So....This Girl Just Got A 1 Million Dollar Rap Deal With Sony..............

Comments

• Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    that ? is horrible. I like that Gucci Gucci ? but that's about it.

lol you listened to it?
  • Bcotton5
    edited May 2011
    yea, that lil mixtape if thats what you wanna call don't even sound like that video she made. that ? was wack dawg. real talk

its all old ? though before she started taking it seriously , she aint even a rapper really.

She a film student so she focuses on directing videos
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Why is "1 Big Room Full of Bad ? " so profound and memorable to some of you? (the words, not the idea, the idea is great).

? steady quoting that repetitive piece.

Is that all it takes to get you on board? One repetitive line that can be quoted and sound "cool."

"Damn son, that song that said one big room full of bad ? ..? too ill B."
  • d0lewhip
    d0lewhip Members Posts: 8
    edited May 2011
    I haven't posted in a long time, if ever, but some of the ignorant ? in this thread makes me sick. The people who are saying hip hop is dying white men are killing it etc...you're mad your favorite artist couldn't' ride the tide of change that is propelling other artists to success. The tastes of the mainstream changes. No one type of music is going to sound the same forever. ? , the only type of music that has never changed is country, and the reason for that is because the demographic for that music has never gone beyond the people it started out with. Rap music, as people are turned onto it by certain songs and certain artists, will evolve because the audience grows. It's pretty impossible to say this without sounding racist, but you can see in this thread exactly the reasonpeople from the hood can't ever have ? and won't' ever have ? . If an artist sells, keeps it true to themselves and the hood, you're happy about it. Dude tries to expand his sound, his audience, his ART FORM, and the haters jump out the woodwork and say ohhhhh this dude sold out this ? weak as ? . This is what they get from their community for trying to do something good for themselves and trying to evolve with the times. This is not to say I can't understand why people don't like the Kanyes, the Drakes, the Nicki Minaj's, and this white ? . I don't like any of their music either, but at least respect what these people are trying to do. That whole "respect the hustle" ? that you all preach seems to only go to hustles that have your approval.

PS the white man trying to ? hip hop? Get your conspiacy theories the ? outta here if you always looking for a theory about "the man" doing this and that, you're only going to find more and more things to convince yourself. Not because it's true, but because you want to believe it.
  • Bcotton5
    edited May 2011
    d0lewhip wrote: »
    I haven't posted in a long time, if ever, but some of the ignorant ? in this thread makes me sick. The people who are saying hip hop is dying white men are killing it etc...you're mad your favorite artist couldn't' ride the tide of change that is propelling other artists to success. The tastes of the mainstream changes. No one type of music is going to sound the same forever. ? , the only type of music that has never changed is country, and the reason for that is because the demographic for that music has never gone beyond the people it started out with. Rap music, as people are turned onto it by certain songs and certain artists, will evolve because the audience grows. It's pretty impossible to say this without sounding racist, but you can see in this thread exactly the reasonpeople from the hood can't ever have ? and won't' ever have ? . If an artist sells, keeps it true to themselves and the hood, you're happy about it. Dude tries to expand his sound, his audience, his ART FORM, and the haters jump out the woodwork and say ohhhhh this dude sold out this ? weak as ? . This is what they get from their community for trying to do something good for themselves and trying to evolve with the times. This is not to say I can't understand why people don't like the Kanyes, the Drakes, the Nicki Minaj's, and this white ? . I don't like any of their music either, but at least respect what these people are trying to do. That whole "respect the hustle" ? that you all preach seems to only go to hustles that have your approval.

PS the white man trying to ? hip hop? Get your conspiacy theories the ? outta here if you always looking for a theory about "the man" doing this and that, you're only going to find more and more things to convince yourself. Not because it's true, but because you want to believe it.

lol................
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Why is "1 Big Room Full of Bad ? " so profound and memorable to some of you? (the words, not the idea, the idea is great).

Is that all it takes to get you on board? One repetitive line that can be quoted and sound "cool."

