Is Lil Wayne back on drugs, dude sending shade at Pac, Big, Jay?

usmarin3
usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2011 in The Reason
“You know that if you come to a Lil Wayne show two years from now, you already know that ‘I’m gonna get rap — some of the best rap — I’m gonna get some guitar, I’m gonna get some singin’, I’m gonna get some dancin’, I’m gonna get some old-school music, and I’m goin’ to a show tonight.’ And I think that’s where this song is directing me to.[...]I am a musician, and a few years back, I noticed that I wasn’t just a rapper. And Inoticed that I didn’t want to do this just to rap. I do want to go down as one of the greatest rappers of all time, but I also want to go down as one of the greatest musicians of all time.

“When you think about it, Tupac is just known as a great rapper; Biggie is just known as a great rapper, Jay-Z — just known as a great rapper. I want to be known as that rapper that turned it all the way up and became the face of the music. When they make a billboard and put whoever they gonna put up there to define the word ‘music,’ I wanna be there.”

With all that nonsense he yap, dude ain't even a great rapper what makes his non singing ass thing he will be a great musician. Andre 3k, BoB, Kanye, and Drake stands a better chance than this clown.LOL at this dude knowing he will never top those 3 so now he is tryna some other gimmick!

How is Pac known just as a great rapper, dude was a poet, actor,etc?

Biggie died too young to evolve into something else!

Comments

• Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    lol how is that a shot?
  • Kame
    Kame Members Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    ? have beat him to it though..for what he saying anyway
  • trACE_evidence
    trACE_evidence Members Posts: 994 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Than ? on that Xan wit dat Lean
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    if dude feel like that he should start producing thats the only way to show case your musical talent but i don't think dude is good at anything he does, rapping, playing guitar nothing, at best he is mediocre putting out a ton of garbage is not a crowning achievement
  • Bcotton5
    edited May 2011
  • trACE_evidence
    edited May 2011
    Why don't ? like him and Kanye just admit that they are are POP artist and quit frontin' like they are rappers/hip-hop artist?
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Lol @ lil wayne being a musician.. or artist..

hes more ARTEST
  • Bcotton5
    edited May 2011
    Why don't ? like him and Kanye just admit that they are are POP artist and quit frontin' like they are rappers/hip-hop artist?

lol if Wayne and Kanye aint hiphop then what is Em and Jay?
  • MC The Rapper
    edited May 2011

throw drake nicki , wiz bob and lupe into that mix too and of course Jay-z
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Not only did he dis them, he is basically dissing rap and don't consider it music. smh
  • Food & Liquor
    Food & Liquor Members Posts: 1,126
    edited May 2011
    lol if Wayne and Kanye aint hiphop then what is Em and Jay?

They've all transcended Hip Hop now I'd say... I don't think right now Wayne will be one who is remembered like that, it'll probably be Eminem unless Tha Carter IV becomes a massive commercial selling album whilst being critically acclaimed too
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Lil Wayne always speaks out of his ass...
  • Bcotton5
    edited May 2011

yall need to stop trying to box these dudes in
  • trACE_evidence
    edited May 2011

Word, but I'll give Lupe a pass because we all know that his slave owners made him put out all that garbage he had on Lasers. But the rest of these cats have made it more than obvious that they would rather be Pop icons than Hip-Hop legends.
  • MC The Rapper
    edited May 2011
    yall need to stop trying to box these dudes in

that's what they are , it is what it is , it can't be nothing else
  • FyHunnit
    FyHunnit Members, Writer Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Weezy has the ? worst catalog amongst most of his peers.
    And even those Peers (besides Kayne) cant even put their full body of work against Jay, Pac, Bggie, Nas or Em
  • Bcotton5
    edited May 2011
    Word, but I'll give Lupe a pass because we all know that his slave owners made him put out all that garbage he had on Lasers. But the rest of these cats have made it more than obvious that they would rather be Pop icons than Hip-Hop legends.

lol riiiiight......
  • thesynthesis
    thesynthesis Members Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    i already read this, wayne dont hold a torch to big, pac, jay

dead@"just known as a great rapper"

you cant take it a step further than them 3, they sold millions of records, had schools named after them, ? music in the vatican, obama shouting there names out, diplomas where you can study there music, every rapper trying to be like them, biopics, books, oscar nominated documentaries, and in just about everyones top 5.

wayne is in the same league as nelly, ja, 50, etc...to be a legendary icon you need a cult fanbase from all age ranges, you gotta capture the publics imagination, you need a great body of work and something that separates you from everyone else..a distinctive style

wayne dont got that kind of luv,

kanye and em> wayne
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Eclectic.. assimilating ass negroes.. are the bane of hiphop

Edit:
    Agree with Synth
  • DMTxTHC
    edited May 2011

IDK about Kanyeezy, all of his albums are critically acclaimed

It's possible to be a great rapper and still be pop, Nuthin' But A 'G' Thang was a pop song, but still a classic nonetheless

Wayne just sucks
  • Kame
    Kame Members Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    So in 2011 rappers' status is defined by his success? Cause yall just defined the mainstream rap genre as not rap.

like bcotton said (as long as it isnt wack, dont put it in a box) Learn to be able to tell the difference instead of just calling it wack cause it different from 90's ?
  • FyHunnit
    FyHunnit Members, Writer Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Lets keep it real.

The Game's, TI's, Jeezy's, Kanye's, Luda's (etc etc) catalogs completely ? on Waynes.
  • DMTxTHC
    edited May 2011
    imILL wrote: »
    Lets keep it real.

The Game's, TI's, Jeezy's, Kanye's, Luda's, catalog completely ? on Wayne's.

Especially Kanye's...
  • trACE_evidence
    edited May 2011
    lol riiiiight......

Truth hurts bruh...

These muthafuckas are being used to dilute the culture.
  • Bcotton5
    edited May 2011
    Truth hurts bruh...

These muthafuckas are being used to dilute the culture.

Lupe included