Did Obama throw Desiree under the bus? Or....

ms.jones
ms.jones Members Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2010 in The Social Lounge
Was he justified in asking her to step down? Taken from Huffington Post

1:30 AM ET 2/27/2010 -- White House confirms Smoot appointment On Saturday,, the White House released a press release confirming Smoot will be White House Social secretary:

The White House today announced Julianna Smoot has been named Deputy Assistant to the President and Social Secretary. She joins the White House staff from the office of U.S. Trade Representative Ron Kirk, where she serves as Chief of Staff.

“Julianna shares our commitment to creating an inclusive, dynamic and culturally vibrant White House, and Michelle and I are pleased to have her join our team,” the President said.

“I am humbled and excited to take on the role of White House Social Secretary and support the Obama administration in a different capacity,” said Julianna Smoot. “Over the last year, I have had the honor of building relationships in the international community through my work at USTR, and I am looking forward to implementing this experience at the White House.”

“Julianna Smoot brings extraordinary organization and people skills to the role, and sharp attention to detail – all attributes critical to the highly complex responsibilities of the White House Social Secretary. I know that she will continue on the path of creating beautiful events and opening up the White House in new and creative ways that have been established this past year. I’m pleased to welcome her to the East Wing,” said Susan Sher, Chief of Staff to First Lady Michelle Obama.

A native of North Carolina, Smoot has worked in and out of Washington. Prior to joining the Administration, Smoot served as finance director for the Obama Campaign. She has also worked for Senators Schumer, Durbin, Reid and Rockefeller.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/02/26/julianna-smoot-desiree-ro_n_478717.html

Personally, I feel the change took too long to come...I believe that she should have been out of a job as soon as it became known that she did not follow White House protocol. Thoughts?

Comments

• earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    i agree. this wasnt a mistake like double booking a room or ordering the wrong kind of dessert for a dinner. she let unauthorized uninvited ppl just waltz in and mingle with the president.
  • DarcSkies777
    DarcSkies777 Members Posts: 5,600 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Maybe he did. But she ? up on this one. Maybe the Secret Service was more at fault but she is the Social Secretary she is in charge of that ? . If FEMA ? up we blame the director. The buck stops with her since she's the one with the power and cabinet position.

Id ont know how it happened but 2 people got close to the president that were not supposed to even have made it passed the gate. That's scary ? and I know they were ? behind closed doors. You just let every wacko and enemy of the United States know that the secret service can be out witted with a skinny blonde white woman and a white man that looks like he's connected. Sure it turns out theyw ere just two ? looking for publicity....but it could have easily been operatives from other countries looking to destabilize our govt etc.

EIther way, She fine....thought I'd end with that.
  • bornnraisedoffCMR
    bornnraisedoffCMR Members Posts: 1,073 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Obama been smashin now she started catchin feelings so he had to cancel that ? .
  • DarcSkies777
    edited February 2010
    ^ that wouldnt surprise me worth a damn. Cuz Michelle be lookin at him sideways I know she caught him cheating a couple times. Probably even lets him.
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Desiree is a fine 50 y/o compared to Michelle, even w/o make up she fine
  • ms.jones
    ms.jones Members Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    I agree with everyone's sentiment. From the very beginning, I thought that it was quite odd that she was put in the role of a Social Secretary. True enough, she has her MBA from Harvard, and I suppose that carries a considerable amount of weight in many circles, however, she had absolutely no experience in this area. Looking at previous positions she has held over the course of her career, she often was in the spotlight, and never in the background. I feel that she took this mentality with her in the Social Secretary endeavor. How else could it be explained that she much rather have been photographed with the highest political figures instead of manning the checkpoint, as SOP in past presidency?

Honestly, I didn't want to believe she got this position by smashing Obama...but it seems more and more, that seems to be the most plausible answer.
  • lordhonka2
    lordhonka2 Members Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    i had no idea what desiree rogers looked like but as soon as i saw the picture my first thought was yeah obam hit that
  • earth two superman
    edited February 2010
    desiree-rogers.jpg

look at that Gonzo nose. if he did, its a downgrade from michelle IMO
  • DarcSkies777
    edited February 2010
    Really ? @ Sup...I thin she looks better.
  • bornnraisedoffCMR
    edited February 2010
    Michelle str8 but she got some manish features in here face, not to mention she like 6'8''. She got some hip tho, I give her that.

And Desiree might not be dime status, but as we've seen in the past, side peices dont have to be step ups for these politicians. See Lawinsky
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    obnoxiouslyfresh Members Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Thanks for the sig Darc.

And Desiree Rogers was always overqualified for that silly ass fluff job in the first place. She seemed like she thought it was beneath her. Im glad she's moving on to better ?
  • DarcSkies777
    edited February 2010
    How u gone sig jack me LOL

And I think Obama was just giving a "friend" a cabinet postiion to have some friends in the White House on some, "What's the worst that could happen?" type ? LOL
  • earth two superman
    edited February 2010
    nah, i think michelle looks better. i can forgive a big Streisand nose or a short Marcy from Married With Children haircut, but not both. i think ima do that sig thing too.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    ^ that wouldnt surprise me worth a damn. Cuz Michelle be lookin at him sideways I know she caught him cheating a couple times. Probably even lets him.

oh lawd please don't say that, last thing we need is these racist muhfuckas to start with the President Mandingo ?
  • Swiffness!
    edited February 2010
    And Desiree might not be dime status, but as we've seen in the past, side peices dont have to be step ups for these politicians. See Lawinsky

ahem

MonicaLewinsky.jpg >>>>>>>>>>>> 20_hillary_lgl.jpg
  • earth two superman
    edited February 2010
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    oh lawd please don't say that, last thing we need is these racist muhfuckas to start with the President Mandingo ?

i doubt it would happen but his approval ratings would shoot up like it did with clinton. im willing to bet obama was the inspiration for this commercial too.
  • Swiffness!
    edited February 2010
    Well ? it, I might as well.
  • bornnraisedoffCMR
    edited February 2010
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    ahem

MonicaLewinsky.jpg >>>>>>>>>>>> 20_hillary_lgl.jpg

monica-lewinsky.jpg.....................
  • Swiffness!
    edited March 2010
    monica-lewinsky.jpg.....................

That pic is from 04. My pic is from the 90s, ? .

See, everyone got it twisted because all they saw was her official ID photo:

_208715_lewinsky150.jpg

....but everyone looks wack in ID photos.

I'm just sayin consider the track record. Bill not blind:

Gennifer-Flowers.jpg

GUESS WHO:

clinton_hill.jpg