Yo i hate that ? .. ? stay mumblin some simplistic corny line.. like when wayne said that goon goblin ? .. .. ? get impressed by the most ? ? . Bubblehead ass ?
  • Kame
    Kame Members Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011

Its not that we're impressed. We can quote your favorite deep piece of rap music as well.... we dont go around only quoting simplistic rap lines. ? is just catchy lol, which is why I said no need to take it serious. You act like you`ve never gone round thinking some ignant ? is catchy
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »
    Naw the labels are smart, they know were the money is at and who the consumers are.

a corny white ? can move Fergie units just like Vanila Ice can sell 7 million copies of his debut album.

If Insane Clown Posse can have 3 Gold albums and 2 platinum albums this ? can get a 1 million dollar rap deal easy.

she should be huge on the I.C. were the demographics are similar to the buying demographic.

Damn H-rap you wasn't jokin', in less than 12 hours she has 5 threads on the front page......
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011

Its not a conspiracy theory if its happening right in front of you , the 4 major labels decides who comes out, what gets played on the radio,etc etc etc , they decide who is

going to be a star and who isn't as well , they decide on the direction music is going as well so its not far fetched
  • YamoleySensei
    YamoleySensei Members Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011

? yo titangraph and your 1 ? post, clown...
  • deadpoolRKO
    deadpoolRKO Members Posts: 441
    edited May 2011
    This girl said her and her friends ran around with guns and tried to rob yung berg. lol.

that's trill
  • Bcotton5
    edited May 2011
    This girl said her and her friends ran around with guns and tried to rob yung berg. lol.

that's trill

rofl................
  • trACE_evidence
    trACE_evidence Members Posts: 994 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011

2ezsns4jpg.gif
  • Kame
    edited May 2011

that's trill
    Another day in the life of yung berg

• MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    sboogie wrote: »
    Hip Hop IS getting ? of its culture...

fixed...............
  • Bcotton5
    edited May 2011
    she got swag coming out her ovaries
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Hip Hop IS ? culture...

There's a SUB-FORUM called The Essence right on top of The Reason if you're fed up of the ? going on in the mainstream
  • Bcotton5
    edited May 2011
    Kreayshawn and Lil B are both underground though
  • Kame
    edited May 2011
    Man yung berg got little white girls trying to rob him now... ? is serious
  • Kame
    edited May 2011
    Kreayshawn and Lil B are both underground though

Word this ? isnt on the radio... never will be as well
  • deadpoolRKO
    deadpoolRKO Members Posts: 441
    edited May 2011
    Yamoley wrote: »
    ? yo titangraph and your 1 ? post, clown...

lmao

the IC like twitter keep it under 140 characters
  • I.B. Blackman
    I.B. Blackman Members Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Man ? this lame ? .... Sometimes i can't believe the ? yall ? get hype for real talk. There was a time on this board where wack ? wouldn't even be spoke of but clearly things have changed when this wack ? got 5 threads on the first page.

If you gonna rep The Bay/Oakland do it with someone who got the artform in their best interest....

Dis%27onance+cover.jpg

http://kevinnottingham.com/2010/07/09/ryan-nicole-disonance-volume-1-0/
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Hip Hop IS ? culture...
  • rip.dilla
    edited May 2011
    I be in there...
    a lot of that ? is unappealing also...

I understand the lack of appeal

But sometimes you need a lil' bit of isolation from the madness... ya feelz me?
  • rip.dilla
    edited May 2011
    Man ? this lame ? .... Sometimes i can't believe the ? yall ? get hype for real talk. There was a time on this board where wack ? wouldn't even be spoke of but clearly things have changed when this wack ? got 5 threads on the first page.

If you gonna rep The Bay/Oakland do it with someone who got the artform in their best interest....

http://kevinnottingham.com/2010/07/09/ryan-nicole-disonance-volume-1-0/

Cheers bruh... listening now and DLing

A beautiful sista as well