POLL!**Which pending NFL move will have the biggest impact next season??**

Options
13»

Comments

• greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    What position would you say the Panthers are set at though? They got a DE that had a good season, so he may work out, and maybe running backs. The Falcons seemed better off with Turner, Roddy White, and Abraham in place. Once Ryan worked out they were straight.

Panthers have a defensive minded head coach takin over the worst offense in the NFL right now. So I dunno if they can get it together in 1 short offseason. Anything's possible so they COULD win 7 games. I'm just sayin I think the odds are really against them.

Hindsight is 20/20, but no one who was NOT a Falcons fan was calling Roddy WHite a hands-down elite receiver in the league (and some still won't) and 3-4 pro-bowls later it's all good. Turner never started in the NFL when we brought him in so that signing went under the radar and was the equivalent of someone signing DARREN SPROLES today (remember how you dogged that Rams fan on here for being hype about the possibility of signing Sproles??? At least I think that was u.)

And Ryan, like any rookie QB, was a huge question mark and NOBODY expected him to be an instant star (much less that his first pass in the NFL was a long-yard, perfect touchdown pass, lol.)

Panthers' front seven is better than at least 10 teams in the league as is. They have RB talent like you said and they have a good Defensive minded coach coming in. Run the ball well and play solid defense and you can pull out 6 to 10 wins every year in this league no matter what.

And to be honest bruh, I like the Panthers chances THIS YEAR of winning seven games more than I liked the Buccaneers chances LAST YEAR of winning 10 games. Real talk.
  • ustreet_monsta
    ustreet_monsta Members Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Mcnabb to Arizona or Minnesota.

If he goes to either of those teams expect them to go deep in the playoffs.
  • CollegeBoi12
    CollegeBoi12 Members Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    CoolJoe wrote: »
    I think it's clearly Nnamdi's new squad....

yep
    just hope he doesn't end up in the NFC South and seeing the Saints 2 times a season
  • bow to royalty
    bow to royalty Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Hindsight is 20/20, but no one who was NOT a Falcons fan was calling Roddy WHite a hands-down elite receiver in the league (and some still won't) and 3-4 pro-bowls later it's all good. Turner never started in the NFL when we brought him in so that signing went under the radar and was the equivalent of someone signing DARREN SPROLES today (remember how you dogged that Rams fan on here for being hype about the possibility of signing Sproles??? At least I think that was u.)

And Ryan, like any rookie QB, was a huge question mark and NOBODY expected him to be an instant star (much less that his first pass in the NFL was a long-yard, perfect touchdown pass, lol.)

Panthers' front seven is better than at least 10 teams in the league as is. They have RB talent like you said and they have a good Defensive minded coach coming in. Run the ball well and play solid defense and you can pull out 6 to 10 wins every year in this league no matter what.

And to be honest bruh, I like the Panthers chances THIS YEAR of winning seven games more than I liked the Buccaneers chances LAST YEAR of winning 10 games. Real talk.

Ya, but havin surprise talent, and not havin talent are different. The Panthers don't have a WR yet that is just waitin to have is come-out season. They may lose Williams which would be a blow to their runnin game. I'd rather have Turner than Sproles because he's built to be a carry the load RB. Dude's like 5'10 240 lbs. Sproles is 5'6" 190. He can't take the 300+ carries a season. I expected Turner to go to ATL and do work. (That was me playin that dude that said if the Rams get Sproles and Moss next year, they'll be the greatest show on turf again).

You gotta have a great defense to get by on just D and a runnin game (Ravens, Jets, Steelers). This is the wrong season to have a bad pass D. You know our division is against the AFC South and NFC North. That's a decent number of teams that'll pass on you pretty ewll.

And I can agree with u kinda on Panthers 7 vs Bucs 10. Cuz no1 knew what Mike Williams would do, and that we'd somehow get Blount and he'd do what he did. Or Freeman would come out like he did. But playin the NFC West and AFC North helped gettin us to 10. AFC South and NFC North aren't gonna help much gettin to 7.
  • bow to royalty
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Mcnabb to Arizona or Minnesota.

If he goes to either of those teams expect them to go deep in the playoffs.

Mcnabb needs to prove himself again before I can agree to something like this. Especially for the Cardinals to go deep into the playoffs.
  • Jdilla26
    Jdilla26 Members Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Nnamdi's new team is definitely big b/c he definitely a shutdown corner I wish the bears would pick him up but it would be 2 perfect this guys plays cover 2 and great one on one coverage. But with the Bears management that would be 2 much like right
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    If D win the ring, then Awesome-Wa rolling out should be the biggest move....especially if he goes to Philly.

Making that D better, combined with that O should make the Eagles Top 5.
  • bow to royalty
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Nnamdi will probably only make a big impact if he goes to a playoff team. Not a knock on him, it just is what it is. He's been with the Raiders since 03, and they haven't done ? .
  • greenwood1921
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Nnamdi will probably only make a big impact if he goes to a playoff team. Not a knock on him, it just is what it is. He's been with the Raiders since 03, and they haven't done ? .

^^^^^^^^^^^

Pretty much. They did have one of the best passing Defense's in the league last year. But passing-defensive stats are skewed when it comes to .500 or worse teams 'cause usually the other team has a comfortable lead and don't have to pass that much to win the game.

Plus, people are confusing Nnamdi for the dude in my AVI (Prime-Time). Deion was a all-time ball-hawk that PLAYED THE BALL not the receiver. Nnamdi shuts down the receiver which is why he's only had 11 interceptions in 8 years.

Whereas Deion had 36 interceptions by that time including numerous big plays on special teams -- and let's not forget that Deion basically invented the "shut down corner" position, and he played most of his first 8 years with the Falcons -- a team that alot of teams didn't have to pass against too much either.

So miss me with the "they don't pass to Nnamdi's side 'cause they're scared" ? . While true, teams were even more afraid of Deion fresh out of Florida State than they are of Nnamdi today. ? , if Nnamdi is Charles Manson, Deion was Osama Bin Laden or ? . lol

Nnamdi is gonna make any team he plays for better, and he's gonna give any defense more confidence to use more blitz packages -- but he ain't a king-maker by no means.
  • ustreet_monsta
    ustreet_monsta Members Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Mcnabb needs to prove himself again before I can agree to something like this. Especially for the Cardinals to go deep into the playoffs.

I agree with that. I think he has the fire to prove himself after the disaster in DC and watching Vick get so much love for putting up great numbers, but basically getting the same results as Mcnabb used to.

It all depends on if we get a season this year. The NFL lockout is killing the vets who are looking for that last 1-2 years to cement their careers.
  • greenwood1921
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I agree with that. I think he has the fire to prove himself after the disaster in DC and watching Vick get so much love for putting up great numbers, but basically getting the same results as Mcnabb used to.

It all depends on if we get a season this year. The NFL lockout is killing the vets who are looking for that last 1-2 years to cement their careers.

Co-sign the bolded like a muhfugga. Vick is my dude (nh) and always will be. But *on paper* his performance and the Eagles performance last year was pretty much vintage McNabb/Eagles all day. Actually worse when you consider how many times they went to the NFC title game and the one Super Bowl appearance.

#kanyeshruggz