Why are women so obsessed with men who are "up to date with fashion"?

Options
2»

Comments

• Uncle Kingpin
    Uncle Kingpin Members Posts: 241
    edited May 2011
    Options
    These females you speak of aren't women, they're girls. They havent matured to womanhood regardless of age. They look at their bf as another accessory, instead of a man with feelings they want a mannequin. It's only to invoke jealousy in their friends. Shallow.
  • Aztec_Kang
    Aztec_Kang Members Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    man if you ask a girl what kinda guy she wants.....the first thing she'll say is i want a man that dress nice blah blah blah. it's very important to them how you dress......that's why when you meet most chicks will check out your shoes without even thinking about it.........they're superficial.......they worried about the man's car and his clothes not his character.
  • turqiun
    turqiun Members Posts: 1,491 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    ^^^This.

I don't care about men wearing name brands, keeping up with trends, etc.

LOL yea right. Many of my female friends that are in there thirties tell me the opposite. So a ? can be in wal mart shoes, a dress shirt from Target and jeans from K-Mart and you'd give him the time of day.?........Yeah....? ......right.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    ? fashion post.. dresses for comfort
  • TANGLUNG
    TANGLUNG Members Posts: 806 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    These females you speak of aren't women, they're girls. They havent matured to womanhood regardless of age. They look at their bf as another accessory, instead of a man with feelings they want a mannequin. It's only to invoke jealousy in their friends. Shallow.

And there you have it. I haven’t seen women necessarily worried about a particular brand men are wearing, but if their appearance is well kept then that’s really all that someone needed.
  • SpunkyBrewster
    SpunkyBrewster Members Posts: 18
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Aztec_Kang wrote: »
    man if you ask a girl what kinda guy she wants.....the first thing she'll say is i want a man that dress nice blah blah blah. it's very important to them how you dress......that's why when you meet most chicks will check out your shoes without even thinking about it.........they're superficial.......they worried about the man's car and his clothes not his character.

Surround yourself with different women.
  • BabyBugatti
    BabyBugatti Members Posts: 9,173 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Because I look on point, I'm into fashion, and fashion is a big deal in London (fashion capital durrrr)
    Ill be damned if im looking like the ? , while my boo's looking like hot ? .

<-- and gosh don watch the Avi, that's some friday night at home ? , wouldnt wear that in public.
  • kAjUn
    kAjUn Members Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Perfect wrote: »
    why btches get on forums n start lyin, this should at least b the 1 place you go to keep it all the way 100. dont nobody kno/really give a ? about u

anyway i appreciate women acknowledging fly ? . i dont eff wit trends (tatt-less, hardly wear polo, rock the hell outta my chucks). but I do break bread on fly ? (what i think is fly), and folks love/respect how i express myself. i dont hate em for it, its apart of me

People don't start developing that mentality until they get older and more mature.

Like I see dudes buying ? just because of the brand name when the quality doesn't match the cost. Smh.
  • Old Fart
    Old Fart Members Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    kAjUn wrote: »
    People don't start developing that mentality until they get older and more mature.

Like I see dudes buying ? just because of the brand name when the quality doesn't match the cost. Smh.
    yeah that's some weak follower mentality. both are guilty. I hear women all the time say they want a 'coach purse'. They don't even seem to care about which style...just as long as it's a 'Coach'. Dude's do the same with Js. Most probably wouldn't even know how to dress if they didn't see what brand other people are wearing first. Those are usually the people ? on others for staying in their own lane instead of following trends like they do. Just some superficial fake ? . And the most backwards ass ? is most got champaign taste, but only kool-aid money.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited June 2011
    Options
    there's a difference between being into high end fashion and judging people off that and wanting to be with someone who can simply dress themselves nicely...you don't need high end fashion to do that
  • Iheart~Cali
    Iheart~Cali Members Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Good question because now that I think of it I couldn't see myself taking a man in a Karl Kani or Fubu shirt seriously. However I think it's equally irritating when they spend unnecessary money on trendy clothes. Some nice relaxed fit clean jeans and clean ironed shirts (not the ones that hang to the knees) and that's all I need.
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    "Up-to-date" clothing is a sign of a man having money. Since usually those clothes are more expensive than regular clothing. Things that are "trendy" are usually in higher demand and therefore cost more.

Women love money first THEN themselves THEN men...

Same as them liking men with nice cars and nice homes and nice anything. It's a sign that they have money. Therefore women will be in to it.

Not complicated.
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  • stupot0607
    stupot0607 Members Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Darxwell wrote: »
    "Up-to-date" clothing is a sign of a man having money. Since usually those clothes are more expensive than regular clothing. Things that are "trendy" are usually in higher demand and therefore cost more.

Women love money first THEN themselves THEN men...

Same as them liking men with nice cars and nice homes and nice anything. It's a sign that they have money. Therefore women will be in to it.

Not complicated.

Physcology of it...

is that Women will want a man who is resourceful because genetically they want their kids to be born into wealth.
  • stupot0607
    edited June 2011
    Options
    kai_valya wrote: »
    more so they want a mate who can provide (shelter, food, etc) for her offspring. be4 that meant finding the strongest/best hunter, now it's who has the best means, wealth=provisions.

its no different then men seeking young women with clear signs of good fertility as to propagate their genes. so if evolution has wired us to be this way, why do y'all get mad at chicks for being gold-diggers, they're just fulfilling their evolutionary destiny

Hahaha i agree with you, i wasnt gettin mad Kai

its just Human Nature....

Just like how men will try to get the best looking girl so she will look good on his arm.
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    kai_valya wrote: »
    more so they want a mate who can provide (shelter, food, etc) for her offspring. be4 that meant finding the strongest/best hunter, now it's who has the best means, wealth=provisions.

its no different then men seeking young women with clear signs of good fertility as to propagate their genes. so if evolution has wired us to be this way, why do y'all get mad at chicks for being gold-diggers, they're just fulfilling their evolutionary destiny

I don't want kids. If I seek a young woman I DGAF about her fertility, I want a non wrinkled woman with a nice ass, unsaggy ? and tight ? walls with grippage...along with youthful exuberance. All that theory that's supposed to explain why it's deeper than that doesn't apply to me.
  • stupot0607
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Women aswell want the best looking male because genetically they want their kids to be as good looking as possible.