Trying to tone up over the summer

Options
ShencotheMC
ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2011 in The Weight Room
Alright well I figured since I wouldn't be doing anything I might as well try to get my tone game up and get some cuts in this body. I'm a skinny dude about 160lbs and I don't want to gain mass or anything like that that'll have me looking like John Cena I just want to get a six pack and some veins popping in my arms a bit lol. Anyways how can I go about doing this? Can I just download some p90x videos and do this in my living room? Should I hit up my school's gym? Like what's a good routine for this?

Comments

• ShencotheMC
    edited May 2011
    Options
    yeh..just do p90x and do some intense cardio.

Damn that's all there is to it because I just downloaded ab ripper x and the shoulder and arms joint
  • ShencotheMC
    edited May 2011
    Options
    thats really all there is to it, homie lol.

its all on you from there.

make sure you eat right too.

Ok well what about how my routine should be? Should I only do arms one day then abs the next or should I just get a workout in every day?
  • ShencotheMC
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Can a ? get a good recovery drink to go out and cop? I might start this earlier than the summer
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    You waited too long. Give it up and wait until next summer.
  • ShencotheMC
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »
    You waited too long. Give it up and wait until next summer.

Dude ain't nobody trynna get right for the summer. I'm trynna get right OVER the summer

Edit: Yea that didn't make that sound any less ? *shrugs*
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Eat anything i want point and ab game still on point..

WINNING.

I dont even use p90's in COD..

But seriously.. hit the monkey bars/Parallel bars..
  • ShencotheMC
    edited May 2011
    Options
    man I swear some of y'all need your own shows
  • Miltown Marauder
    Miltown Marauder Members Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Your a skinny ? so you got to get some muscle FIRST before you think about abs. Do a small bulk, lift hard, then cut.
  • ShencotheMC
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Your a skinny ? so you got to get some muscle FIRST before you think about abs. Do a small bulk, lift hard, then cut.

I'm 5'8 160. All I gotta do is gain like what, a couple more pounds and then get to toning up?
  • Miltown Marauder
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Not tone, lift hard.
  • ShencotheMC
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Not tone, lift hard.

excuse me for being new because I don't know ? about exercising or what not, but I'm getting two different answers here. I got Eye telling me to just watch some p90x and get my game on and then you're telling me that I need to gain a little mass and then lift hard. I don't want to be bigger than I am I just want a damn six pack and my arms to have a couple vins popping out on some wwe type ? . Like is there one specific answer to this ? ?
  • Miltown Marauder
    edited June 2011
    Options
    ? , abdominals are muscles, if you have no muscles, how do you figure your going to get a 6 pack? you need to lift man. Your NOT going to get BIG so don't even worry about that. Focus on MUSCLES, then everything will fall through.
  • ShencotheMC
    edited June 2011
    Options
    ? , abdominals are muscles, if you have no muscles, how do you figure your going to get a 6 pack? you need to lift man. Your NOT going to get BIG so don't even worry about that. Focus on MUSCLES, then everything will fall through.

I could've done without the ? , but I get what you saying. I'm about to start doing my arms and shoulders right now
  • truth spitter
    truth spitter Members Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    U too late for the summer bruh. But u can get started right now for next year. Focus on compound movements. If u truly a skinny dude at 5'8, 160 bulk up. I'm the exact same stats but not skinny so I dont kno how u are.
  • ShencotheMC
    edited June 2011
    Options
    NOBODY IS TRYING TO GET RIGHT FOR THE SUMMER HERE ? ! Lol, but yea I'm about to go for a walk and then get to doing some lifting right quick
  • BP OIL SPILL FACE
    BP OIL SPILL FACE Members Posts: 2,526 ✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    shenco wrote: »
    NOBODY IS TRYING TO GET RIGHT FOR THE SUMMER HERE ? ! Lol, but yea I'm about to go for a walk and then get to doing some lifting right quick

I could've done without the ? . LOL
  • Miltown Marauder
    edited June 2011
    Options
    shenco wrote: »
    I could've done without the ? , but I get what you saying. I'm about to start doing my arms and shoulders right now

My fault for that, but follow those instructions and you WILL be good.