nash is a better shooter/scorer/Finisher at the rim/runs better offenses/ and better at the pick n roll then kidd ever was
  • Coo Coo Cal's Beanie
    edited May 2011
    Options

Please stop saying that.

Hakeem did it twice without a stacked team