New York State governor ends re election campaign

Options
Funky Dr
Funky Dr Banned Users Posts: 2,348 ✭✭
edited March 2010 in The Social Lounge
http://www.wgrz.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=74815&catid=37

ALBANY _ Gov. David Paterson said this afternoon that he will not run for election this year, ending his long-shot bid to win a full, four-year term.

The decision is a remarkably quick turn of events for a Democratic governor who just last week toured the state and defiantly declared that he would run for the seat, blasting his critics who had questioned his candidacy amid low popularity.

But Paterson's decision today comes as he and his administration face serious questions over their role in allegedly attempting to squash a domestic-abuse case involving his top aide, David Johnson.

"Today I am announcing that I am ending my campaign for governor of the state of New York," he said. "It has become increasingly clear to me in the last few days that I cannot run for office and try to manage the state's business at the same time......

- - - - -- - - - - - -- - - -

Damn they are gettin straight racist in the comments section.... Not surprising.

Gannett ContentOne - Albany, N.Y.

Comments

• Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    The New York Times got another one.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    at least the chances of keeping a dem in the position shot way up with Cuomo. realistically, they shouldve never lost Spitzer. he got booted out for ? he paid for with his OWN money, not the state's.
  • bornnraisedoffCMR
    bornnraisedoffCMR Members Posts: 1,073 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    He's get a job with the NAACP.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited February 2010
    Options
    he got booted out for ? he paid for with his OWN money, not the state's.
    he got booted out because a) he'd prosecuted prostitution rings and when you do that AND patronize them, the laws of irony demand your removal from office and b) it's my understanding people don't like him on a personal level. maybe i'm wrong about that? but if you're likable you can get away with a lot more.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    he got booted out because a) he'd prosecuted prostitution rings and when you do that AND patronize them, the laws of irony demand your removal from office and b) it's my understanding people don't like him on a personal level. maybe i'm wrong about that? but if you're likable you can get away with a lot more.

this is true, i guess the fact he got caught using the methods that he himself imposed. And you are correct, a LOT of ppl did not like him. i do think he would've been tougher on finance companies than paterson or cuomo will probably be.
  • The Jackal
    The Jackal Members Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    For Janklow I don't believe he is going to be removed from office
  • DarcSkies777
    DarcSkies777 Members Posts: 5,600 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Black history Month 2010, and what you witnessed today was a handicapped black man named David paterson being lynched by Obama and the democratic party. Pure Chicago Gutter Politics by a Chicago Thug named Barack Hussein Obama!

Isn't hope and change wonderful????
    ^^^ comment on the site lol

Apparently Obama has lynched a black man. Anyway I think it's sad that they used his assistant against him in some ? that has nothing to do with his office. I dont care if he shot the ? in the face either he was doing a good job or he wasnt. That said: Id ont think his approval rating was the highest but I never got clear reason why he was hated.
  • Funky Dr
    Funky Dr Banned Users Posts: 2,348 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    ^^^ comment on the site lol

Apparently Obama has lynched a black man. Anyway I think it's sad that they used his assistant against him in some ? that has nothing to do with his office. I dont care if he shot the ? in the face either he was doing a good job or he wasnt. That said: Id ont think his approval rating was the highest but I never got clear reason why he was hated.

It was a ? game controlled by the powers that be in New York City to get rid of a governor that would have benefitted upstate new york.

From what I hear Cuomo is all about downstate, and thats what they wanted.

Plus Upstate New York is heavily anti social services, anti black and anti intelligence.

Patterson inherited this problem with the financial situation, just like Obama inherited his problems. Patterson didnt CREATE the freakin problems and thats what some think.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited March 2010
    Options
    this is true, i guess the fact he got caught using the methods that he himself imposed. And you are correct, a LOT of ppl did not like him. i do think he would've been tougher on finance companies than paterson or cuomo will probably be.
    that's probably true, but the sad fact is i don't think he would have been for legitimate reasons
    The Jackal wrote: »
    For Janklow I don't believe he is going to be removed from office
    i was really just talking about Spitzer. i think Paterson will serve out his term for a combination of giving the Democrats who didn't back him the finger while it also being a way to get him to quietly drop the bid.