What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

To Those Who Know Who He Is.... Is Childish Gambino Really That Nice?

KameKame Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2011 in The Reason
aka Donald Glover from Community...dude raps as a side project. ive heard some stuff... its aiight but it seems people only like dude cause he on their favorite tv show..
^^he gets points for rapping over grizzly bear though

id like to give a mixtape a shot...so anyone wanna drop some suggestions for his best one?
r1jvo9.jpg

TURBOZONE-BEST-SIG-EVER-50.gif

Replies

• KameKame Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Im liking that track in the middle a bit..........
    r1jvo9.jpg

edited May 2011
    so no one huh?
    r1jvo9.jpg

• OFWGKTAOFWGKTA Posts: 1,202 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    never heard of him. didnt listen to any of the vids.
    edited May 2011
    he sound like wayne..... and its ironic cause his fans probably hate wayne with a passion
    r1jvo9.jpg

• MAKAVELI25MAKAVELI25 Posts: 5,595 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    He's ok, I checked him out because I watch "Community". He's nothing revolutionary, but I have a song or two on my iPod
  • OFWGKTAOFWGKTA Posts: 1,202 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    he sound like wayne..... and its ironic cause his fans probably hate wayne with a passion

lmao. he sounds like wayne way too much. we dont need another wayne in hip hop. i predict he never gets shine beyond this thread.
    edited May 2011
    MAKAVELI25 wrote: »
    He's ok, I checked him out because I watch "Community". He's nothing revolutionary, but I have a song or two on my iPod

any mixtapes you'd reccommend?

cause these youtube comments are tripping and I wanna be a fair judge
    r1jvo9.jpg

edited May 2011

r1jvo9.jpg

• MAKAVELI25MAKAVELI25 Posts: 5,595 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    any mixtapes you'd reccommend?

cause these youtube comments are tripping and I wanna be fair judge

Tbh, na, he's not dope enough to the point where I'd reccomend a whole mixtape. This is my favorite song by him.
    edited May 2011
    MAKAVELI25 wrote: »
    Tbh, na, he's not dope enough to the point where I'd reccomend him to everyone. This is my favorite song by him.

the sample is my shit..... love the original

this is aiight though
    r1jvo9.jpg

edited May 2011
    He an aiight rapper with hipster sensibilities with his beats.. I can fuck with that..dude dont have to be amazing

these youtube comments are tripping the fuck out though
    r1jvo9.jpg

edited May 2011
    I think he got that hipster girl fanbase..... he picks great beats though
    r1jvo9.jpg

• Pond ScumPond Scum Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    that's who childish gambino is?

all this time just by hearing his name i assumed he was just some random wu member.
  • satyronesatyrone Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    i downloaded his culdesac mixtape and dude is pretty dope. remindes me of kanye kind of
    celica_zpslcitpdd4.jpg
  • bufubufu Posts: 71
    edited May 2011
    binstar wrote: »
    that's who childish gambino is?

all this time just by hearing his name i assumed he was just some random wu member.

i think wikipedia said he got his name from the wu tang name generator lol. as a fan of community as a comedy, i doubt i'd be able to take his raps seriously
  • Jonas.diniJonas.dini Posts: 2,507 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    I've had a few songs played for me, I can't name any tho... dude is pretty good, but I can't really see myself listening to it all the time
  • ShencotheMCShencotheMC KING Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
  • ShencotheMCShencotheMC KING Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    shenco wrote: »
  • ustreet_monstaustreet_monsta Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    CG is cool. He makes harmless music for the love of rapping and producing. As long as he doesnt try to get on some "I'm the greatest rapper alive" shit I'm cool with it.

His early stuff sounds a lot like Wayne/ Drake but he comes off more sincere and like-able.
    edited May 2011
    CG is cool. He makes harmless music for the love of rapping and producing. As long as he doesnt try to get on some "I'm the greatest rapper alive" shit I'm cool with it.

His early stuff sounds a lot like Wayne/ Drake but he comes off more sincere and like-able.

Dled the culdesac tape

Beats are great... he still reminds me of wayne, just a harmless version though.
    r1jvo9.jpg

• YC11YC11 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    He used to make wack shits back in the day...

Now with Culdesac and EP on his resume, this guy's gonna be a force to be reckoned with.

Waiting on Gambino's first LP 2011!

P.S. Freaks And Geeks is one of the HARDEST beats and he murdered that track bar by bar, this is where hiphop is headed hopefully.
    Like we all headed to Spain, they took the boat I took the plane...
  • edited September 2011
    Personally, I love his music. Been listening to him since before he was on tv. You guys are not listening to the right stuff to get hooked. And yeah, he is kinda like Wayne, when Wayne put out good music.
  • JDSTAYWITITJDSTAYWITIT .........Tell your mother she has a cute mouth #GIANTS #2014/2012/2010 #FUCK.KCPosts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Man this dude got some corny ass bars .... I've been hearing bout him glad I've been sleeping
    CHAMPION.

2dvmqeh.jpg
    B1Khl_OCIAAFOUD.jpg

West$ide.
  • Idi Amin DadaIdi Amin Dada Posts: 3,192 ✭✭
    edited September 2011
    I like him, I've seen him in Baltimore. I do think people will think he's a poor man's Wayne though.
  • MC The RapperMC The Rapper Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Let Donald Glover live if J.cole can live let Troy aka Childish Gambino aka Abed's best friend live for real His production is good and he got some memorable songs