edited May 2011
    Options
    "I think I need a barber, none of these HOES can fade me"

Really???? SMH!
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Beyonce is not here for the $0.99. She is about the $9.99 (album sales) and then the $99.99 (ticket sales).

She's had singles flop before, but her album will still be multiplat and her tour will still be sold out.
  • georgia boi
    georgia boi Members Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    focus wrote: »
    Beyonce is not here for the $0.99. She is about the $9.99 (album sales) and then the $99.99 (ticket sales).

She's had singles flop before, but her album will still be multiplat and her tour will still be sold out.

This.

Some of her singles have flopped harder than "Run The World" i.e. "Video Phone" and "Work It Out". Guaranteed, Beyonce will have a #1 hit from this album no matter what the song sounds like or how many singles have to be released. Beyonce will bounce back.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    LOL at Rihanna and Katy Perry, those broads are the equivallent to Flo Ridah and Pitbull. They are ring tone and singles artists. For all those number ones Rihanna and Katy has they can't go multiplatinum or sell out arenas. Beyonce sells albums (guaranteed 5-6 mil worldwide) and her tours sells out.
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Why is it that on the IC there is no middleground between a flop and hit? whatever happened to moderate/modest success??
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    edited May 2011
    Options
    how it flopped?? its doing pretty well here. and now that new song she got 1+1 finna be a smash hit. bet
  • ApolloRoyalin
    ApolloRoyalin Members Posts: 9
    edited May 2011
    Options
    The single might not have gotten the recognition she hoped, but she's definitely not on her way out. She has a great voice and she's an entertaining performer.
  • georgia boi
    georgia boi Members Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    LOL at Rihanna and Katy Perry, those broads are the equivallent to Flo Ridah and Pitbull. They are ring tone and singles artists. For all those number ones Rihanna and Katy has they can't go multiplatinum or sell out arenas. Beyonce sells albums (guaranteed 5-6 mil worldwide) and her tours sells out.

Rihanna and Katy don't do Beyonce numbers, but are a far cry from Flo-Rida and Pitbull. They at least sell around platinum to the 1.5 range.
    Why is it that on the IC there is no middleground between a flop and hit? whatever happened to moderate/modest success??

Look at the song's position on the charts, how long it's been on the charts, and the peak position and compare that to the fact that it was performed on Oprah's finale, the video that debuted on American Idol, and a performance at the Billboard Music Awards. It might be a little pre-mature to call it a flop, but that's beyond the promo for the average single that hits top 10 off downloads and radio play .
  • JadaRoss
    JadaRoss Members Posts: 6,791 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Beyonce gonna sell like hot cakes,but she need to top Kelly Rowland's Single, Motivation

Kelly is winning right now
  • Food & Liquor
    Food & Liquor Members Posts: 1,126
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Props to Beyonce for sampling Pon De Floor... that song's massive in the clubs over here, and Beyonce will always get loads of sales/tour stuff so she's far from done. She'll be around for a lot longer and 1+1 is a really good song I've found
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    edited June 2011
    Options
    The real question is, when will Rihanna or Katy Perry ever have an album scan 3 million copies in the US like all of Beyonce's?
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    KillaCham. wrote: »
    The real question is, when will Rihanna or Katy Perry ever have an album scan 3 million copies in the US like all of Beyonce's?

your stanning is sickining.....
  • KillaCham
    edited June 2011
    Options
    your stanning is sickining.....
    And your obsession with my quote button is disturbing. Hope off, maybe? I know the past 5 days of you not being able to click it was killing you.
  • damobb2deep
    edited June 2011
    Options
    And your obsession with my quote button is disturbing. Hope off, maybe? I know the past 5 days of you not being able to click it was killing you.

lol i honestly forgot how horrible it is...... and just 2 think there are other people who actually think like you when it comes 2 her..... smh.... ANSWER ( Against ? Stanning With Excuses REALLY)
  • KillaCham
    edited June 2011
    Options
    lol i honestly forgot how horrible it is...... and just 2 think there are other people who actually think like you when it comes 2 her..... smh.... ANSWER ( Against ? Stanning With Excuses REALLY)
    What you say, ? ?
  • damobb2deep
    edited June 2011
    Options
    What you say, ? ?

smh... u are actually serious about what u say about her...
  • KillaCham
    edited June 2011
    Options
    smh... u are actually serious about what u say about her...
    When you gonna give in and pay homage to the queen, tho? You really think she's on her way out?
  • damobb2deep
    edited June 2011
    Options
    When you gonna give in and pay homage to the queen, tho? You really think she's on her way out?

i respect certain things she has done.... but i feel she aint givin her talent justice.... like its been said kelly rowland actually is goin the route beyonce shoulda went.... add latoya luckett 2 that as well...
  • KillaCham
    edited June 2011
    Options
    i respect certain things she has done.... but i feel she aint givin her talent justice.... like its been said kelly rowland actually is goin the route beyonce shoulda went....
    I can see that but ??? @ the bolded. Generic euro-pop music and another redundant Lil Wayne feature?
  • damobb2deep
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I can see that but ??? @ the bolded. Generic euro-pop music and another redundant Lil Wayne feature?

come on now think letoya luckett and kelly have both had good solo careers... they may not have as many hits as beyonce but the quality of music really over shadows hers especially resently... and i could understand if she did it 4 the money but think kelly rowland and letoya luckett aint broke.... they not worth what beyonce is but they aint broke... so why put out bullshyt like " girls run the world?" you finna be 30.. most girls thats are her fans ( the black ones) was not feeling the song they past that stage in they life they 22 plus years old... she got younger fans as well but the younger 1 look up 2 her... and they dont care about the song as long as its beyonce.. so again why put out that bullshyt?

and if she put wayne on a song you would have nothing wrong with the song..... and u kno it..
  • Swag Show Superstar
    Swag Show Superstar Members Posts: 66
    edited June 2011
    Options
    another single, another flop

Best I never had #93 on itunes after being out for a week

Not top 50 on any format

People just arent responding to her this time around

This is gonna be her bionic. Can't even compare it to Rated R because Rated R still had some hits
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    What you say, ? ?

I laughed my ass off at this post. congratulations