Mega Churches...Fraud or For real

2»

Comments

• shootemwon
    shootemwon Members Posts: 4,635 ✭✭
    edited June 2011
    janklow wrote: »
    or, in other words, rather than differentiate between churches that spend responsibly and churches that exist solely to let their kingpins live a lavish lifestyle, you'd rather call them all the same and validate the latter? huh

All he said is that all churches are fraud. He never said all churches spend their fraudulently acquired money irresponsibly.
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Fraud. Word to Eddie Long.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited June 2011
    Do you really believe the church preaches the truth?
    i think there's a difference between a church that believes what they preach and a church that exists solely for the enrichment of whoever runs it
    shootemwon wrote: »
    All he said is that all churches are fraud. He never said all churches spend their fraudulently acquired money irresponsibly.
    all i'm saying is that it's pointless to lump them all together when we're talking about mega-churches. churches that spend/behave responsibly only qualify as frauds if you don't believe in their religious doctrine, which neither of us is going to prove one way or the other, so...
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    janklow wrote: »
    i think there's a difference between a church that believes what they preach and a church that exists solely for the enrichment of whoever runs it

all i'm saying is that it's pointless to lump them all together when we're talking about mega-churches. churches that spend/behave responsibly only qualify as frauds if you don't believe in their religious doctrine, which neither of us is going to prove one way or the other, so...

There you go. It's my simple opinion that churches are just big frauds. That is all.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited June 2011
    There you go. It's my simple opinion that churches are just big frauds. That is all.
    hence the part about "or, in other words, rather than differentiate between churches that spend responsibly and churches that exist solely to let their kingpins live a lavish lifestyle, you'd rather call them all the same and validate the latter" that i wrote up there
  • alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Seansosa wrote: »
    im talking the creflo dollars and td jakes etc..have you ever attended a mega church? whats your thoughts on these kinds of churches

It depends on what people are hoping that mega churches offer. And even if (though it really not a matter of if...it is) churches are found to operate under fraudulent intentions, it doesn't downplay the corruptions that exist every place else.