Options
13»

Comments

• haute
    haute Members Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    what the hell are mother's telling their daughters? What the hell are ya'll, women, hearing as little girls that makes so many grow up with this instant dislike for any woman that's lighter than you? not you specifically but you in general
    boom check it

so women learn how to be women from their mommys

a typical girl hears this growing up

"you're a pretty girl", when girls cry you often hear parents say "pretty little girls shouldn't cry", etc.

and there is nothing wrong with that, if there's balance, like if parents also reference how smart she is, or how she's good at whatever hobby, or emphasize certain virtues (honesty, etc)

but when there is no balance, and the majority of bragging and compliments come from just "being pretty"

girls start identify themselves that way

some girls get over it and find their identity in other ways

but if you have a girl who doesn't really identify herself in any other way, and put her in front of a tv or movie, that says, in some way, that pretty girls have light eyes, straight hair and fair skin, the results are crushing

plus you have some women who have children, and despite being grown they still identify themselves (or at least want to) as a "pretty girl" and so they push their own ideal of beauty on their child (getting perms at a young age, telling their kids to avoid the sun because they may get dark, pursuing partners who are lighter)
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I'd let Bria Myles ? in my dinner TONIGHT. TONIGHT, SON.
    lmao!

Im sick of these tar sickles looking for sympathy. Ol' 12:05 AM w/ no street lights on lookin ass ? crying and ? .

? if people think dark skinned women are so ugly why the ? its so many of yall around? CUZ SOMEBODY FOUND A BLACK ASS BROAD ATTRACTIVE AND ? HER.

THese dumb ? talking about men dont like them cuz they dark skinned. No men dont like u cuz you crazy as ? . I'd avoid them hoes too. I dont want some black ass bush ? with mental issues ? wit me either.