Is Lil Wayne back on drugs, dude sending shade at Pac, Big, Jay?

Comments

• playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Lupe included

Your idol wayne.. is a sideshow.. a one trick pony... his music is fast food..
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Lupe included

yep he sure is , i don't make exceptions like that he made a pop album regardless of weather he wanted to or not his name is on it , he is also responsible
  • trACE_evidence
    trACE_evidence Members Posts: 994 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    So in 2011 rappers' status is defined by his success? Cause yall just defined the mainstream rap genre as not rap.

like bcotton said (as long as it isnt wack, dont put it in a box) Learn to be able to tell the difference instead of just calling it wack cause it different from 90's ?

Not it's not about their success, it's about the music they release.

The ? IS wack. These ? release music based on what will get them on MTV. They put THEMSELVES in that box...
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011

The ? IS wack. These ? release music based on what will get them on MTV. They put THEMSELVES in that box...

Throw ya diamonds in the sky if you feel the vibe
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    So in 2011 rappers' status is defined by his success? Cause yall just defined the mainstream rap genre as not rap.

like bcotton said (as long as it isnt wack, dont put it in a box) Learn to be able to tell the difference instead of just calling it wack cause it different from 90's ?

its wack because it lacks replay value and doesn't have any lasting qualities or emotional content i listen to a lot of different kinds a of music and can appreciate people trying new things but this is just

garbage they not thinking about making quality music they thinking about making money
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Pac and Big are resting in permanent shade WTF is this thread about? (Please don't answer me, IDGAF).
  • trACE_evidence
    edited May 2011
    Lupe included

He was used. What's your point?
  • Kame
    Kame Members Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011

Not all of it wack, plus barely any of these guys got top 10 songs on the radio anymore. Yes some (a lot) of it is wack, but there comes a time when the ? you might ? with is something you can't understand, rather than it just being wack. Thats where generational divides, personal preference comes in. I dont knock you for liking (im guessing, im probably wrong) a framework of what "real" hip hop is.... but if you start thinking that abosulutely everything different that comes out now is wack, you dont get it
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    lol @ giving these other artists passes for the same ? you want to crucify Wayne for
  • CirocObama
    CirocObama Members Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    imILL wrote: »
    Weezy has the ? worst catalog amongst most of his peers.
    And even those Peers (besides Kayne) cant even put their full body of work against Jay, Pac, Bggie, Nas or Em

Umm actually Kanye's catalogue > Eminem's and IMO even Wayne's > Eminem's.

That's a known fact that Eminem's catalogue always been mediocre. SSLP is pretty good and MMLP is imo his best album but the rest of the are average to wack. But i'm pretty sure ur white cuz white ppl always try to throw his name in amongst the greatest like he's apart of that too when he ain't.

Em can RAP (meaning he can rhyme) but that doesn't make him top 10 or legend. If that's the case then so is Canibus, Crooked I, Royce, Immortal Technique etc.
  • MAKAVELI25
    MAKAVELI25 Members Posts: 5,595 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    In terms of musical quality (the only thing that SHOULD matter), I can't take anyone seriously who has Wayne in the top 15.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    TvOne marathon
    martin29.jpg
  • Kame
    edited May 2011
    Ye catalogue>> a hella lot of 90's ? as of now
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Ye catalogue>> a hella lot of 90's ? as of now

..............................Co the ? sign
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    imILL wrote: »
    Lets keep it real.

The Game's, TI's, Jeezy's, Kanye's, Luda's (etc etc) catalogs completely ? on Waynes.

word.wurd.werd.
  • Food & Liquor
    Food & Liquor Members Posts: 1,126
    edited May 2011
    Ye has a top 10 catalogue now I'd say...

But a lot of those big artists (except Jay) lack this I find; it's not always making the best music but appealing to the masses...
  • trACE_evidence
    edited May 2011
    Not all of it wack, plus barely any of these guys got top 10 songs on the radio anymore. Yes some (a lot) of it is wack, but there comes a time when the ? you might ? with is something you can't understand, rather than it just being wack. Thats where generational divides, personal preference comes in. I dont knock you for liking (im guessing, im probably wrong) a framework of what "real" hip hop is.... but if you start thinking that abosulutely everything different that comes out now is wack, you dont get it

I like all sorts of hip hop. I'm not one of those hip hop elitist.

I just see through the ? when ? like Wayne, and I believe Kanye said some similar ? about them not being just rappers. These ? are biting the hand that fed them.
    They hit it big with crossover success and now its basically "? hip hop"? Naw, ? them ? . If it wasn't for hip-hop them ? wouldn't be where they are today.
  • Kame
    edited May 2011
    That last track wayne put out was wack as hell though... good example of branching out gone bad
  • Food & Liquor
    Food & Liquor Members Posts: 1,126
    edited May 2011
    I didn't mind How To Love... it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be...
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011

I just see through the ? when ? like Wayne, and I believe Kanye said some similar ? about them not being just rappers. These ? are biting the hand that fed them.
    They hit it big with crossover success and now its basically "? hip hop"? Naw, ? them ? . If it wasn't for hip-hop them ? wouldn't be where they are today.

how is that saying "? hiphop"?

? get tired of doing the same ?
  • trACE_evidence
    edited May 2011
    lol @ giving these other artists passes for the same ? you want to crucify Wayne for

2ezsns4jpg.gif

Lol @ you being a male Wayne groupie...
  • DanknDrank
    DanknDrank Members Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    if he hasn't surpassed biggie's legacy with just two albums, how in the hell does he think he's ahead of the other two??!!

jay(no matter how much i don't care for him)credit is due, he is the biggest mogul in hip-hop, wayne rides his co-tail like theres no tomorrow so what makes him think his legacy will shine more than the person he ? rides, reasonable doubt shuts down anything wayne has ever created

2pac...theres not really much to be said for its in stone already, the highest selling black hiphop artist in the world and the highest selling rapper in the US...a poet, a movie star, an activist, a sex symbol and a ghetto emperor at the same time, his roots to the ghetto is deep to the point where it spooks and shakes white amerikkka to it's very foundation, had he still been here his hood pass would be inevitably unlimited, thats how much he's respected in the streets

waynes chicken ? ass can't do none of that...so again what makes him he's better than those three
  • Kame
    edited May 2011

Kanye has said he wants to be a top 10 rapper one day (hell no, but im just saying he still aspires a goal in hip hop). He still works with pete rock and dj premier. He`s never ? on hip hop like timbaland has in interview. Hell I dont think Wayne has either. Until I hear these guys say, `hip hop is wack, ? it`, these guys are still hip hop imo. Whether their hip hop is wack is a different story
  • trACE_evidence
    edited May 2011
    Kanye has said he wants to be a top 10 rapper one day (hell no, but im just saying he still aspires a goal in hip hop). He still works with pete rock and dj premier. He`s never ? on hip hop like timbaland has in interview. Hell I dont think Wayne has either. Until I hear these guys say, `hip hop is wack, ? it`, these guys are still hip hop imo. Whether their hip hop is wack is a different story

I feel you on the Timbaland ? , but I almost respect him more for just being honest about it.

But a lot of these artist nowadays are pretty much doing the same thing without saying it. Check Dr. Dre's "I need a Doctor" as a prime example.
  • Kame
    edited May 2011
    I feel you on the Timbaland ? , but I almost respect him more for just being honest about it.

But a lot of these artist nowadays are pretty much doing the same thing without saying it. Check Dr. Dre's "I need a Doctor" as a prime example.

Yeah that same wack beat thing is wack as ? . Airplanes/I need a doctor/words I never said all repetitive ass ?